Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Movie 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Movie 4

Grimmjow wasn't announced as dead. And neither was Ulquiorra according to Kubo. Notice they are the only two that are featured as of now that are hollow. No mention of Starrk or Nnoitra and co. because the two; Grimm and Ulq. are the most popular and their existence isn't known. Makes sense to me. Not a DBZ rip off. It's a concept Kubo hinted at before. Why would it be a DBZ ripoff if he had the concept of hell before? It's like saying no one can go and use the 'hell' theme because it was in a DBZ movie.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mackazoid's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Bleach is a ripoff of DBZ. There's something called great minds think alike. Besides, Kubo himself has said that he doesn't read manga much at all.

http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/162385.html
    THE TRUE DESPAIRS. {ulquiorraXbyakuya}

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    well dbz has made so much things ppl are gonna have to copy some of it because dbz has everything in it so everymanga shounen has a similariy to dbz
    "ahem", Death-Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (will be missed) and Slam Dunk, just to name a few had no references or similarities to DBZ. don't make excuses for Kubo (Oda and Kishi) who was obviously influenced heavily off of DBZ. i like Bleach, but it wouldn't be what it is without DBZ.

but, the 4th movie sounds promising, and no real bullcrap story this time. i thought Hueco Mundo was "hell" in the Bleach world, but whatever you can sell to make sense works for me.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    "ahem", Death-Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (will be missed) and Slam Dunk, just to name a few had no references or similarities to DBZ. don't make excuses for Kubo (Oda and Kishi) who was obviously influenced heavily off of DBZ. i like Bleach, but it wouldn't be what it is without DBZ.

but, the 4th movie sounds promising, and no real bullcrap story this time. i thought Hueco Mundo was "hell" in the Bleach world, but whatever you can sell to make sense works for me.
    But Hyst-gundam went to the extreme calling it a DBZ ripoff, even when hell was an existing concept since the very start. It is like saying that every manga with hell in it is a DBZ ripoff, it just isn't fair, and DBZ was influential but linking other series and small details is just wrong, like if I said that DBZ ripped off hell from Dante Alighieri, becuase it is the same concept.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i wasent calling it a full rip off just it strange how the lastest arc is like the cell saga n now we have this...i rather kubo would have done hell himself in the manga then just a cash in movie. n no just because it hell i dont jump to saying dbz rip off ( i not a major fan off DBZ anyway) just pointing out how there a alot of stuff taken from it at the moment...and it more than strange that the 2 most popular epsada seems to be part of this n cell n frieza where popular at the time the DBZ film alot of strange coincidences really
    Last edited by Hystzen; July 12, 2010 at 07:10 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The name of the movie is officially Bleach: Jigoku-Hen and the anime will open with a trailer starting July 31.

Kubo is personally overseeing the production of the story and the configuration of hell as well as his characters....

It might not be canon,but seeing how many chapters will pass until december the trailer might show some good stuff that will be introduced in the manga very soon...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Overseeing the story? Wasn't that what was said last time? And the last movie was abysmal. I'm not holding my breath for this one, though the Hell bit does sound intriguing.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyst-gundam View Post
    this is true but bleach lately has been coping too much heck the past few chapters are a copy of the Cell games...
    Spoiler show
    ...now the movie seems to bring back villians from hell ...bit too much
    this is where i think your wrong it's been hinted that ichigo's hollow and zangetsu are two sides of the same coin of power since ichigo regained his powers.
    i hate internet lingo.

Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xerous View Post
    There wasn't a hell based movie in DBZ your thinking of that filler crap called GT and this is off topic anyway.
    there was... freeza/cell/freaking hitler was back on earth lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Grimmjow wasn't announced as dead. And neither was Ulquiorra according to Kubo. Notice they are the only two that are featured as of now that are hollow. No mention of Starrk or Nnoitra and co. because the two; Grimm and Ulq. are the most popular and their existence isn't known. Makes sense to me. Not a DBZ rip off. It's a concept Kubo hinted at before. Why would it be a DBZ ripoff if he had the concept of hell before? It's like saying no one can go and use the 'hell' theme because it was in a DBZ movie.
    Ulquiorra turned into dust. he's dead.

Grimmjow is definitely alive. a character that became that big wouldn't die off screen.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to admit, a movie about Hell and the possibility of bringing back Ichigo's former Arrancar rivals sounds much more interesting than "Ichigo and co. going to Soul Society and teaming up with Shinigami to defeat generic psychopath #4."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo and co? Since when?

Also Grimmjaw fine. Ulquiorra however had his character raped hard at his end and his fight was terrible. Let him stay dead. I shudder to think how he could be ruined further. Harribel or Starrk are far higher up in the need to be brought back category than he'd ever be, and at least their deaths can be more arguable.

Though at least this movie sounds like it has more than one or two villains, which was a problem in the last two. >>

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is this a DBZ ripoff? All you know is that it is in hell and Grimm and Ulqui are in it that hardly means anything. The movies are not canon so for all you know this could take place between the Arrancar arc and the Hueco Mundo arc. Even if it doesn't take place then Ulquiorra wasn't sent to hell or we would've seen the gates after he was killed and Grimmjow was still alive the last time we saw him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ichigo and co wasnt ichigo going R2 in this movie and has to be stop brought back by hes friends so id ont think there gonna be any ichigo and co against hell its probably ichigo and hell against SS.co

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman View Post
    there was... freeza/cell/freaking hitler was back on earth lol.
    Goodwins law stikes again. The hell bit was a concept in bleach before it went down hill at the start. being in hell does not make it a DBZ rip off if it the case wouldnt dbz be a rip off of greek myths.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast