Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?- Naruto, Bleach Or One Piece

Voters
402. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

69 17.16%
  • Bleach

32 7.96%
  • One Piece

301 74.88%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs. Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs. Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Quote Quote:
    That's just plain not nice...
    We are all friends in discussion.. if a few idiots ruin that..so what..
    I personally love all of the "so called" top manga from Shonen...
    But really??? I have never hated on any manga (Just writers and characters, including Oda and OP).

I'm sorry if your offended, but you will offend others here who have never done any wrong in "your" other forums...

Just remember, It's just cartoons.....
    well to get a point across, you have to offend some people. I'm sorry if you're offended but that doesn't excuse the majority of the OP fanbase. Yeah I know they're just cartoon, but its fun to debate about pointless things, and besides internet is serious business. I'm not talking about the OP fans on this site in particular, just the fanbase in general. Where ever I go there's always some smug OP fanboys who love to bash the other two for no good reason. If you see someone do it, you should call 'em out. And I'm only talking about bashing, I don't care about people who legitimately argue about their preferences.

Quote Quote:
    dude come on dont come in here getting mad because someone pointed out something that we all know its true, which of the three has a better plot, which one has more developed characters, come on those are questions that people who arent obssessed with the top 3 can answer, i follow all three of them, but in my opinion i think op is the better of the 3, i mean in bleach come on that was going downhill but as of lately it started getting a bit more interesting, as for naruto the whole sasuke chasing has gotten many people tired, and if you dont believe me just go on the naruto hangout thread and ask, but op hasnt gotten me bored out of my ass yet, so in my opinion is the better of the three, and i maybe wrong but the reason why i think people dont bash out on one piece is because of the fact that it is a great manga and most readers know it, but hey its just my opinion
    good for you, you have an opinion that you've formed after reading/watching all 3. I don't have a problem with this, its just the senseless bashing of the other two I find everywhere.

Quote Quote:
    It is a bit of a problem, I'll admit being guilty of it myself before. Objectively speaking One Piece and Naruto are probably tied (it's a matter of audience though) and Bleach is just on another planet. And whilst I'm being objective, Yotsubato! and Full Metal Alchemist are both superior mangas in every definition of the word.
    Objectively, yeah I agree that they're tied in terms of quality. Both have different flaws, and both have different strengths. OP for example has very little characterization (beyond the SHs individual sob story), deviates from the main plot often and can get pretty boring at times. Naruto on the other hand has inconsistent writing, plot holes and not enough focus on the side characters. I admit that Oda has written OP better than Kishi has with Naruto but I prefer the plot and characters of the latter. I like all 3 (prefer Naruto the most), Bleach less lol, but I can respect other people's preferences. Which is my problem with the piecetards: They don't respect the opinions of the fans of the other two. Yeah I know, I'm taking this too seriously, buuuuuuuuut respect is important, especially if you're conversing with people over the internet. So all I ask is to please keep yourselves in line. If you've got preferences go ahead and talk about them as much as you want, just present your opinion in a well thought out manner.

and yeah I think FMA is the best shounen too

Quote Quote:
    "Our manga" is being best sold in Japan - which is in fact the market which counts for manga series - the TV show is running far better as well. Far better than Naruto and Bleach together in 2009. Better sells, better TV show ratings, at minimum since 2008. Those are undeniable and objective facts.

The lack of international overburn is explained in few words: 4Kids didn't get their hands on neither Naruto nor Bleach, did they?
    hurr durr, quality is not equal to quantity. By that logic Twilight is some good literature right? Also since Naruto is more popular worldwide compared to OP, I guess that makes Naruto the best, amirite?

NO

your statement is a logical fallacy

and LOL Naruto has gotten plenty of bad dubs in Germany and other places. Still popular as hell there too. I've got a theory on why OP never became that big in the U.S, but its pretty out there

Quote Quote:
    Lol someone feels like left out, one piece all the way!!!! and the reason why ppl don't bash OP in other furoms is not because they don't want to, but because they can't, they know and you know One Piece is the best!!!, it sure beats everything in every way you look at it, top rated, most sold, more fan base you name it, baby one piece got it
    lies and slander. Naruto has a bigger fanbase.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member $nipe's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NARUTO vs.Bleach vs. One Piece Poll

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    Naruto>OP>Bleach

ALWAYS

but lol I'm a Naruto fanboy so the theres a lot of bias in my opinion.

I like the action, and plot better in Naruto than in OP. Sure you can say that Oda actually plans his stuff out instead of pulling things out of his ass like the other two, but Naruto still manages to be more interesting for me. Artstyle is objective, I think Kubo does the best character designs, but fails hard for not having any backgrounds.

I think Naruto has better villains because they seem a lot more compelling to me than say Enel, who was just lol-worthy.
    I think both are very different styles of writing, and I'm sure that OP is WAY easier to write than Naruto. I mean, you have the Naruto fans in their forum discussing that the elemental composition of the chakra proves in fact that X character is able to learn a certain jutsu, there's even a thread discussing psychiatric illnesses of the characters, the culture, values and moral conflicts. I can imagine Kishimoto having headaches on whether his character can learn a jutsu because his blodline limit will allow it or if a raiton bunshin will use half of your chakra. The only people I've seen discussing stuff with so much frenzy by comparing it to the script are Jehova's witnesses with a bible.

Now, compare it to OP, where Oda can write something like this: "This time Luffy will go to a village where... there are... people that walk backwards, the villain will be able to convert anything into cottage cheese". You have an indestructible character made of rubber --rubber with no yield strenght nor plastic deformation whatsoever-- which usually gets powerups out of nowhere whenever he needs them, with no moral code but rather a life built upon a whim, and so many logical inconsistencies that you can't possibly have any plot hole as long as you have enough imagination. Does a sandman get beaten by using 20 liters of water? Great idea! Makes Marvel's Hydro looks stupid. Having a gigantic golden ball melted over your hand is nothing: rubber is indestructible.

Personally, I'll give more credit to Naruto because of the effort to create a "realistic" manga, on its own way; however I read One Piece and enjoy it dearly: it's funny, it's unexpected and exciting. But to me, comparing whether Naruto or One Piece are one better than the other is a matter of asking yourself what will make you consider something as "better". Is it that it makes you laugh? Is it that you don't have to think too much? If you cook dinner yourself isn't it more likely to get it wrong? Will you enjoy it if you order it delivered? Does it make it better? I, for instance, can be honest to you: One Piece has stupid characters, with ridiculous powers. But I love them, and enjoy them. Are they good? Yes. Better than Naruto? I don't think so.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

For me its :

1. One Piece
    2./3. Bleach and Naruto

One Piece :

- the most funny one of the big threes
    - a very good storyline
    - all of the sh are good characters and i love them all
    - no insane powerups from one day to the other

Bleach :

- definetly the best art of all.....kubo drawing-style is just awesome
    - overall a good storyline but man......sometimes the progress of the arcs is so damn slow
    - stupid almost instant powerups and nobody knows why

Naruto :

- ok the first of the big three i began to read
    - i loved the idea of a "nobody" who will surpass a genius with hard work
    (ok after Naruto´s father was revealed that doesnt count anymore)
    - overall a good story
    - some really useless character *looking to tenten* - and other characters didnt get enough screentime.

And I think One Piece is clearly the winner of this poll - rightly.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I started with Naruto. It was my first anime[2.3 years back]. the first part was really good.I watched several times. After the first part i started to read Manga.Initially It was good, but when the story progressing it becomes worst.
    After completing of Naruto I started to watch One Piece. Initially it was not good compared to Naruto, But i keep on watching because of lot of episodes are there it was good time pass.But when story is progressing One piece becoming better.I just finished the anime too quickly and start to watch Bleach.
    Bleach was lot of action.lots of fights.It was good.but i ran out of episodes and sadly there was no fun at all.
    If i give my rating it will like this with my opinion Naruto=Bleach=OP.

So again I start to watch One Piece.this time it was better than naruto in many ways.I finally into OP world. after finishing OP anime i start reading Manga. Manga was better than OP anime[thank goodness its English subs, not 4Kids dub].

If i compare now it will be like this One Piece >>>>>>>>>>>>>>[Naruto or Bleach]don't care which one it is.

Finally OP is Best. and it simply superb.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vizard5's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

First anime i ever saw was Bleach, and i fell in love with it. And continiued to love it dearly untill the arrancars were introduced, after that the series just went downhill for me. And it became worse and worse and now it is ruined and i have droped it.

I started watching Naruto a litte while after i started wathcing Bleach, but didn't like it as much as Bleach. But i must say that the chunin-exam is my favorite arc in any anime\manga. But later the anime got ruined by fillers and the manga got ruined my sasuke and his silly litte revenge tragedy. I am still reading the manga, but i stoped watching the anime about 2 years ago.

One piece had a slow start and after watching about the 15 first episodes i had a break for about 4 months. But when i picked it up again and watched it till it got to the arlong-arc it got me hooked. I loved the humor, the easygong attitude of the crew and the friend-theme. But it wasn't untill the enies lobby arc i really fell in love with it. Now it is my favorite manga of "the big 3", not because it is superior to the other two, but because it has stayed a consistantly good manga and is overall the best manga. But if we only had the 100 first episodes to each anime one piece would prolly be my least favorite..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto: Naruto really went uphill all the way before shipunden started, sadly it started to go downhill with some small ups then and then just to go back roller coasting downwards.

Bleach: Is more or less never changing you dont get disappointed but neither do you get exited over it it kept a straight line from the begging with just some small up and downs quickly straightening out starting to go forward again.

One Piece: One piece have always been going upwards, yes sometimes we seen small downs but they have quickly straighted out to start going upwards again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I don't think it's a magic blanket either. But still, it won't stop me from calling it a magic blanket.
    It is amazing how it appeared out of nowhere, though. I never imagined that strong pirates go around carrying magical blankets with them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. OP ( Great characters, Great development. Emotional roller coaster.)
    2. Naruto ( Started off Great but things went off balance and now we have like 4 god like ninjas who are really the only ones that matter. )
    3. Bleach ( Awesome characters but the plot is fish flopping looking for direction.)

I like all 3 but OP has been my favorite.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OunknownO's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

comic about competition between Oda, Kubo and Kishimoto

Spoiler:  show

XD

11. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The huge difference between One Piece / Naruto and Bleach is that, in case of former, main characters actually had motivation and clear goal from beginning of the story. Luffy wanted to become a Pirate King. Naruto wanted to become a Hokage. Ichigo... he just kind of got swept up by Rukia, and he's really just going with the flow.

As story progresses, we can see main characters in OP and Naruto had character development beyond "super power ups" and move towards their respective goals, such as traveling to various islands or gaining respect and love of villagers.

In case of Bleach, Ichigo really hasn't developed much other than "hey, I can do super hollow bankai uberness". And we really don't see Ichigo having an active stance / goal in anything beyond "hey, I'm going to kill that guy because that guy attacked me".

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge fan of Hunter X Hunter, so I value little the drawings as long as the story is good. Plot wise, One Piece is superior to the other ones. Naruto is good because it has good balance between plot (Sometimes I wonder WTF Kishi smoked) and art and Bleach has better art than the rest.

So I pick One Piece. The characters, while not so much evolving or justified that evolution, are highly credible and emotional. They have reactions that you would expect to see. The twist are amazing as well, Oda knows how to surprise us.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for bleach coz i don`t read Naruto or One Piece:P
    Of course i like more other mangas:P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

one piece all the way, i started reasding one piece like 2 months ago and i have to say its the best manga out there, ive been following naruto and bleach for five years

bleach has gotten so boring kubo doesnt know what to do with bleach anymore i could tell just by looking at this arc, i mean we have seen countless times how ichigo,renji rukia, and many others have gotten wounded and were still able to fight now in this arc
    ikkaku hasnt appeared in 2 years after he got defeated what is he doing
    ukitake was taken out a year ago
    the captains got some wounds that i would say are not life threatning yet none of them can get back up and fight, come on we have seen byakuya kempachi ichigo fight after being severely wounded, but this captains have been layed out for way too long,also the vizards and the espada everyone thought they were going to be powerful and yet they got taken down easily

naruto it use to be my favorite use to love until it got to shippuden especially because of sasuke so here we have naruto desperetly looking for sasuke, we get to see him for a whole three months or more fighting kages, danzou,kakashi,bee, and what not, then sakura betrays the leaf ninja by making them fall asleep, when she is about to kill him she says that she cant kill him, how useless i swear that if sasuke survives i will believe that the naruto manga is a disgrase

one piece hands down is the best of the three it has a great plot that has kept me entertained while i been reading it, great characters,alot of plot twist, it also has emotional moments, it just keep getting better and better, we see the main character get stronger with time, not just randomly powering up like in bleach. we also see the characters get defeated and have to run for their lives, when did we see this in bleach or naruto, they always manage to defeat their oponent, if my memory serves right naruto hasnt lost a fight yet, and neither has ichigo.

so therefore one piece owns both bleach and naruto
    bleach has alot of bandwagonners, once a character is in the spotlight everybody likes him, and his fan point out fact that dont exist,but once the character is gone, no body stands up for the guy they just act like if they didnt like him, i will see what will happen to aizens fan in the future

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vetinari clone's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for me it has to be OP. Bleach and Naruto are ok, I enjoyed them, in fact it was Naruto that got me into manga in the first place (well technically it was Gara and originally I was interested in the anime but same thing in principle), but I fell in love with the characters in OP (accept for Ussop, I know most people like him but I can't stand the twerp) they're unique, hilarious, sympathetic, and fascinating. I have kind of always hated the character Naruto (and Sasuke and Sakura to, I liked Gara and the kyuubi and that's about it) but the story was fun and, well, I really really liked Gara and the kyuubi. Bleach was awesome in the beginning, but then Orihime (god I hate her so much, the pathetic weakling) started to play a bigger part and Ichigo turned all gloomy and boring and it started to drag on and.... So yeah I like OP

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well really dislike OP , esp the retarded Main, and the artwork is stupid,
    and i think oda only know how to make ppl laugh by making some one stupid, or sth that lame
    + the jokes are all lame

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    well really dislike OP , esp the retarded Main, and the artwork is stupid,
    and i think oda only know how to make ppl laugh by making some one stupid, or sth that lame
    + the jokes are all lame
    Nah, you just don't get it.

The only thing that's better in Naruto, than in One Piece, for me, is the detailed choreography in battles. Those movements, counters and blocks. Sometimes. Sadly, most of the fights in Naruto now, don't include much melee. It's just fireballs, lightnings, cutting wind, lakes, gravity etc.

Another problem I have with Naruto is that the main character progresses mostly in training arcs. Maybe the poor guy would like to fight, but the problem is, most of the bad guys get taken out by Sasuke. So he hardly has a chance to mature through real battle experience. Instead, he needs to go into a training arc or a time skip in which he trains.
    One Piece is not perfect, but I love seeing the retarded hero taking the stage most of the time. It would really suck if all we got to see in One Piece was Blackbeard fighting, for example.
    And yeah, he's not retarded, just carefree. Only someone who's been reading OP superficially can say that.

Oh, seeing how the jokes were mentioned, and since this is N/B/OP discussion, OP leads by far. Naruto has some humor, not much. Bleach, well, the humor kinda died somehow.(EDIT: Although I did laugh when Aizen pawned Hitsugaya, but I don't think it was meant to be funny...)

And yeah, despite my avatar, I think Bleach has turned into crap. It's like Kubo is just trying to finish it so he can do something else. It's like he's not into it. That slow and dragged plot, those oversized panels, those plotkais and those stupid annoying cliffhangers really kill it for me.

Been on a brake for more than a month now. Wasn't even hard.
    Last edited by Razh; April 09, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast