Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: who is the main character in Naruto+is it a retconned series or not

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner absolutcero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: who is the main character in Naruto+is it a retconned series or not

Being the main character in a story doesn't mean you necessarily propagate the plot line. It is still a very naruto-centric manga because everything directly affects him but isn't necessarily because of his doing. It's the same with all stories.

Sasuke is still a supporting character, but definitely one that's helping drive the story. The overall theme of fate and destiny gives him the agency to help drive the story leaving the main character to deal with it in his way.

As for retcon, I don't really know. That can be argued a few ways. I personally say no but only because I can't think of one major plot change that actually meant anything.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kthy0056's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for reviving this thread, but after the last chapters, I see even more clear that Naruto is the MAIN character.

How did Sasuke got his latest uber power (EMS)? We have no idea, it didn't involve any training, it was basically a free gift.
    How is Naruto going to get his latest uber power (Kyuubi control)? We have the idea, because it was shown and it WILL be shown for a few chapters. Not only he receives a power that he trains for, but he also has a new friend in the other alive Jinchuuriki.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree.
    Like I said, we had some focus on Sasuke because he's the GOAL of the Hero.

We need to see his Nemesis/Best Friend get stronger and get deeper and deeper in the darkness, so that his goal of "saving" him, seem unachievable.

I always use that as an example, but Berserk is the perfect example of this.
    We just got back to see what Guts was doing, but we have a very very long arc on Griffin.
    This is just to show how much Griffin is strong (God-like), so that we can all wonder and ask "How the fuck will Guts manage to win against him?!?"

It's the same for Naruto.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

There's not such things as main characters, we already explained it way back from the literature standpoint. Back then I explained why Sakura or Kakashi weren't main characters and also explained why she wasn't the lead female character of the story, but someone else explained it way better than me, to the point that any controversy made by the point I expressed, where clarified with facts of universal literature.

This manga is multi centric, this means while there's clearly a main character, the rest of the supporting character have their own story revealed as part of the whole story and is connected sometimes indirectly or directly with the Main Character of the story, in this case "Naruto".

Take "Lost" as example, Jack is the main character but characters like Hugo, Kate, Sayid, Locke, Desmond, etc... is revealed in flashback or followed in real time.
    Last edited by Alterno; May 29, 2010 at 01:55 PM.

New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14