Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Let's Lagoon by Okazaki Takeshi

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's Lagoon by Okazaki Takeshi

Let's Lagoon by Okazaki Takeshi
    Genre: Drama, Ecchi, Romance, Supernatural
    Serialized: Bessatsu Young Magazine
    Summary and Preview:
    Yamada is a castaway on an island without any ships passing by and he is unable to recall why he is there. After finding his sports bag, he assumes he was on a school trip. With only 7 days worth of food, he eventually decides to make a boat to leave the island. He thought he was alone on the island until finding a girl named Imaise Chika eating his food. They then decide to continue carving the boat together. Since the boat only has room for one, Yamada decides to set off for help, but returns upon noticing that not only has Imaise put her share of rations in his bag, they are mostly untouched as well. After returning, he notices she made the oar out of a fishing lance and he decides they can live on the island longer.
    Scans by Village Idiot

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's Lagoon by Okazaki Takeshi

A nice manga,i'm looking forward to the next chapters,but they sure take their time ._.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There, I finally found this thread on Let's Lagoon! This manga is very good because it displays an eerie and mysterious feel surrounding the characters and the setting on the manga. The story is pretty romantic, but we cannot just predict a happy mood on it because the story involves mystery and horror (I think).

Why is the island undetected in the world map? How come there are two Shibata's present on this time? The story is indeed very creepy and it makes me chill and think all over.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy it because it reminds me of LOST the tv series, haha. It's really frustrating since it's every chapter is short and only comes out once a month. I haven't read chapter 14 yet but I might as well read the whole series again because I'm confused since it's been a long time.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh,same here.I forgot most of the names and this whole time-fog thing is even more confusing now.So yeah,i need to re-read it too.More like,i want to re-read it because the chapters with Chika were the best in the series.I miss her.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The setting sounds awesome, so I'm gonna start reading it today or tomorrow
    The fact that it's on an island makes me kinda sad that manga are black and white, would probably be much more beatiful in colours

Hm I'm a little bit disppointed that so many people appeared. I think it could potentially have been much better (even though much harder to write for the author!!) when it would've really remained between Chika and Yamada. I think that it could've been very nice if it had been well done - as I said, it would be a hard task to keep it interesting then, but definitly possible imo.

Still, the series is fine this way. No masterpiece, but still enjoyable so far.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; March 09, 2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply