Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Intimidating Bankai/Resurrection?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Most Intimidating Bankai/Resurrection?

I know we have a favorite bankai thread though for this I'd like to focus solely on the intimidation factor, and have included resurrections as well. So which bankai and/or resurrection do you personally consider to be the most intimidating? Give some reasons if you can.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Intimidating Bankai/Resurrection?

Ressurections change the entire body of the Arrancar, whereas Bankais are usually just big weapons. Ressurection basically wins the intimidation factor there, so the two should basically be considered separately.

For Bankais, the least intimidating (and the one that appears most impotent) is Tensa Zangetsu. The way it's shown in the series, it seems barely comparable to most of the Captain class Shikais.

Most intimidating has to be Kokujou Tengen Myouou. It's a huge ass giant that crushed Poww like a freakin bug.

Most intimidating Ressurection has to be Ira, for the same reason.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

To me that would be Tousen: Suzumushi Tsuishiki: Enma Kōrogi.
    The bankai itself doesnt look scary however the effect of the bankai is the most fearsome ability to about anyone. Being used to feel, hear and see and then instantly it taken away is frightning.

The scariest Resurrección would be from Ulquiorra Cifer. His release is fearsome and beautiful at the same time.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MidnightAngel's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The scariest Resurrección would be Barragan's one, so damn cool but at the same time so strong.
    For the Bankai i would assume Kyorako's one, as from Ukitake's words :P, but untill now I'd say Soifon's Atomic Bomb.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys are you all forgetting Ichigonator?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^But we're still not sure whether that counts as Resurreccíon. It looked to me like Ichigo was simply taken over by his Hollow. However, I won't bother arguing whether it's intimidating or not.

I personally find Byakuya's Bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi to be pretty intimidating. You just know something bad's about to happen when there are rows and rows of swords circling around you. But as far as any zanpakutou goes, Ryuujin Jakka takes the crown: the sheer power it unleashes, even on shikai, is just sick.

As far as Resurreccíons go, I'd have to say either Ulquiorra's, Murcielago, or Arrogante, Barragan's. Ulquiorra's has something graceful yet deadly about it, whereas Barragan's is one of those that makes you want to pull an Omaeda and run. I always found Nnoitra's Santa Teresa to be pretty intimidating aswell.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Essence's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I say the most intimidating zankpakto is Aizen Kyoka Suigetsu, the power of its illusion is just sick. theres something about fighting against an opponent who control all five senses, you could be fighting and have no idea that you already caught in an illusion.

The most intimidating resurecion is Barragan's, it looks like the grim reaper, and also its power is just scary, with one touch he can rot things, turn it into nothing, just like death which i'm sure many of us are scared of.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As for resurreccions for I would go for ulquiorra's segunda etapa. The sheer amount and density of it's reiatsu seems to be great enough for it to not even be considered reiatsu. Not once has any other reiatsu been given such attributes.

I guess barragan would be right next considering he is basically a walking skeleton. Even though it is classic, it never fails to be scary.

As far as bankai go, I would go from komamura. The prospect of a heavily armored giant comparable in size to a skycraper stepping or cutting me is never good. Seriously, the thing is just a huge ass mass of power with an armor.

Ryujin jakka also seems to never fail to scare the crap out of someone. Even ukitake admits how fearsome it is.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/08/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

resureccion, it would definitely be barragan. He's incredibly deadly, and a walking skeleton, like kkck said, is always classic.

as for zanpakutous, I agree with ryuujin jaka. It's more intimidating than pretty much every single bankai we've seen. One bankai that I think is very underrated is soi fon's. Her bankai is pretty intimidating, in my opinion. I mean, come on. It's a giant bazooka. You're telling me you wouldn't be the least bit intimidated if you saw a humongous bazooka pointed right at your face?
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think Renji's bankai (hihiou zabimaru) looks pretty intimidating. Especially in the anime where you can hear the head of the serpent make noise when it first opens it's mouth.

http://img398.imageshack.us/i/hihouzambimaruyp0.jpg/
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; December 27, 2009 at 03:45 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,for the bankai's I would say Mayuri's /Tousen/Kommamura....for the yet to come.....Gin's and Unohana....well,after Ichigo defeats Aizen,they will turn to be the real villains...Unohana will use her power as new commander in chief,while Gin exiled in hell,will come back wth a huge army to conquer the world with her:-D ihih IHi HihIhI (wait a couple of arcs :-D)
    Gin:Mom can a kill them?
    Unohanaf course darlin,but before that u should make them suffer.....(EPIC!)

For the resurreciòn....definitely Charlotte CoolHorn!!!Even in my worst dream I would prefer to fight a Skeleton or some monster beast instead of "that" thing.....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^Forgot about that...

I would much rather get killed by Ulquiorra than witness Coolhorn's released form again...
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankai wise I would have to say Komamura's, only because we have yet to see the General's.

Ressurection wise is hands down Ulquiorra's segunda etapa, any one can wrap a drape around an anatomy skeleton and call it barragan.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Coolhorn's isn't intimidating, it's just plain gross to look at.

I have to agree that Ichigonator is bad ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQsy4uzuQrI

The only thing I'm disappointed with in that is Ichigonator's yell. I expected it to be much more deep and Hollow-like. Not the pansy little shreik they chose to use.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen's and Komamura's are both pretty damn scary. Having your senses destroyed? Damn. Stareing down a Giant hundreds of times your size? Damn.

Ress's? Barragan and Ulquiorra, obviously.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast