Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Gin stronger than Aizen

  1. #16
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member itachisamata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Tunisia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman View Post
    Gin just like to see trouble so he follows aizen. People saying that he is at least strong as yama need to shut up -.- we have no proof.
    if he is really stronger than aizen! yamaji is no longer ranked. and if you want a proof ? i just gave you a BIG ONE

  2. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Charred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Gin is as strong as hitsugay, aka he isnt any special.

  3. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Charred View Post
    Gin is as strong as hitsugay, aka he isnt any special.
    Yeah, the manga clearly stated it. Gin fighting (or toying) with a bankai Hitsu und the high possibility of him having hollow powers makes it obvious that Gin = Hitsu.

  4. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Uh, Gin never fought Ban Kai Hitsugaya. But yes if he has Vizard powers now he should be much stronger than Hitsu. Still, I'm not sure how so many equate somebody being a lazy slimeball with them being stronger than the most terrifying force in this manga. The amount of undeserved hype this guy gets is obscene. And the hilarious part is that these same people are the ones who always cry about Hitsugaya fanboys.

    Simply put, Gin being stronger than Aizen or Yama is nothing but a bad joke.

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lol Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Yeah, that was Hitsu shikai, but does anyone believe that for one second Gin intended to kill him. Gin played the part of chief agitator throughtout the entire arc, making everyone think that he was behind everything when he honestly hadn't done anything but prolong the perception that Aizen was gone.

    And people still fail to follow Kubo logic. If Kubo wants Gin stronger than Yama and Aizen, then Gin will be that strong even if he previously appeared equal to someone way weaker. It almost become nonsensical to even speculate because power levels do not exist in a measurable way.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #21
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member itachisamata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Tunisia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    i agree with obamamania ... gin is the most mysterious charachter in the manga.
    we know a lot about aizen,toussen and even urahara than gin !!!

  8. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Charred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    - He never fought hitsugaya in bankai. It was shikai vs shikai.
    - His face wasnt that from somebody who was just toying around.

  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Cosidering what Shunsui said about Hitsugaya surpassing him in 100 yrs, i think that statement also applies to Gin as well...I think he may be atleast on Shunsui's level by now since i doubt he was as strong as Hitsu is 100 years ago...So i think he is as strong as Shunsui, but add hollow powers and maybe a resurrecion and i think he may be close to Yama's level...Just a theory so plz dont bite of my head about proof because i have none...I just suspect Shunsui's statement to be a bit of foreshadowing....

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lol Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Gin is sort of always in Shikai in a sense, because in a real fight vs. another shinigami, his shikai hasn't really been used as anything more than an extendable spear that then returns to normal. Sure, he could maybe use it like Renji's shikai where it swings around and cuts everything, but he's only done that as a cheap shot against Hiyori. Overall, I think he's truly capable of something sinister and terrifying, but we won't see it until we see Gin's true self. I won't believe for a second that he's just a servant of Aizen, someone as sadistic as him is going to end up as something more, whether he ends up betraying Aizen or not. Nobody would think that Aizen would be defeated before Gin, but obviously if that happens we'll know Gin is important just like how Yammi outlived all of the espada.

  11. #25
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Charred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Nothing indicates him being any special at all. He has a melee type zankpaktou which have always been terribly weak. So his bankai most likely wont be anything special either.
    Putting him on the level of shunsui is a joke, let alone comparing him to yamamoto. He's on par with hitsugaya, his hollowfication powers will put him vastly above this level. He is said to be a genius yes, yet this doesnt instantly makes him as strong as top notch captains like shunsui & yamamoto. Shunsui would eat him alive at any moment, yama jii could kill him before he released his shikai.

  12. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Yeah the whole Rukia and Gin thing in SS was just for writing purposes and to make Gin look like the evil guy that killed Aizen. I thought it was actually written pretty well on explaining how scared Rukia was of him.

    I think Gin is probably stronger than Hitsugaya without hollow powers.

    We don't really know how strong he was already in the pendulum arc since he beat the 3rd seat and Aizen was the VC and probably captain level at the time. He was said to be a genius.

    And remember what Shunsui said? He said in a hundred years Hitsugaya would probably be stronger than him, because he's a genius. I think that also hints at Gin being very strong as well. Of course he wasn't a captain back then and perhaps didn't have bankai back then, but we don't know for sure how strong he was. I do believe Gin has the potential to be stronger than Shunsui.

  13. #27
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Charred View Post
    Nothing indicates him being any special at all. He has a melee type zankpaktou which have always been terribly weak. So his bankai most likely wont be anything special either.
    Putting him on the level of shunsui is a joke, let alone comparing him to yamamoto. He's on par with hitsugaya, his hollowfication powers will put him vastly above this level. He is said to be a genius yes, yet this doesnt instantly makes him as strong as top notch captains like shunsui & yamamoto. Shunsui would eat him alive at any moment, yama jii could kill him before he released his shikai.
    It's always so funny how you say "he IS on par with hitsu, shunsui WOULD eat him alive, yama COULD kill him" as if it were written down facts.
    We don't know much about him, but him being a genius and the way he treats Aizen (and gets treated by him) indicate that Gin isn't quite the cannon fodder.

  14. #28
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Charred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Underpowered View Post
    It's always so funny how you say "he IS on par with hitsu, shunsui WOULD eat him alive, yama COULD kill him" as if it were written down facts.
    We don't know much about him, but him being a genius and the way he treats Aizen (and gets treated by him) indicate that Gin isn't quite the cannon fodder.
    From the info that we have, without any speculation, it is a fact that:

    - gin is on par with hitsugaya
    - hitsu is weaker than shunsui
    - shunsui is weaker than yamamoto
    - equation of the above equals in gin being weaker than shunsui & yama

    Anything else is speculation, from both you and me.

  15. #29
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    the idea that gin is stronger than aizen is unlikely but it is an okay idea by it self

    but the "evidence" presented in the first post is a joke


    Quote Originally Posted by Charred View Post
    From the info that we have, without any speculation, it is a fact that:

    - gin is on par with hitsugaya
    - hitsu is weaker than shunsui
    - shunsui is weaker than yamamoto
    - equation of the above equals in gin being weaker than shunsui & yama

    Anything else is speculation, from both you and me.
    nah gin is way stronger than hitsugaya

    hitsugaya was using bankai and gin was barely using shinkai nor was he even bothering to attack, he just played defence for most of their battle
    Last edited by Elite_user; January 19, 2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Join the Original Naruto Facebok group. Talk with other fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204660409

  16. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UnknownQuincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Karakura-cho
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

    Since it directly applies to the thread, I'll go out and say, under the full understanding that the manga battle is very different from the anime battle of Hitsu vs Gin, I have no inclination to think anything other that Gin was toying with Hitsu.

    I don't think for a second that his Zanpakuto is guaranteed to be melee only, in fact he has proven to use far more functionally than that. He is devious and strong, able to take a seated position within 1 year of joining the academy. I dont think even Hitsu was that fast at gaining a seat, I think he was just younger when he entered so he is the youngest captain. I can't recall any mention of how fast he actually made it thru the academy, however.

    Now, moving into a more on topic response, I think it's is not likely that Gin is directly looking to take Aizen down. However, the likelyhood of Aizen giving Gin hollow powers, and not himself(because he hasnt "perfected hollowfication"), Aizen getting killed by Ichi+SS+Vaizards, and then Gin bein ultimately "more powerful" than Aizen was, does not escape me. I don't see it as very, extremely, amazingly likely, but the possibility is there.
    I have no interest, and you have no skill...

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts