Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will Whitebeard die?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nah, People don't die in One Piece

13 17.57%
  • Yep, the old man will fall

61 82.43%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whitebeard, will he make it?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard, will he make it?

Ok, so we have seen WB taking a few apparently serious wounds, admirals, VA and a number of nameless yet strong marines. He has done a great deal while fighting and has changed the flow of the battle a few times by himself. Thing is, he keeps getting wounds on top of his already old and sick body.

So who thinks Whitebeard will die? Who thinks Whitebeard will live? What are the implications of pops living past the war? What are the implications of pops dying very soon?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whitebeard, will he make it?

Oh, he'll definitely die. I don't know how anyone can doubt that any more. His time is over, he's old and ill, and he was wounded. This way, he'll be able to deliver a heavy blow to marines before he dies.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MidnightAngel's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO he'll die, just after the end of the arc..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think every mention of the "New Age" has foreshadowed his death. I also don't see Sengoku or Garp lasting much longer than him.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I fear the worst for WB....it doesn't look good especially after chapter 569!!! I think he will fall..its inevitable now. Garp will survive, WB will fall imo.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have say the week before that he was definitely going to die because of the various injuries he got but this week's chapter made me hope he will not. Yes, he got more important injuries in the last chapter (three swords stuck into him, a bazooka explosion near the head, bullets shot at him) BUT
    has WB not just said that he will live until the day he'll see a good future for his sons ? He said that all these injuries weren't enough to kill him, claiming again " I am the WB ! " That means WB does not plan to die in this war after saving Ace : he plans to prepare the future for all his sons because he knows the time for him to retire/die is close.
    It gives me hope to see him live longer. The idea that Luffy will fight him in the future, as he said to Ace in Alabasta, seems indeed impossible now (WB would not live enough time for Luffy to become his rival) but WB could survive the war and die after. It depends on what will happen in the next chapters but as said WB, these injuries aren't enough to kill him. So, for the moment, it is not sure for him to die.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think He's going to die, but only once all his 'children' and allies can get out of Marineford, as he will sink the island. The injuries are only part of the reasoning that he's going to die, I think the Moby Dick being destroyed was a big hint, and the fact that he's talked an awful lot about death and mortality in general over the last few chapters.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Oh, he'll definitely die. I don't know how anyone can doubt that any more. His time is over, he's old and ill, and he was wounded. This way, he'll be able to deliver a heavy blow to marines before he dies.
    Yeah, Oda will honor him by the the first big shot to die in battle and not in flashbacks. ()

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamjamstyle's Avatar
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Incapable of fighting after the war: Yes
    Die during the war: No

If he died, it would crush most of the hope that the WB pirates are holding from being able to fend off the marines. WB wants to see a bright future for his crew, therefore i think he'll be reduced as a observer who follows the progression of Ace and Luffy. This is also what i desire the most from Oda actually.

Btw, Oda doesn't want to use someone's death as a excuse for drama... His answer on why he refuse to kill of characters would be kinda... meh. I'd rather see killing of Pell then WB.
    Last edited by jamjamstyle; December 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM.
    To visit my deviantart --> http://jamjamstyle.deviantart.com

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard will die and Ace will get an awesome revenge arc in the future against whoever it was that specifically landed the killing blow. Most likely Akainu.

And though Oda doesn't use death as an excuse for drama, it's also a myth that Oda doesn't kill off people. Assuming you of course ignore flashbacks and the few hundred dead people that have occured in them, there have already been at least two deaths, both of which were rather undramatic.

Whitebeard retiring would be equivalent to his death. If he had to retire, he'd prefer to go out in a blaze of glory. This is what we're about to see.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WB is done for..................his death will be the biggest in one piece up to this point. he has been shot and stabbed multiple times, not to mention he is already sick. i think WB's display will prompt garp to take action.

this is how i see it. luffy will get to the platform and sengoku will try to stop him. garp will fight sengoku, so luffy can unhandcuff ace, then the escape will began. WB seeing no other way for his children to get away, he will quake the entire marineford on top of himself.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

With the "New Era" approaching (according to Doflamingo), Whitebeard's death will mark the end of the previous era and Oda will make this shift particularly dramatic with the first important death in One Piece. At the rate Whitebeard is battling on with such fatal injuries, I would be very surprised if he stayed alive for much longer and there is no way he would stop because the Ace's life is on the line.

Besides, it would be disappointing to see such a massive war end with no significant casualties. On the other hand, Oda always surprises his readers with a shocking revelation of some sort so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm a little sad how he got wounded so early during this battle,and i would've loved to see him fighting strong,but yeah he's dying for the same reason shanks gave his arm and straw hat to give the new generation a chance

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

He will die or have a deep coma. The worst is that there is a possibility that he would end up being the new Dr. VegaPunk experimental subject for the DF.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga View Post
    He will die or have a deep coma. The worst is that there is a possibility that he would end up being the new Dr. VegaPunk experimental subject for the DF.
    Oh crap, that would certainly suck. Can you imagine having WB Pacifista's? That'd be ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that he's going to die though, a hole through a chest + some sort of disease he has usually equals certain death.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast