Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gin stronger than Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gin stronger than Aizen

Charred.....logical fallicies don't win arguements. Gin vs. Hitsu was 100% unmeasurable, and it's a bit ridiculous to think either one is stronger. How in the world does "on par" lead to you thinking they're equal when we have not seen Gin's bankai. His bankai MAY be more epic than Hitsu's, then how will your arguement hold up?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Charred.....logical fallicies don't win arguements. Gin vs. Hitsu was 100% unmeasurable, and it's a bit ridiculous to think either one is stronger. How in the world does "on par" lead to you thinking they're equal when we have not seen Gin's bankai. His bankai MAY be more epic than Hitsu's, then how will your arguement hold up?
    But then any character with unknown bankai may be the strongest character in the manga. (For example, if the bankai is death note) IMO relative powers before bankai is a reliable hint about the relative powers with bankai. For example, if Byakuya's shikai is on par with Yoruichi's shikai, you can expect to see the same parity in bankai.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UnknownQuincy's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

With some of the more recent examples of Shikai and Bankai, I think that logic is holding less and less validity. A shikai like Shunsui's, or a Bankai like Soifon's, really REALLY throw those kind of examples out of whack. I would have tended to agree long ago, maybe even a few months back, but we've see some recent examples that don't follow that trend anymore, at all.

If I had to guess, I would say Gin is one of those characters whose Bankai may be excessively powerful, much like Shunsui's shikai or Shinjis bankai, literally taking the opponent into an entirely new reality. Or conversely, like Soifon, he will have a Bankai capable of wildly excessive amounts of area of effect destruction.

As Aizen's VC, an accepted genius and a master swordsman(remember him killing the third seat while unseated?), I think Gin has to much hype surrounding him to get some cheese-ball shikai-redone Bankai "Now Shinso shoots EVEN FARTHER !" kind of Bankai.

Gin's bankai has a high probability to be amazing.
    Last edited by UnknownQuincy; January 19, 2010 at 08:36 PM.
    I have no interest, and you have no skill...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    But then any character with unknown bankai may be the strongest character in the manga. (For example, if the bankai is death note) IMO relative powers before bankai is a reliable hint about the relative powers with bankai. For example, if Byakuya's shikai is on par with Yoruichi's shikai, you can expect to see the same parity in bankai.
    No. Come on, you guys are putting WAY too much faith into the idea that Kubo will someone follow your own personal logic of how this all works. Kubo reserves releases and bankais until he wants that character to shine or perhaps fail. But nothing is guaranteed until it happens.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Gin is as powerful as Aizen but he has to be pretty friggin powerful. I don't want to state too much that's already been said but I believe there is enough evidence from the turn back the pendolum arc and the fact that he is the currently known main antagonists right hand man to know that his power far exceeds Hitsu's. As a matter of fact don't get me started on how unamazing Hitsu is. Yeah I like him don't get me wrong, but I like the Houston Texans too.

At any rate we don't even know what Gin's Shikai and Bankai are. I know everyone thinks that his sword grows but is that really it? ANY shigami or arracar with control over their reajitsu can control the length of their sword, and I'm not completely certain but doesn't his realease word mean god or god sword or something like that? It sounds epic so maybe it really allows him to increase his reajitsu or some other unseen but highly useful effect. Yeah it probably just makes his sword grow but I'm sure none of you can say with 100% confidence that you know that for sure.

If I had to guess, and this is purely my speculation, I would say his swordplay and footwork may be nearly has high as Aizen's, afterall Aizen said he cannot improve any further so there must be a limit and Gin has had a long time to play catch up. His reajitsu probably isn't near as high yet and he probably knows very little kido. I would say he's about around or maybe a little more powerful than Shunsui and Utitake. That's just a guess based on the whole Gin being as powerful as Hitsu a 100 years ago theory.

The reason I don't think Gin would be the main bad guy is I don't think Gin was the boss 100 years ago so he wouldn't be the boss now. If he's not the boss it's because he can't be the boss. He seems lazy enough that if he had a choice he would do nothing and maybe date that one chick with the big tits, so he either feels compelled to follow Aizen for some reason or he's too scared. Maybe big tits' safety is being held against him or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Boagrious's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought this was a high possibility. Still think it could happen. Gin is the one closest to Aizen, and the one that has always been chill whenever Aizen has done something epic. Like the Pendulum arc, Gin was a kid and he was kicking people's ass. Now he is all grown and is more reserved, How the hell a kid that is a coldblooded killer turns into a patient and non-violent dude?! I think people underestimate him and really don't pay attention at him the way it should happen. Gin has finally unveiled his Bankai, and it's constantly doing something different, now that's epic and badass. He is not worried about Aizen, he is worried that Aizen inserted the Hyogoku to himself in secret. Now why would that be? It opens the possibility that Gin is actually stronger than Aizen, and was deceived. So he is now watching and learning about the situation, just like Ichigo is. Aizen is a test subject right now... He thinks he has mastered it, but he still gets hurt.
    Why so Serious?

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3