Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you feel that Masashi Kishimoto is sexist?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

192 43.94%
  • No

245 56.06%
New Reply
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Kabuto is a Med-Nin... and according to Tsunade during part 1, his skills already surpassed her own during her prime... so its not like Kishi could let the females outshine the males in even a single discipline
    again... seems you don't read the manga so i'll put that in spoiler

Spoiler show
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^What does this have to do with anything?

Someone asked why there are no male Med-Nins and I replied that Kabuto is a Med-Nin.

The statement about Kabuto surpassing her own Med-Nin skills during her prime came from Tsunade herself... and on top of that Kabuto is also a Master Spy and Genetic-Engineer... so there's absolutely no doubt he's superior compared to her.

Quote Quote:
    beside having a regeneration teq. that even oro who is a genius couldn't think of
    yeah... once I see her getting ripped in half around her waist and reattaching herself we can talk about that -.-

Don't get me wrong, I like Tsunade, she's actually one of my favorite characters, but besides her strength she hasn't much else going for her, and that strength isn't making her a better Med-Nin or an overall better fighter then Raikage, since that dude is still strong enough while being like 100 times faster then her.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

it has a lot to do with your reply and the one that follows. if kishi didn't want her to be better in any aspect he wouldn't mention all of that.

regeneration to a point where even if she is stabbed in the chest she won't die isn't a small thing. tell me where did A's speed get him in this fight ?! we again reach the same point as before . tsunade isn't a pushover and she is stronger than many characters - some of them are men - in many aspects. you people just want every single woman to be strong . and some of them to be stronger than every single man

not a single person can prove that there are no strong women in naruto which makes the whole thing about kishi being a sexist INVALID . yet they keep arguing with things off topic like " why are some of the women so weak ?" or " why isn't the strongest character a woman ?" or " why did ino cry ?"
    Last edited by meeedoooz; April 10, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meeedoooz View Post
    it has a lot to do with your reply and the one that follows. if kishi didn't want her to be better in any aspect he wouldn't mention all of that.

regeneration to a point where even if she is stabbed in the chest she won't die isn't a small thing. tell me where did A's speed get him in this fight ?! we again reach the same point as before . tsunade isn't a pushover and she is stronger than many characters - some of them are men - in many aspects. you people just want every single woman to be strong . and some of them to be stronger than every single man

not a single person can prove that there are no strong women in naruto which makes the whole thing about kishi being a sexist INVALID . yet they keep arguing with things off topic like " why are some of the women so weak ?" or " why isn't the strongest character a woman ?" or " why did ino cry ?"
    LOL. Ei is a lot younger than her though...
    In Tsunade's age bracket, she sucks. Compare her to Orochimaru and Jiraiya who are in her team. Despite her having the Senju AND Uzumaki blood in her, she cant touch them. And please think before you type if your gonna say Tsunade is at Jiraiya and Orochimaru's level.

A in a 1-on-1 against Tsunade. Your gonna tell me Tsunade wins?

Its not just about Tsunade bro.
    Overall, when we think of the powerful Kage level, we think Naruto, Sasuke, Hashirama, Madara, Tobirama, Hiruzen, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Nagato, Itachi, A, Onoki and some say tsunade. Now when you compare Tsunade to all the names I mentioned, are you gonna say she can defeat any of them?

So its a fair statement to say that he's kinda sexist. Im not saying he is but the argument is there. All Kage level yet the female one sucks compared to the rest.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

my god. alright let's take this slow. you are arguing that she isn't the strongest character which has nothing to do with the point. there are a lot of stronger characters than tsunade . but that doesn't mean she is weak . she isn't the strongest character ever SO WHAT ?! does kishi have to make a woman the strongest character ever to not be called a sexist ?!!

she and the mizukage are strong and NO ONE can deny that. it's not like one piece and bleach where every woman has to be saved from the enemy ( nami, robin, rokia and inoe ). if we are going to call him a sexist even though there is a lot of strong women who two of them are kages for god's sake and lead entire villages then we might as well call him racist cause the main character who is the strongest ever is a blond with blue eyes !!!

the only way kishi can be called sexist is if there were no strong women at all. the presence of a woman who can save an entire village from getting wiped out by pain, revived Naruto, can't get killed with a stronger punch than an Alpha male . and a mizukage with two bloodline limits makes the whole argument invalid.

sure there are stronger males but who cares ?!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not about that she isn't the strongest character ever, its about that once again the females are the weakest in their league.

Compared to the other Kage level Shinobi, Tsunade is weak... just like Kurenai is weak compared to other Jounin... and Sakura, Hinata, Ino and Tenten are weak compared to their male class-mates.

Basically it looks like "a woman can train to become strong and reach certain rank, but she will pale in comparison to the males who also managed to achieve that same rank".

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

my god. alright let's take this slow. you are arguing that she isn't the strongest character which has nothing to do with the point. there are a lot of stronger characters than tsunade . but that doesn't mean she is weak . she isn't the strongest character ever SO WHAT ?! does kishi have to make a woman the strongest character ever to not be called a sexist ?!!
    Not what I was arguing. Other male character who are meant to be in her rank are all way above her.
    Re-read my post bro.
    No shit she wont be the strongest character as its called NARUTO.

she and the mizukage are strong and NO ONE can deny that. it's not like one piece and bleach where every woman has to be saved from the enemy ( nami, robin, rokia and inoe ). if we are going to call him a sexist even though there is a lot of strong women who two of them are kages for god's sake and lead entire villages then we might as well call him racist cause the main character who is the strongest ever is a blond with blue eyes !!!
    There are not a lot of strong women. When you think of strong Kage's if Mei Terumi and Tsunade enter your mind your are indeed a... buffoon/clown/fool/insert-other-odd-insults-here.
    Besides 4-5, tell me who is actually strong. I got Mei, Tsunade, Konan and... Yeah...
    Not even 4.

Racism? Dont be silly. Sexism and Racism are different and its ignorant to put them in the same tier especially with something like manga where its likely all these guys are Japanese. Naruto Uzumaki is a Japanese name implying he is a Japanese person as are most of the series no racism involved.
    The man who infamously loved Blonde hair and blue eyes is NOT someone to compare Kishi to obviously and nobody is doing that.

the only way kishi can be called sexist is if there were no strong women at all. the presence of a woman who can save an entire village from getting wiped out by pain, revived Naruto, can't get killed with a stronger punch than an Alpha male . and a mizukage with two bloodline limits makes the whole argument invalid.

sure there are stronger males but who cares ?!
    Actually he can be called sexist if when males and females with the same training and education have a big difference in strength.
    Sakura trained by Tsunade, I see her ass being kicked by Choji, Shikamaru, Neji (Even without training from the Head of Hyuga) and Lee. She is probably the strongest Kunoichi in her age bracket from Konoha. (including her year and Tenten's year.)

Tsunade the grandchild of the 1st Hokage and Kyuubi container Hashirama and Mito respectively, the niece of the 2nd Hokage.
    She is trained with Jiraiya and Orochimaru who had no real heritage. In the team, she is UNDOUBTABLY THE WEAKEST BY A GOOD AMOUNT.
    Of the strongest people in Naruto, your telling me you feel a females Top 10?

Jiraiya, Orochimaru, 1st Hokage, 2nd Hokage, Madara, Danzou, Nagato, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, A, Bee, 3rd Hokage, 3rd Tsuchikage, 2nd Tsuchikage, Masked Man, 4th Hokage, Kakashi, Kabuto, 3rd Raikage who delayed an army of 10'000 and single handedly sealed 8tails, and dodging rasenshurken.

A lot of ppl, no females there.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    N

There are not a lot of strong women. When you think of strong Kage's if Mei Terumi and Tsunade enter your mind your are indeed a... buffoon/clown/fool/insert-other-odd-insults-here.
    Besides 4-5, tell me who is actually strong. I got Mei, Tsunade, Konan and... Yeah...
    Not even 4.
    not even 4 ?! you are the one who doesn't read my posts or naruto for that mater. mito, kushina, konan, mizukage, tsunade ( those are five that we know of )

you should think before you type "bro". cause there is nothing on god's earth that shows that the muzukage is weaker than any kage. or tsunade for that mater

Quote Quote:
    Racism? Dont be silly. Sexism and Racism are different and its ignorant to put them in the same tier especially with something like manga where its likely all these guys are Japanese. Naruto Uzumaki is a Japanese name implying he is a Japanese person as are most of the series no racism involved.
    The man who infamously loved Blonde hair and blue eyes is NOT someone to compare Kishi to obviously and nobody is doing that.
    alright you obviously don't understand sarcasm but it's o.k, though i have to intention of teaching anyone.

Quote Quote:
    Actually he can be called sexist if when males and females with the same training and education have a big difference in strength.
    Sakura trained by Tsunade, I see her ass being kicked by Choji, Shikamaru, Neji (Even without training from the Head of Hyuga) and Lee. She is probably the strongest Kunoichi in her age bracket from Konoha. (including her year and Tenten's year.)

Tsunade the grandchild of the 1st Hokage and Kyuubi container Hashirama and Mito respectively, the niece of the 2nd Hokage.
    She is trained with Jiraiya and Orochimaru who had no real heritage. In the team, she is UNDOUBTABLY THE WEAKEST BY A GOOD AMOUNT.
    Of the strongest people in Naruto, your telling me you feel a females Top 10?

Jiraiya, Orochimaru, 1st Hokage, 2nd Hokage, Madara, Danzou, Nagato, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, A, Bee, 3rd Hokage, 3rd Tsuchikage, 2nd Tsuchikage, Masked Man, 4th Hokage, Kakashi, Kabuto, 3rd Raikage who delayed an army of 10'000 and single handedly sealed 8tails, and dodging rasenshurken.

A lot of ppl, no females there.
    LOL, same education and training ?! what have you been reading ?! tell me a single team where every one in it have the exact same power level though they have the same teacher . or better yet. tell me a single team where the teammates have the same teq. or even better and better in the academy they all got the exact same training and teaching tell me two people with the same powers or in the same level naruto is an uzumake and the son of the forth hokage, tell us how far would that take him if he didn't meet jiraya . being born of an uzumake doesn't mean you are automatically strong you have to choose your own path. tsunade is a medical nin that's what she choose and yet she is so strong that she can actually ignore the rule about medical nins should not enter any battle .

though you talk with some logic you almost don't know anything about naruto seeing that you put Danzo and kabuto who do nothing other than stealing powers before the mizukage with two frieken bloodline limits and tsunade. would you prefer if they were the same and just stole powers ? and here is a shocker, i think tsunade is stronger that orochimaru !! who all we know about him is that he steels powers and do insane experiments to upgrade himself

and again the existence of strong female characters who we can spend the whole day arguing whether or not they are stronger than certain male characters makes the the point of kishi being sexist invalid and of course ignoring the whole ...

Quote Quote:
    cause it's not only wrong but has nothing to do with the naruto world
    Last edited by meeedoooz; April 11, 2012 at 08:16 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

LOL, same education and training ?! what have you been reading ?! tell me a single team where every one in it have the exact same power level though they have the same teacher . or better yet. tell me a single team where the teammates have the same teq. or even better and better in the academy they all got the exact same training and teaching tell me two people with the same powers or in the same level
    Same technique is irrelevant.
    in the academy with same power? Naruto and Sasuke roughly. Shino and Shikamaru roughly. Sakura and Ino roughly. The latter is a perfect example that answers your question.
    Both Ino and Sakura are medic-nins.
    Also, academy training and having same mentor are completely different. Not my example.

naruto is an uzumake and the son of the forth hokage, tell us how far would that take him if he didn't meet jiraya . being born of an uzumake doesn't mean you are automatically strong you have to choose your own path. tsunade is a medical nin that's what she choose and yet she is so strong that she can actually ignore the rule about medical nins should not enter any battle .
    Naruto w/out Jiraiya would have met Kushina in his mind in a serious experience and got the cool unsealed Kyuubi mode.
    Also, Tsunade is the specialized medic-nin yet Kabuto some young kid (male) exceeded her when he was like 24. While she spent her whole life on it.

though you talk with some logic you almost don't know anything about naruto seeing that you put Danzo and kabuto who do nothing other than stealing powers before the mizukage with two frieken bloodline limits and tsunade.
    You know nothing about Naruto. Tsunade said Kabuto exceeded her in Part I. This is prior to his sudden power growth. Regardless of whatever methods, they are both males who are worlds stronger than her, also the list I gave was a long list. There might be more.

would you prefer if they were the same and just stole powers ?
    Not the point. The point is Tsunade is far weaker than A LOT of male characters and she is meant to be the strongest female?
    If it was fair, there wouldnt be so many male characters able to PWN the strongest female character. I dont care, but the argument that there is some sexism in his writing is fair.

and here is a shocker, i think tsunade is stronger that orochimaru !!
    -_-
    If you think Tsunade > Orochimaru then... Discussions cant go on.

and again the existence of strong female characters who we can spend the whole day arguing whether or not they are stronger than certain male characters makes the the point of kishi being sexist invalid and of course ignoring the whole ...
    Its really not. The ratio of strong males to females is like... 8 males to 2 females.

cause it's not only wrong but has nothing to do with the naruto world
    It obviously to do with the naruto world as the thread title is about Kishi.
    The strongest female ever in the series will get crushed by the 15th strongest male.
    If you cant see where the argument that there is sexism is coming from then... Try harder. Coz it is a fair question if he is sexist deep down or not.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 11, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Same technique is irrelevant.
    in the academy with same power? Naruto and Sasuke roughly. Shino and Shikamaru roughly. Sakura and Ino roughly. The latter is a perfect example that answers your question.
    Both Ino and Sakura are medic-nins.
    Also, academy training and having same mentor are completely different. Not my example.
    once again you prove you know nothing about naruto. i mean for god's sake naruto and sasuke had the same power level in the academy ?!! shino and shikamaru ?!! man there is so much win that i don't know what to chose naruto was a dropout with no talent or power what so ever except great stamina while sasuke was a genius . every example you said is just wrong... and i know mentor and training are two different things but that just proves you wrong ( yet again ) . if every character has a different mentor how can you say ( same training ?! ) and if they have the same mentor then that just proves what i asked you before. name two characters with the same mentor that have the same power level

Quote Quote:
    Naruto w/out Jiraiya would have met Kushina in his mind in a serious experience and got the cool unsealed Kyuubi mode.
    Also, Tsunade is the specialized medic-nin yet Kabuto some young kid (male) exceeded her when he was like 24. While she spent her whole life on it.

You know nothing about Naruto. Tsunade said Kabuto exceeded her in Part I. This is prior to his sudden power growth. Regardless of whatever methods, they are both males who are worlds stronger than her, also the list I gave was a long list. There might be more.
    yeah his normal medical skills exceeded her, but she still has her summon , chakara controlling , a unique understanding of poisons and suzo sise or something .. again you read too much into things. jiraya said rennigan is the strongest eye jutsu yet itachi has beaten nagato

and how for god's sake can you actually say " naruto without jiraya would have met kushina ?!! i mean come on that's just silly. naruto without jiraya's training and the presence of him would be dead !! he wouldn't have learned sage mode or stopped pain or got the key to the seal .... etc

Quote Quote:
    Not the point. The point is Tsunade is far weaker than A LOT of male characters and she is meant to be the strongest female?
    If it was fair, there wouldnt be so many male characters able to PWN the strongest female character. I dont care, but the argument that there is some sexism in his writing is fair.
    just one thing to respond , CC much ? i said that you argue about her not being the strongest character and you said " no , i mean, emm, same education.... etc"
    she isn't the strongest character so what ? she is still stronger than many characters one of them is kabuto without infusing oro into himself.

Quote Quote:
    -_-
    If you think Tsunade > Orochimaru then... Discussions cant go on.
    yup the argument is pointless from the start cause you are obviously new in reading naruto. oro without testing on himself and turning himself into some kind of a freak is in no way stronger than tsunade . we didn't see anything special from him except how he can survive deadly beating that's how the story is. tell me one thing he did that makes you say he is stronger than tsunade knowing that neither him nor tsunade fought with every thing they have... just one thing that makes your opinion about him being stronger valid and i'll quit the argument

Quote Quote:
    Its really not. The ratio of strong males to females is like... 8 males to 2 females.
    admitting there are strong women in naruto and that women aren't the helpless powerless characters even if the ratio is 8:2 is what makes the argument about kishi being a sexist invalid . in naruto we see women have great courage like hinata opposing pain. kushina willing to sacrifice her life for naruto and minato ( i know she was gonna die anyway but still ). tsunade in many situations. they have leadership since two out of the five villages have female kages and even though it's a story about wars and fights there is no one in any country against a female leader cause being a kage means they are the strongest in the village. what more do you want ?!

Quote Quote:
    It obviously to do with the naruto world as the thread title is about Kishi.
    The strongest female ever in the series will get crushed by the 15th strongest male.
    If you cant see where the argument that there is sexism is coming from then... Try harder. Coz it is a fair question if he is sexist deep down or not.

nope i mean has nothing to do with naruto in the way i mentioned before. there is nothing called " same education or training " and you are dead wrong about it as any one who reads naruto should know. in every team and in the academy the levels of power differ from one person to another. again your first point is so wrong it's painful to read . i'm out of here and please man visit any site or even wikipedia to learn more about naruto.
    Last edited by meeedoooz; April 11, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    yeah his normal medical skills exceeded her, but she still has her summon , chakara controlling , a unique understanding of poisons and suzo sise or something ..
    -Manda II makes Katsuyu look like a poor excuse of a summon.
    -Kabuto's chakra control is good enough to ballance Senjutsu Chakra, something Tsunade hasn't shown to be able to achieve up till now.
    -Kabuto created a poison which nullifies Hashirama's powers and he's somehow storing it inside his body.

Seriously... there's not one thing I can name in which Tsunde is better then Kabuto... even his regular regeneration is compareable to her Creation Rebirth... and that even comes at the price of shortening her life.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this conversation has taken a distinct turn since I last posted. I think this divergence is happeneing because people are mixing "strength" with "accomplishment". Are there strong women is Naruto? The answer is yes. Are they accomplished? The answer is no. The only one who has demonstrated holding her own in comparison to the men is Temari, but even in this war she's been regulated to a cheerleader. Tsuande, who is the Hokage has failed in this department. While she has demonstrated she can pulverize a rock into dust on numerous occasions, has she done the same to live people? Not really. Her big chance to shine was against Pain, but she didn't even harm one of them. True, her abilities to heal people are unparallaled. However, in a shounen world, that and $4 will buy you a cup of Starbuck's in the States. If Sakura had continued to evolve combatively after her battle with Sasori we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But alas we are. So I guess the question now is, is Kishi sexist if women have no significant accomplishments. I'd say no.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Wow, this conversation has taken a distinct turn since I last posted. I think this divergence is happeneing because people are mixing "strength" with "accomplishment". Are there strong women is Naruto? The answer is yes. Are they accomplished? The answer is no. The only one who has demonstrated holding her own in comparison to the men is Temari, but even in this war she's been regulated to a cheerleader. Tsuande, who is the Hokage has failed in this department. While she has demonstrated she can pulverize a rock into dust on numerous occasions, has she done the same to live people? Not really. Her big chance to shine was against Pain, but she didn't even harm one of them. True, her abilities to heal people are unparallaled. However, in a shounen world, that and $4 will buy you a cup of Starbuck's in the States. If Sakura had continued to evolve combatively after her battle with Sasori we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But alas we are. So I guess the question now is, is Kishi sexist if women have no significant accomplishments. I'd say no.
    I agree but its a matter of opinion. Women have accomplished nearly nothing compared to males in this manga. If ppl are saying its sexist I wont say its wrong. I dont think Kishi is sexist but its a fair argument.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    I disagree, I believe the females in this manga have accomplished things (not in the same number as the men, but they still have accomplishments), but they lack strength and power of their male counter-parts.

Tsuande and Mei are both Kages. Mito was the first Jinchuriki of the Kyuubi. Tsuande was named a Sannin. We have numerous women attaining the rank of Jounin, some even becoming ANBU Captains if I'm not mistaken.

Tsuande has achieved jutsu no one else has. Mei is the only ninja aside from a genetically altered Madara to have two Kekkai Genkai.

Fact of the matter is while they have accomplished these things, they pale in comparison to the sheer amount of accomplishments male characters have achieved. Kishi simply doesn't allow many females to have the spotlight, but there are a few who do shine. And again, the reason why there are only a few females who shine in this manga is because of the manga's target audience which are young males. That isn't Kishi being sexist, it is him playing to his audience.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a male, I think he isn't sexist, for one he seems to enjoy making his characters rather diverse, unusually so for manga, which tends to have very defined gender roles, half of the kages are female, and each three man group of ninja usually has at least one female, I would say they are pretty well represented, most of the sexist claims can be linked to tenten, but even she really isn't as pathetic as she is often made out to be, considering the large number of "regular" nins who only wield a single kunai, she is somewhat impressive, another claim is konan, but she was actually a very very powerful ninja, she just had the misfortune of having her one major fight be with probably the most powerful ninja in the series, and she didn't do all that bad, more than everyone who came before her at least. I mean not every series can have a female protagonist, right?

New Reply
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast