Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Strongest Hokage?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju Hashirama (Shodaime)

106 37.99%
  • Senju Tobirama (Nidaime)

6 2.15%
  • Sarutobi Hiruzen (Sandaime)

50 17.92%
  • Namikaze Minato (Yondaime)

112 40.14%
  • Tsunade (Godaime)

5 1.79%
New Reply
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the strongest hokage in the history of Konoha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

With these latest chapters im begining to think that the authors making a u-turn on the strength of the hokages pre time jump the 4th was surposedly the best. Now the 1st is meant to be stronger than all and the 4th died in a natural disaster rather than previous beating tobi and the 9 tails

are we now meant to think that the 4th isn't as strong as we all thought this just doesn't seem right. If this was the case then how come the 3rd was far more afriad of the 4th hokage than the 1st.

Even during naruto's training arc with hidan and co theres glorifacation of the 4th

so whos really stronger the 1st or the 4th Hokage and is this current flashback U turn by the author's change of heart and having no other way to change the mistakes he has make. EG making Itachi seem far stronger than he really was. And he seemly forgets about Sasukes team mates fights i don't see how he can go back to it after so much time has past

This thread is about the strength of all the Hokage, not just the 1st and 4th. ~ Tsukisama
    Last edited by Tsukisama; October 25, 2008 at 11:38 PM.

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

To tell you the truth they, both fought the Kyuubi and I suspect that they both fought Madara, and they both found their own way to dispose of the threat, I personaly think Minato is stronger just because he is Naruto's father and Naruto is the main character.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 4th.
    At the end of the day the 1st was able to control the kyubi which the 4th is not able to do and for some reason I think that the 1st had a lot better control other the kyubi than madara did

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Sandaime crapped his pants at the idea of fighting the Fourth. (although it could be interpreted as the 1st and the 2nd were the max he could handle and the Fourth who was the last to be summoned would just make the whole thing overkill independently of his relative strength compared to the others 2)

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
    Well, Sandaime crapped his pants at the idea of fighting the Fourth. (although it could be interpreted as the 1st and the 2nd were the max he could handle and the Fourth who was the last to be summoned would just make the whole thing overkill independently of his relative strength compared to the others 2)
    thats what i thought but then look how the 3rd dealt with the 1st n second hokages together yet tobi couldn't beat the 1st hokage and tobi is stronger than the 3rd and oro

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neomaster121 View Post
    thats what i thought but then look how the 3rd dealt with the 1st n second hokages together yet tobi couldn't beat the 1st hokage and tobi is stronger than the 3rd and oro
    Yeah but we dont know if the first and second were at full power during that fight, and we also dont know if Madara is stronger than the third.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The kyuubi has no real significance in the Madara vs Shodaime fight. Why? Shodaime was able to control and/or surpress a Bijuu's power therefore making the Kyuubi void and useless to Madara. So Shodaime fought Madara who is a human and even if his chakra pool is amazingly huge, still has its limits.
    Yondaime on the other hand, fought a beast that has infinite chakra and never tires.
    Besides, as you pointed out, the entire manga has pointed that Minato is the hokage to be better then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alpvonkri's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

Not much information is available to make a 100% true decision, but going by the interpretations given by the anime and manga, they always say that the fourth is the greatest hokage.

First fans may say the first and fourth fans may say the fourth, it's interpretation an affinity, also as I said the comments during the series states that the fourth is the greatest Hokage, so until now there are more evidence supporting the fourth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkManSharingan32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...
    If you guys look at it:

Shodaime beat back Madara and Kyuubi on more than on occasion...
    And did it without "losing his life".

With that as a measuring stick I think it's pretty easy to assume that Shodaime is the stronger ninja...

But it is hard to say since we have very little information on Yondaime.
    ---
    Last edited by DarkManSharingan32; May 11, 2008 at 01:36 PM.
    ~Elemental Manipulation at its Best~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have to pick the 4th. because think about it he was able to deal with the kyuubi(and maybe madara) without having any kekkai genkai that control the kyuubi. Also he wasn't even at his peak yet.
    Last edited by benelori; September 13, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member alias85's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it comes down to styles making fights. The 3rd was an old man, thus I'm sure his speed decreased. The 4th fights with high speed attacks, making it a very bad match up for the 3rd. Also the 3rd was the 1st and 2nd pupil so he probably knows their jutsu's and counters to them better than the 4th which is why he rather fight them than the 4th. So that incident isn't a concrete support for the 4th being stronger than the 1st because there were many factors involved.

This is kind of off topic, but wasn't the 3rd ("The Professor") considered the strongest Hokage in Konoha history? I'm pretty sure in his prime he was. He was taught by the 1st AND 2nd Hokage, (I think he was their only pupil too) and he was the sensei of the Legendary Sannin AND he fought Oro, !st, and 2nd in one battle as an old man.

I think the order goes like:
    3rd > 1st > 4th > 2nd > 5th

BUT THEN this contradicts the enveloping theme of Naruto being the new generation will always surpass the previous.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alias85 View Post

BUT THEN this contradicts the enveloping theme of Naruto being the new generation will always surpass the previous.
    Not nesesarily, the next generation surpasing the last doesnt nesesarily mean that the strongest ninja of the latest generation has to be stronger than the strongest one of the last. When the caracters say this, they speak about the ninjas of a generation in general.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alias85 View Post

you actually believe that crap? tell me how many new generation have will seen surpass the older generation? few, way too few if you ask me. How many new generation will surpass the older generation? probably just naruto, sasuke, and sakura. i hate whenever kishi begin that up.
    Last edited by benelori; September 13, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

wasnt there an interview from kishi sayin the 4th was the strongest amoung the dead? but i still reckon the 4th is the strongest becoz the first maybe able to suppress the kyuubi but wasnt able to seal it, so in terms of natural talent the 4th wins

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah and that what bugs me about the current goings on its just seems to be making the power of the 1st seem far greater than anyones. Tobi "the only man i respected was the first" if hes been around for as long as he is meant to be then hes saying also that he doesn't respect the 4th so hes techniquelly saying the 1st the strongest which i believe is the authour rewriting the myth of the 4th being the strongest

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

New Reply
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast