Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What if an Uchiha had a child with someone from the Hyuuga Clan?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

What if an Uchiha had a child with someone from the Hyuuga Clan?

What if someone from the Uchiha Clan had a child with someone from the Hyuuga Clan...OMG wouldnt he have the Byakugan than later on awaken the Sharingan? imagine how powerful he/she would become.Is it even possible for him/her to have both? That would be crazy thoughts anyone?

Title edited for clarity - K

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What If An Uchiha..

they said the sharingan evolved out of the byakugan, but the effect of both... i feel like it'll either be some new (relatively worthless?) blend of both, but weaker, or maybe the white eyes for normal, and switch over to sharingan if you 'call' it... freaky...

Meijin no Kori

In that case, I'd that the person would either have a Byakugan or the Sharingan, not both.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meijin no Kori
    In that case, I'd that the person would either have a Byakugan or the Sharingan, not both.
    If so, i'd say Shanringan > Byakugan, as they say it''s evolved from it, and therefor has replaced it at some earlier stadium.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangekyou Byakugan - Kakashi Style

Make vortex's everywhere.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner de_hydrates's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

wahahaha...
    mangekyou byakugan.. awesome!!~ 

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

therefor theyd have an amazing amount of chakra when their older o___O especially if sharingan was on all the time then the byakugan o__O

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

it should be sweet if this new form of Byakugan/sharingan can actually copy Bloodline limits...

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If sharingan comes from Byakugan, then it means that shringan is the resesive factor here compare to byakugan. So when a hyuuga marries an uchiha, most likely the dominant genes (byakugan) will be the one determing the child's eye. So he will still have byakugan. Unless, the byakugan is a heterozygote, then there will be a 25% of the child inheriting the sharingan. Either way, I dont think that there will be byaringan or shakugan unless you change the composition of the DNA.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

ehmz, am i faulty remembering biology class or did you mix things up Eileen? byakugan is the recesive (sp?) factor to sharingan, as in, sharingan PWNS byakugan genewise

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tanuki-dono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the real question is...which one is the dominant gene?  Given that Sharingan arose from Byakugan, would that not make it the more dominant gene by default?  After all, the fact that it arose, biologically, makes it a sort of adaption.  A survival adaption.  Hence, Sharingan would most likely be a dominant allele and Byakugan the recessive.  Bloodline traits may not be as clear-cut as normal ones, however.  However, following regular basic biology rules... if you crossed someone with the abilities, say Sasuke and Hinata for instance, who are more than likely heterzygous in their gene combination, it is biologically possible for the child to have Sharingan, Byakugan, or normal eyesight. 

We know Uchiha Sasuke has inherited the Sharingan.  Therefore, he has at least one dominant gene for it.  His combination could be SS or Ss.

SS = Two dominant genes, or homozygous dominant
    Ss = 1 dominant gene and 1 recessive gene, or heterozygous

Let's say that his father carried the Sharingan gene (S) and his mother had normal eyesight (s). [If his mother was also a carrier, we might have a little inbreeding going on...] Therefore, Sasuke's combination is most likely Ss, meaning that he carries both the trait for the dominant Sharingan (S) and the trait for normal eyesight (s).

Now we'll take Hyuuga Hinata and the combination of inherited Byakugan. We know she inherited the trait through her father. She, like Sasuke, would either be homozygous dominant for Byakugan (BB) or heterzygous (Bb).  Unless her mother was also a Hyuuga and a carrier, she is most likely heterzygous as well, or Bb, a carrier of both the dominant Byakugan (B) and normal eyesight (b).

NOW.  If you cross Sasuke (Ss) and Hinata (Bb), assuming that that are indeed heterozygous in their gene combination, you have the capability for a couple of combinations.
    Assuming that Sharingan is dominant, you would have the following:

50% chance for the child to inherit Sharingan.
    25% chance for the child to inherit Byakugan.
    25% chance for the child to have normal eyesight with neither ability.

Why?  When drafting a Punnett Square, you get the following combinations:

SB (Traits for Sharingan AND Byakugan both inherited by child. Most likely that Sharingan will dominate.  But it is possible for the two traits to fight for dominance and get a mix. This depends on the crossing over effect during the second cycle of meiosis.)
    Bs (Only Byakugan was inherited, which dominates s, the gene for normal eyesight)
    Sb (Only Sharingan inherited alongside b, another gene for normal eyesight)
    sb (Neither ability inherited. Both s and b denote normal eyesight)

I do hope that this is correct.  To my knowledge, if the Naruto-world followed our rules, then this would most likely be the case when crossing 2 heterozygous people.  (The results would be different if one of them were homozygous dominat/recessive in a trait.)  I do hope that all made sense. It was off the top of my head from Bio 103 last semester, so  there is a chance I could have something incorrect.

Comic or Manga I'm Reading at the Moment = Vampire Fetish

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, let's all send emails to kishimoto asking which one is the dominant gene and he will probably go kill himself - - just to say, this kind of breeding project will never be tested, unless the kishi finally surenders to the SasXHina Fangirls ( which there aren't that many of ), and most people 'mated' within their own clan, seeing as how hinata/sasuke/neji's parents were all BOTH carriers of the bloodline limit

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please tell me where in the manga it says the Sharingan evolved/came from the Byakugan. I don't remember it ever saying that. If you can't remember the exact chapter you could just tell me what part of the series. Like was it during the Land of waves chapters or the chuunin exam (but if it was during the chunin exam please tell me which part as it lasted, like, 10 volumes. Thanks.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

as far as i know, it must 'a been during the chunin exams, when naruto learned about the byakugan. kakashi or lee or so told him what it was and said the sharingan found it's origin in the byakugan, well, guess i'm gonna look for it too then... probably just befor the hinata vs neji fight...

FOUND IT!! Chapter 078, page 13, kakashi says this: "They say the Uchiha Clan's origins lie with the Hyuuga Clan" etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Khaludh, I'll start checking right now

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast