Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Heroman by Stan Lee & Oota Tamon

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heroman by Stan Lee & Oota Tamon

Heroman by Stan Lee & Oota Tamon
    Genre: Action, Sci-fi
    Serialized: Shonen Gangan
    Summary and Preview:
    Joey wants to be a hero, but he's just an orphan who works day and night to take care of himself and his grandmother. After seeing a commercial for a toy robot, he desperately wants one, thinking the robot will give him the strength to change. The only one he can afford, though, is a broken one a rich school bully threw in the trash. When Rina, a pretty cheerleader who's always been nice to him, is kidnapped, will Joey and his toy robot be able to become heroes and rescue her?
    Chapter 1 by Keishou Scans

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heroman by Stan Lee & Oota Tamon

It's easy and simple, there's not much story in it yet and the character development at this moment is zero. But it has something catchy. I liked the first two chapters overall. Not because it's awesome or very good but because it gives a nostalgic feeling of some mecha series. Definitely going to read more of it.
    Last edited by Koen; December 29, 2009 at 01:04 PM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like in Ultimo, Stan Lee was made into a character in the story. The best friend on the crutches has some awesome hair, reminds me of Afro Samurai. At first I thought the main character was a girl because of the drawing but I turned out to be wrong. Heroman doesn't have the best name but I will have to live with it. I think the next stage of his evolution will being him able to speak. He almost seems to strong, hardly a scratch on him during the first 2 chapters. He does seem to have a since of compassion for humans when he saved the girl in the first chapter, like it wasn't a command by his master, just acting on his own. I hope this series gets better.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... although this came with an anime offer, I doubt it will be successful since it seems to fit with the American audience instead of the Japanese. Maybe CN might even try to capitalize on it?? it's more like Ben 10, though. BTW, is it just me or has Stan Lee taken up permanent residence in Japan? if so, I sure hope he'll be able to voice opinions from outside Japan about some mangas. (I don't want something like DA to happen again, so I hope if he is permanently staying, he'll be able to tell which mangas has global potential)
    Last edited by Newkerzy; February 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    Just like in Ultimo, Stan Lee was made into a character in the story. The best friend on the crutches has some awesome hair, reminds me of Afro Samurai. At first I thought the main character was a girl because of the drawing but I turned out to be wrong. Heroman doesn't have the best name but I will have to live with it. I think the next stage of his evolution will being him able to speak. He almost seems to strong, hardly a scratch on him during the first 2 chapters. He does seem to have a since of compassion for humans when he saved the girl in the first chapter, like it wasn't a command by his master, just acting on his own. I hope this series gets better.
    As a Stan Lee fan, let me say one thing: He always does that. In every comic he works in. Every single one of them.

New Reply