Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: Fan League Character Discussion Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fan League Character Discussion Thread

A bit better? But he was already decent and now with that formation thingy and his ability to copy specials he'll kick butt ._.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't feel like he's much stronger than he "should be" if at all? The only change I can imagine right now is limiting the Specials he can copy to Lv 3 and below or Lv 2 and below or something, which might not be a bad idea.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a limit would work. I remember, when we were drafting (before Sai picked him and remarked the rule that made him not that useful), that my original plan was making him double team everyone with Tohno, which would had been pretty broken lol.

One last thing, is it possible to give Ban anything? I know there's nothing special in him in the manga but the character looks a bit ugly this way... I dunno, something like Tank: whenever he gets hurt, somehow, he wins the point (jk ).

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    One last thing, is it possible to give Ban anything? I know there's nothing special in him in the manga but the character looks a bit ugly this way... I dunno, something like Tank: whenever he gets hurt, somehow, he wins the point (jk ).
    Yes, it is. I believe his fanbook profile actually mentions an Explosion shot technique or something along those lines in the comments, so he'll get that and maybe a feat. I'm hoping that I can give something other than Synchro to Washio and Suzuki as well (the Mutsus will get a twins feat if nothing else).

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

That wonders me. Do Akiba profile suggest anything about his tech? As is he look weaker than Court 3. And we knows there are court 1 and court 2 people after that even. Or was it the result of U-17 training vs playing for the country?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    That wonders me. Do Akiba profile suggest anything about his tech? As is he look weaker than Court 3. And we knows there are court 1 and court 2 people after that even. Or was it the result of U-17 training vs playing for the country?
    Akiba's profile describes him as a strong server and smasher with good reach due to his long arms. You could argue that since being a big server is a great advantage, he's above the 2nd stringers even though his stats are weaker, however I personally believe that 3rd court and above have surpassed him though.

---------- Post added August 15, 2014 at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was August 08, 2014 at 08:20 AM ----------

So since we were discussing KOs and KO moves on the previous page, I tried to rework them a bit. One way to make them harder to pull off is to increase everyone's HP a bit by making it [Power + Stamina] instead of just [Power]. Furthermore I'm also planning to add fixed damage values to the respective specials, however a "problem" I encountered here is that most of the KO moves really should kill most people in one shot assuming they connect. If anyone wants to take a shot at fixed damage values, here are the relevant stats:

Spoiler show

Here's what I'm currently thinking:

Spoiler show

So yeah, if anyone wants to give it a shot, feel free to.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    One way to make them harder to pull off is to increase everyone's HP a bit by making it [Power + Stamina] instead of just [Power]. Furthermore I'm also planning to add fixed damage values to the respective specials, however a "problem" I encountered here is that most of the KO moves really should kill most people in one shot assuming they connect.
    Sounds nice to me. How is it a problem tho? Like, if Fuji eats a Hadou, I would expect him not to stand up, lol.

Do you plan on changing Date? He seemed REALLY hard to use in the last game, and with a not really big reward.

Also, I have a silly request: I was just re-reading NPoT, and I saw how Sakata made Krauser trip. We know he already tried to do this to Tezuka, but failed. Could this be turned into a feat that lowers mental before the match starts or something? No one is gonna pick him anyway, but I thought it would be a funny ability.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds nice to me. How is it a problem tho? Like, if Fuji eats a Hadou, I would expect him not to stand up, lol.
    Well, it's not a problem for me, personally. I mostly mean it won't be much different from last season where we had lots of KOs. It'll still be a good strategy.

Do you plan on changing Date? He seemed REALLY hard to use in the last game, and with a not really big reward.
    He'll KO easier now I think. That aside, due to the way the point system will be changed (3 games for 3 sets -> 7 points), it'll be much easier to chain his moves together in the proper order. The power boost he will receive will also go up a little. Otherwise, I'll probably only change something if Sai translates his profile and there's anything interesting in there, but at the moment I don't see that happening.

Also, I have a silly request: I was just re-reading NPoT, and I saw how Sakata made Krauser trip. We know he already tried to do this to Tezuka, but failed. Could this be turned into a feat that lowers mental before the match starts or something? No one is gonna pick him anyway, but I thought it would be a funny ability.
    That's probably doable.

Also, since it's been a while since I last posted an ability, here is Sanada's new feat:

Quote Quote:
    -Slap me! [Counter Feat]:
    Triggers in Doubles when Mental is 0 for the first time. Mental permanently increases by partner's Mental and cannot decrease until the end of the match.
    ---------- Post added September 11, 2014 at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was August 26, 2014 at 08:11 AM ----------

Alright, so, about the ? stat boosts - I feel like I could probably assign values to them at this point, but the question is whether I should or not. Any opinions on this?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's not a problem for me, personally. I mostly mean it won't be much different from last season where we had lots of KOs. It'll still be a good strategy.
    Well, it is what it is then I guess, this is how SPoT works lol.

Alright, so, about the ? stat boosts - I feel like I could probably assign values to them at this point, but the question is whether I should or not. Any opinions on this?
    I'm not a huge fan of them tbh, Tezuka was Jesus in the last game lol. I really don't know, if we knew more about TnK it would be way easier.

But, in any case, how big was the number you were thinking of for ¨?¨ ?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But, in any case, how big was the number you were thinking of for ¨?¨ ?
    Depends on the exact ability, but uh... less than 10 total?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Duke's Homerun total bigger than that?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Also, if Mu has no cost now, shouldn't it be a counter-feat or something like that? Or I'm missing some abilities that could take benefit from it?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

DH was +9; might either stay this way or go down to +8.

Can you rephrase your other question, please? I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking in the second part.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

DH was +9; might either stay this way or go down to +8.

Can you rephrase your other question, please? I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking in the second part.
    So Duke can actually damage TnK Tezuka.

Uhm... sure. You told me that Tanegashima's Mu won't cost stamina now, so I thought there's really no reason why anyone would not to use it in every single point... so it might as well be a counter-feat instead of a special move, right?

Do I need to rephrase it again? ._.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. Theoretically yes, practically it's listed as a special, so I'm generally inclined to leave it as such. This way it'll trigger stuff that activates when the opponent uses a Special.

---------- Post added September 16, 2014 at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2014 at 04:31 PM ----------

Testing a new format.

-Wonder Castle [Special - Lv 4]

Hover with your mouse over the ability to see the description. This should make things easier on the eyes. I'll also provide a pdf with all abilities in the normal format though for those who preferred that.

---------- Post added September 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was September 16, 2014 at 08:17 AM ----------

While I'm at posting new formats, I'm considering this one as well:

Byoudouin Houou [29, SB: 3, HP: 13, AR, R]
    (SPE: 2, POW: 6, STA: 7, MEN: 7, TEC: 7)

Any opinions on which one's better, this one or the one from last season?

---------- Post added October 04, 2014 at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was September 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM ----------

So I'm entertaining the possibility of a season 2.5 kinda thing once I'm done with the relevant characters. We would use the new rules and updated characters obviously, but only take 4 characters per team (so two Singles and one Doubles). With 32 characters the maximum number of players would be 8. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm entertaining the possibility of a season 2.5 kinda thing once I'm done with the relevant characters. We would use the new rules and updated characters obviously, but only take 4 characters per team (so two Singles and one Doubles). With 32 characters the maximum number of players would be 8. Thoughts?
    You mean maximum no. of teams would be 8 i guess?
    Whatever you're thinking just go ahead with it.

New Reply
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast