Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Do you think that M.G.'s past might be something like this?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 3.57%
  • No

23 82.14%
  • Maybe

4 14.29%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gerard/Mistgun

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gerard/Mistgun

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    About the part from Zatono where he said that the tattoo from Mistgun is not matching the tattoo seen on the boy in Wendy's flashback, it seems to me that this was simply an unintentional error made by the writer, because later on, Erza is seen thinking of Mistgun's revealed face:

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/129/07/

In this flashback, the tattoo does seem to be the exact same one we have seen so far on all Gerard versions, including the one seen in Wendy's flashback, (the one with the staff ).
    In light of this evidence, I guess we can conclude that it was Mistgun's tattoo that was messed up originally. But it's weird that the writer would make it look very different then change it back like that. Maybe it was an idea that they decided to dump.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Why would Mistgun care so much about hiding his identity from Erza, or everything that has to do with Anima itself? He could probably use magic to hide change his face if he really wanted to, like how Mirajane can.

He could easily tell Erza everything she wants to know about Gerard since they have some sort of connection, and who knows what else he can do with all the information in his head.
    That's a good point and a mistake by me

The thing about his shyness is easy and I think I said it before it's all because of Gérard being evil and that he could not show his since it could endanger the guild. Who knows perhaps even makarov would dispel him for being gérard etc...
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Solfy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is why I like the splitting theory the most. Mistgun is guilty. He was still whole with Gerard when the latter attacked Erza and made her leave ToP. Mistgun did that things as well.

That'd explain both the shyness and his particular uneasiness towards Erza.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Urtear's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the tattoos ARE different, maybe the author messed up the second time and forgot to make them different? and sometimes cleaners have to erase some of the picture and redraw it, so that is also a factor?

mystogan:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/120/16/

Gerard:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/162/19/

Mystogan's tattoo reaches down past his mouth and the cross shaped part on the sides is curled, also the parts directly below his eye are pointy

Gerard's tattoo stops a little bit before his mouth. the cross shaped part on the sides isn't curled, and there's a ball like pattern directly below his eye
    Last edited by Urtear; January 03, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Urtear - Take a look at Mistgun here. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/129/07/

He now has a tattoo that resembles Gerard's exactly. My guess is that in chapter 120, it was either artist error, or an idea that they dropped 9 chapters later.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Solfy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/163/14/

The tattoo size seems to vary on Gerard. If it's so much variable, it must be because it's not really a key factor between Gerard and Mistgun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    And now let's look at Mistgun.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/120/16/
    The part of it above the eyebrow is different, and the hook on the cheek is a different shape from when it was when Wendy was rescued.
    Withing the next couple of pages it looks more like the one on Gerard:

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/120/17/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/120/18/

So I'd image the tattoo is supposed to be identical and what you're seeing is just minor variations in drawing it from panel to panel.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I created an account just to say this:
    THAT TATTOO HAS NEVER BEEN DRAWN CONSISTENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since Sieg Hart that fricken tattoo has been changing. You know why you never get to see the full top half of it? It's cuzz Hiro Mashima never settled on a top half he liked! That tattoo has been stretching and shrinking on Gerard/Siegrain's face since the first chapter.

Some other people posted something similar, but I really felt the need to say that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Unlucky Boy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Theories aside... Mistgun was terrified when he saw Wendy in FT. He must be afraid that she would uncover his true identity. He said before that he isnt Gerard but we can already say for sure that he was the Gerard who traveled with Wendy 7 years ago so that's not completely true. He must have a good reason hiding his real identity.

And on another note, it doesnt seem to me he joined FT to watch Erza. He only got into action when the guild itself was threatened, first by Phantom Lord and then by Luxus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky Boy View Post
    He must have a good reason hiding his real identity.

And on another note, it doesnt seem to me he joined FT to watch Erza. He only got into action when the guild itself was threatened, first by Phantom Lord and then by Luxus.
    Agreed. Assuming for a moment that Mistgun is the person that helped Wendy, he's hiding from someone that isn't Erza. As he got to know Wendy he found out something about her that made him think that she would be in danger if she stayed near him. He then proceeded to stash her away at the first out of the way safe place he could find, in enough of a rush that he seems to have asked the ghost to take care of her the moment he walked in the ghost's door.

This brings a couple possibilities to mind. First that Mistgun is running/hiding from someone that would have an unpleasant interest in Dragon Slayers. Second, they're after him because he knows too much. Third the reason he joined Fairy Tail might have been to keep an eye on Natsu while he was younger.

As for why he hides his face instead of disguising himself with magic I can think of a couple possibilities. Maintaining a transformed face takes energy for one. It's also apparently not that difficult to break judging by Makarov and what's his name. Wrappings hiding his face are simpler, and just as effective.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of things, why is everyone going on about a tattoo that changes constantly yet looks too similar to matter in the end?

And also, who said Mistgun is new to the guild?
    For all we know he's been in the guild since they were all kids, he seems like he's been there for a long time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Tattoo is some sort of magical seal, that changes its appearance based on the acts of its master?

Mystguns looks sorta like moon and its "calm" whilst Gerards on the other hand looks more like hook-needle that will stab you or deceive (like gerard did to council)

I'd say they are more like a twin brothers, both given a tattoo "seal". Think of it. Gerard is kidnapped by evil dudes, Mystgun charges to save his brother, finds Weendy on his way. But suddenly something goes wrong and he is forced to leave Weendy at "Cats Shelter".

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    Maybe Tattoo is some sort of magical seal, that changes its appearance based on the acts of its master?
    It doesn't change appearance, it's always the same. I should think that Mashima has better things to do than watch that Gerard's/Mistgun's tattoo always has the same proportions.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Igniel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    I think it's just the after effect of having lacrima placed into your body forcefully. (i.e. Gerard, Luxus, & possibly Mistgun so far - just a theory based on their tattoo similarity style-wise). You could throw in Cobra as well (since he was another "false" dragon slayer ala Luxus but there was no sign of a tattoo on him. However, that can be questioned because only his hands & face/neck were exposed).
    Last edited by Igniel; January 15, 2010 at 01:35 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

wendy saved by mist gun. why?
    seven years ago, gerard had already been on devil mode...
    and he was not traveling, but continue to build the tower of paradise..
    and besides, he was not alone at that point....

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast