Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?- Naruto, Bleach Or One Piece

Voters
402. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

69 17.16%
  • Bleach

32 7.96%
  • One Piece

301 74.88%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs. Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member THE KING's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NARUTO vs.Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

|3| Naruto: It was very good until somewhere around the time when eight tails is introduced. After that, even though I've been reading it every week, I can't seem to recall what's been happening. I've lost interest totally.

|2| Bleach: It just drags on too much, but still I find it interesting. I read it once a month or so. Reading it weekly would have made me lose interest in it too.

|1| One Piece: Before reading it, I used to prejudice it as the worst manga ever. But now that I've read it, it's the best. A lot has been said about it already so I'll leave it at that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

none of these 3 are perfect.

also this depends a lot on what a reader expect from what he is reading.

OP is prolly better when it comes to exciting plot-lines,but all the characters are 2 bit,not changing,and nothing much besides excitement.which effectively worn me out after about 250 chaps.

i know lots of ppl make fun of naruto chasing sasuke,but i reasonably think that those two share a parallelism hard to find in shonen,both of them change gradually and logically,the shinobi world portrays the hatred in our world and national feelings.

of course naruto has its weak points,like not being exciting enough for a shonen,but i don't like shonens in general in the 1st place.i don't care much about fightings and its a very little factor to me in determining what i would read,still naruto fights aren't that bad as lots of other factors like strategies, times, circumstances, luck, numerical advantage/disadvantage comes into play instead of normal shonen 1 on 1 wrestling matches.

so for me,naruto seems to be the better one of the 3.

3. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Autor's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece is the best one!!!

Naruto is really boring lately... really really boring, I´m about drop it.
    Bleach is good, with really epic moments, and a good style!
    One Piece is epic... don´t need to say more.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Autor View Post
    One Piece is the best one!!!

Naruto is really boring lately... really really boring, I´m about drop it.
    Bleach is good, with really epic moments, and a good style!
    One Piece is epic... don´t need to say more.
    Agree word for word sans the emboldened line. Bleach has done literally nothing for 2+ close to 3 years now. This entire rescue Orihime/Hueco Mundo arc is just completely foolish.

I pretty much gave up on Naruto a year or so ago, but read it just for the sake of finishing a story. That being said though Naruto has been better than Bleach by a good margin. Hopefully the latest chapter of Bleach has struck a spark and will actually become interesting once more.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally i feel that Bleach is out of the race for being my favourate. For me there are times when Naruto felt like #1 and there are times where One Piece felt like #1 . I feel that in the earlier volumes Naruto was better then One Piece. In the earlier volumes, Naruto made me wanting to read more; it was the teamwork in the earlier volumes that made me wanting more.And since i wanted got hooked on to One Piece earlier , have been reading One Piece longer and that One Piece only had one part which i don't really liked; characters not dying, I voted One Piece as the top. Though i still feel that there are times where Naruto felt like #1 and there are times where One Piece felt like #1 .
    ..: The night is forever old :..

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach- The story was great in the begining; Rukia and Ichigo just killing Hollows and living their everyday life. Going to Soul Society was amazing and the introduction of those characters, but the story started to slowly fade for me after the introduction of the Espada, it lacks consistency and now only provides superb art which alone can't compensate for a lacking story.

Naruto- I was never really a fan of Naruto in the begining, but once I started to read it I really go into it thanks to some amazing great characters such as Jiraiya(RIP), Itachi(RIP), and Naruto himself. Though the story is much more levelled than Bleach, sometimes it feels as if Kishi knows where he wants Naruto to end up but can't decide the order in which to tell the story and you end up with whole arcs focusing on one fight, one scene and so on. Also I like stories where the characters travel to different places. Naruto has that, but not enough.

One Piece- It has it all; comedy, awesome story, characters both recurring and main that could have their own seperate mangas. Anyone who has read it would tell you that it makes you dream, you really do understand what the romance Oda is trying to convey is. Many people say that the panels are too packed and there's too much text, but the length in which Oda goes to provide details to the pages are outstanding, you could find out so much just by looking at the background of panel. I personally don't mind the text, you learn more in one chapter in OP than you could probably learn in 3 Bleach chapters.

There's not many you would disagree that One Piece is one of the greatest Mangas ever made, my 2nd behind Dragon Ball because well, any child in Africa could tell you who Goku was and I dunno if OP is there yet.

9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh. Why did I wade into this?

One Piece - Undoubtedly best of the three, but I have read better stories and I have seen higher quality drawings. What One Piece is the best at, probably more than anything I've read, is the setting. The world, the sheer number of relevant characters (ones I can go "Oh yeah, I could believe that would be a real person") and the amazing imagination Oda doesn't hold back on. And when I say real people, I mean real people. Not just emos, but hotheads, tools, whores, freaks of nature, nihilists, cocky bastards, masochists, etc. I can feel repulsed, angry, happy, sad, uplifted and in hysterics all in one chapter of One Piece.

Yet like I just said, I have read far better stories (none of them are manga though, perhaps it's a cultural thing?) and I have seen much higher quality art (in a lot of mangas actually). One Piece is decent at everything, but only excels in it's imaginative setting's whilst most other mangas try to make it seem like the boy next door could be an all powerful being.

So: + imaginative and emotionally engaging, - quality control

Naruto - Actually the first manga I ever read. Yes, I too was once a teenage fanboy of ninjas, a Bruce Lee clone and a manga that uses a tournament arc. I also enjoy the setting for Naruto, found a good portion of the characters believable and the fights exciting. Art quality was not crash hot, but the techniques were always fresh and the pacing felt good.

And then, we did a timeskip. This was also the first manga I read with a timeskip, and three chapters in, I hated it. Thirty chapters in, I thought the story's main character had done nothing in the time skip. Sixty chapters in, I realised the main character was actually Sasuke and ninety chapters in, I realised that it was a manga about two people at best. That said, Naruto still has, of the top three, my favourite action, and still has a story which can keep me entertained at varying degrees.

So: + for action, - for not developing secondary characters.

Bleach - So Bleach was also a favourite for some time. I roleplayed it even, I was a Vizard named Kaoin Kisho who had a wood + gravity element shikai and bankai. Bleach started with another original setting, a guy with a BIG FUCKING SWORD (used to think it was a plus) and characters with back stories. Even if the backstory was as simple as "My brother died in a car accident", I could believe it. The Soul Society arc was probably also, to date, one of the best written arcs across a lot of mangas for the combination of the Bleach world it brought together.

And then...well I think it speaks for itself. Everytime I click a link for Bleach, I cringe in anticipation. Sometimes, I even throw up a little bit in my mouth. I find Gantz more entertaining than this rubbish, and Gantz is just a 3D guro manga about people that spend half a chapter panting and half a chapter exploding into bits.

So: + the start, - everything else

And after all that, One Piece > Naruto > Bleach. It shouldn't even be personal preference, it's just blatant fact. Imaginative + all scales of emotion > Action intensive + dark > shit.

Pity Naruto and Bleach are seen as the big three. FMA's my #2, and Fairy Tail is fast approaching Naruto's rank.

EDIT: And I never get the "supberb art" arguement for Bleach. Please, take a look at a background in Bleach any day of the week. What's that? It's white you say? Absolutely white? Oh wait, some buildings somewhere? I don't believe that.

Seriously, backtrack. What was the last decent background you've seen in Bleach. Take away the backgrounds of Naruto and One Piece, and the artists there would be able to dish out just as high a quality of "art" for the characters as well.
    Last edited by bittman; January 27, 2010 at 07:47 AM.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

11. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, the gap between Naruto and One Piece, which once had Naruto towering above it, like the sky above the earth, is now a terribly small gap, hardly noticeable to the naked eye.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think One Piece is definitely the better of the three. Shoot, One Piece is better than both Naruto and Bleach put together at this stage.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I only read Naruto so my vote is crap, but looking at the numbers it also has no impact lol. I'm just surprised if I look at the number of posts on this forum, Naruto having more than 5 times as many as One Piece. Does everyone simply come in there so often to say how crap Naruto is or something? I would think that if you don't like a manga, you don't waste your time posting about it.

My problem with One Piece is the art, I simply cannot get into it. It may be incredible in everything, but the art style prohibits me from reading it. I have tried like 4 times, but fail each time to even accept it as just annoying, much less like it. Bleach I've never even tried due to what I read on this forum and what I hear from friends, sounds like I have better things to do than put time into that. So Naruto is left.

And for Naruto I have to agree that it's become worse lately, after the Pain arc (which was my favorite in the whole series) it has been focussing way too much on Sharingan, Sasuke, and way too little on Naruto. I do still enjoy it very much, but it's not like during the Pain arc that I wanted to have a time machine, and I'm just waiting for the day that I remember Naruto came out the day before that day. And what's worse, based on interviews and from common logic, Sasuke is only going to get more attention and Naruto less. I desperately hope Naruto's training is going to be with Killer Bee and that it is going to receive a lot of attention, because that is sure to bring a lot of goodness, both in comedy and in epicness (because it is most likely going to be training to control the Kyuubi).
    Last edited by Phoenix946; January 27, 2010 at 06:31 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs.Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

No one wants to read posts about bashing a series. It's easy to do and other members will encourage you with thanks but it's not allowed. Posts involving this have been deleted.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ~FrienD~'s Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs. Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

okay! i honestly don't like characters in onepiece(ex: luffy and his crew,i liked the villains though) but i'd say its better than naruto&bleach atm.
    Last edited by ~FrienD~; February 03, 2010 at 08:07 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    And now my favorite :
    The plot is very consistent, especially after 500 chapters. Oda seems to have planned everything out from the very beginning. Although there were times when I would go wtf? (Like Luffy's grandfather and brother being pretty important characters, yet they seem to come out of nowhere, without having been fore mentioned at all ... and the true about Ace's Father ... this is too much) But for the most part I enjoy the consistency of the plot and the pace at which Oda reveals it.

actually that was one of the first thing oda planned^^

Spoiler show

to stay on topic^^

I start with Naruto

I really liked everthing until sasuke left or to be precise until he abandoned kakashi's words.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/177/06/
    thats the moment where the manga lost its most important value for me.

I expected kishimoto focusing on problems in the ninja world and how naruto and sasuke would change it and free the world of sadness and sorrow due to their experience with pain. but instead kishi turned this characters against each other and sice then it has mainly been which one is stronger and who will dominate fight fight fight .-. ...

I somehow feel that kishimoto was influenced by the audience at that time and altered the course of the manga.

i would say part 1 naruto > one piece >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>part 2 naruto

bleach

well i think i love this manga because it deals a lot with death. everyone questions what its like after your life is at its end and kubo gives us some nice imagination^^ thats all i love about this manga... i dont like all this power ups which somehow mean nothing because their is no weight of power. its Aizen >>>>>> ichigo >aizen>ichigo>kenpachi>noitorra>ichigo >.>

it would be more interesting if kubo would show us his world. i mean rukongai and the whole soul society. explain how the things are working there and then create a lot of directions how the manga might develope... there are some though like isshin, his wife, king and royal guard but thats all. they all seem to meet up at the same spot and its like the same string this manga is following only expanding a little to the right and sometimes to the left. (its confusing , but if you dont get what i'm trying to say i'll say it easier -> this manga is boring, the only things keeping the readers to read this are isshin and ryuuken for the most part)

one piece

the best manga ever~ its not like its perfect (nothing is perfect), it's simply very good.

1) this manga shows indirectly aspects of our world and luffy and his crew solve all the injustice they encounter on their journey. i think some of you wished for the world to be a nice place where no hunger no slavery, no war and other unjust things. this is how oda solves this problems by creating luffy with an inhuman strenght to please our wishes.

2) lets take tenryoubito. world nobels can do everything they want even killing humans. it's not like our society is different. we dont get all the things to see because they will scare us and thats why television and other show us only just things or acceptable things... well I think the most of you now that slavery exists even today even in big cities even in cities like london, berlin, paris and others. the problem is that the governments tolerate such things.... well I got a little carried away here^^ but iw anted to say that one piece is somethings that satisfies my mind.

--------------

I think there are two kinds of readers. the ones who like a lot fighting and action and the ones who are interested in the critics: how the author connects this manga with actual things. this is why i liked the beginning of naruto. i also like the action but showing all the unjustice and how luffy fights against it simply amazes me to no end^^

wow, i'm sorry if my english is way too terrible^^

20. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LongLiveOnePiece's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs. Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Well for me this is how it goes: OP > Bleach >Naruto

BLEACH: It had a mediocre start but then the SoulSociety arc was the best so far..The battles are great. I like the art even its pretty much simplified.
    After Soul society the story is lame, Ichigo is lamer and side characters ( Inoue Renji Rukia) are lamest..For me Bleach can > Naruto only because it has Aizen ( although his overpowering is a negative stuff to begin with but after Kubo's choice to make him so i like it as long as he keeps it that way and isnt beaten by lame Ichigo), Zaraki Kenpachi and some Bankais i want to see( Yamamoto, shinji, urahara ,Gin , Aizen).

NARUTO: one of the best starts in every manga-anime.Although i dont like these kinds of battles ( ninja stuff arent my favourite got to admit) it used to be pretty amusin..it had Sasuke and Naruto who were 2 good characters to begin with..The Villain was also good( Orochimaru)..but after the timeskip ( although it was good to see these upgrades) the story was SUPER boring..Sasuke's revenge.Naruto hunting him,Sakura trying to stop him and vice versa..As well Sasuke is killing all the powerful characters. Too many upgrades i think..Now i just read it and wait for the end because i dont want to waste all these hours reading the manga and watching the anime..So lets end it please..i dont care if sasuke or naruto wins..I just want to see their battle. i have been waiting for the final rematch for a lont time.I want to see 9 tails vs demon sasuke thats all.P.S. side characters are pretty lame

ONE PIECE: it has the best main char, the most hilarious and has pretty nice movements and fights scenes without being upgraded all the time.in fact in 10 years of OP we have only seen Gear 2 and 3 as a major upgrade and now Haki is on the line..I love the art because its clear unlike Naruto and ofcourse all these islands that events take place are awesome, in the anime too-afterall who doesnt want to watch so much blue sea and other awesome landscapes??Villains in OP are as they should especially right now..they seem unbeatable but are obstacles Luffy and Co must overcome..Story in general is too good to be true..I dont believe that Oda has thought of all these stuff from the right beginning but he makes us believe so :P , and for that i praise him..the only part i dont like are some of the SH crew..i dont like their fights although they are quite innovative: Franky Robin Nami USsop Chopper..As you understand i m not a SH vrew fanboy:P .However, i love sanji and Zoro( especially Zoro).
    P.S. ITS the most hilarious anime-manga ever made..for real all of them are adorable.

So all in all OP RULES

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im pretty sure the ranking goes like this

One Piece >>>> Garbage >>> Naruto >>>> Dirt >>> Bleach

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast