Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Omoide Emanon by KAJIO Shinji and TSURUTA Kenji

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Omoide Emanon by KAJIO Shinji and TSURUTA Kenji

Omoide Emanon (Memories of Emanon)
    Written By: KAJIO Shinji
    Art By: TSURUTA Kenji
    Genre: Drama, Psychological
    Serialized In: Comic Ryu
    Scanlated By: Kotonoha

Based on the award-winning novel by Shinji Kajio, Memories of Emanon tells the story of a mysterious girl who holds a 3-billion-year old memory, dating back to the moment life first appeared on Earth.

A must read, don't get spoiled by the comments below. The entire story is less than 200p. Read it and comment!!
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Omoide Emanon by KAJIO Shinji and TSURUTA Kenji

Thanks, Kaiten, for recommending this beautiful, yet bittersweet story. I loved it! I'd highly recommend this to anyone as well (and it would make quite a good featured series for next month, I think ).

As I'm quite a nostalgic person, this manga really resonated with me. And the short length (only 1 volume) works perfect with the theme of the story. No matter how short an experience is, the impact can be large and the remaining memories are what is most important. Or, at least that's some of what I got out of it. I think it can be interpreted in different ways, especially the end. Very thought-provoking. I will certainly have to reread this one.

I should also mention the art, which is gorgeous. Some of the double-page spreads are just amazing!

Overall, a must-read for sure. ^^

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like you, I thought the brevity reinforced the themes of memory and loss. The narrator only spent one night with Emanon yet the memories lingered his entire life. The story only lasted 150 pages but it will stay with me for a very long time. I want more, just like he wanted to see her again.

I liked that the daughter, the new Emanon could see the beauty in her memories. While she was troubled on the boat ride, burdened by the weight of time, the younger one could see the bittersweet joy in the moment that can last forever, even as the narrator (was his name ever given, I might have missed it) was hoping that moment could come back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...I've been reading Wandering Emanon '67...there's no thread for it and I don't feel like making one, so I will just talk about it here.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added May 07, 2012 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was April 30, 2012 at 02:33 AM ----------

Just read the last two chapters of Wandering Emanon '67:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by MattC302; April 30, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

New Reply