Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you feel that Masashi Kishimoto is sexist?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

192 43.94%
  • No

245 56.06%
New Reply
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread: Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

I wouldn't say so. The majority of female characters in Naruto don't stand out because of their looks unlike in other mangas. Alot of the female characters don't have huge boobs or anything like that and for a kunoichi, it seems like it'd be a hindrance, so it makes sense that kishi doesn't do this. Aside from the kunoichi from the lightening village, they're aren't too many others with huge boobs. It's no where near as bad as bleach...not that I'm complaining. I kinda like big boobs...lol
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

There's one female ANBU that we know so far - I forgot her name, but she was in Part I after Hayate (?) was killed by Baku (?). It was during Sandaime Hokage's funeral?

Using ANBU as a reason to show Kishi is sexist doesn't work because we don't know the identity of most ANBU. Hell, we only know Itachi and Kakashi because they were former ANBU; and Yamato was assigned to Naruto's team, so he can't stay mysterious or keep his mask on.

At least Kishi's trying to make women look strong or better. Konan was probably the only person to ever damage Tobi to an extent and make him resort to Izanagi. Kushina was able to manhandle boys when she was a child, and she had the balls to argue with one of the greatest genius of his generation. Mei and Tsunade are the kage of their villages, and Tsunade is the main reason why the village hasn't suffered a devastating loss against Pain. Even Hiruzen wasn't able to prevent deaths of many top shinobi.

I still think the problem is that the manga switched to focusing on Naruto and Sasuke. Back in Part I, females were actually shown in a better light when Kishi was focusing on other characters, not just Naruto or Team 7. We saw Sakura grow and mature as the chuunin exam went on, we saw Anko be BDSM and willing to die to get rid of her master, we even saw Kurenai... be hot? Temari was pretty badass and smart, as well. Tenten had badass weapons. Even in early Part II, we saw Sakura change into a better shinobi.

As Part II went on though, Naruto was given more focus and other characters slowly took the backseat. You had few epic moments like Shikamaru beating Hidan or Hinata defending Naruto. Sakura regressed into early Part I, for the most part, at least during Pain Invasion just to show Naruto's power (the confidence she had in Naruto, etc, and I don't mean Naruto's combat power). Though, Sakura did have a good moment in finding out about the Zetsu and owning him.

Although Kishi may admittedly suck at making women look just as good, he has been giving too much focus on Naruto and Sasuke, in my opinion, that not just females, but most side characters haven't looked good. Kakashi being the main example.

New Reply
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50