Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite audio touches in the anime that can't be conveyed clearly or at all in the manga?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your favorite audio touches in the anime that can't be conveyed clearly or at all in the manga?

I'll explain by listing some of my own.

-The droning, echoing, saxophone-esque sound effect that plays when Mayuri goes bankai. It audially personifies his deranged mind and personality perfectly, while also portraying his twisted murderous intent and the ominous scene in that moment very well. It's just one of those sound effects they didn't have to do, but that gave this perfect artistic personification to Mayuri, his bankai, and the scene in general.

-The sonido sound effect. A creative sound that does a good job of giving the viewer the impression that sonido might be different from shunpo. As we now know that to be true, the sound itself makes me imagine sonido being akin to the garganta somehow. Perhaps a sort of mini garganta that allows the user to go out of and back into the dimension quickly from one point to another. I find it pretty cool that the sound alone is able to give me a certain impression of sonido that I'd probably never think of if I just read the manga.

-The garganta sound effect. Very effectively portrays dimensional fabric being torn apart.

-The Visored voice overlay sound effect (Ichigo's especially). Portrays both Shirosaki's insanity and the perturbed hollow aura of Ichigo with his mask on very satisfactorily.

-Ikkaku's seiyuu does an absolutely fantastic job of acting out his personality. Almost all of the Japanese voice-actors do a great job at bringing their characters' personalities to life (and I don't even know Japanese), but Ikkaku's always stands out in my mind as nailed down perfectly. In particular, the way he goes into a high-pitched shout that sounds tough at the same time when he's angry/enthusiastic/etc. in a fight.

So they can be anything, really. They can be sound effects, voice-acting, music, or whatever, and they can be the sound in general or a particular use of it in one scene of the anime (so for music, it can be the song in general, or it can be how the song was used for one scene specifically). The anime is full of stylish and artistic audio touches that elaborate on many things in the manga exceptionally well, and I'm curious as to which ones you guys favor most.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are your favorite audio touches in the anime that can't be conveyed clearly or at all in the manga?

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Russell View Post
    -The sonido sound effect. A creative sound that does a good job of giving the viewer the impression that sonido might be different from shunpo. As we now know that to be true, the sound itself makes me imagine sonido being akin to the garganta somehow. Perhaps a sort of mini garganta that allows the user to go out of and back into the dimension quickly from one point to another. I find it pretty cool that the sound alone is able to give me a certain impression of sonido that I'd probably never think of if I just read the manga.
    That definitely is an interesting sound effect. I also like the cero sound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Russell View Post
    -The Visored voice overlay sound effect (Ichigo's especially). Portrays both Shirosaki's insanity and the perturbed hollow aura of Ichigo with his mask on very satisfactorily.
    I loooove that effect. And it's the same voice actor, too, which makes it even better because they sound completely different; like two completely different personalities/people.

In the English dub, you can still hear the similarities between Ichigo and Visored Ichigo's voices. The effect in entirely different.

Bleach also has some cool background music. I have a favorite in particular, called "on the precipice of defeat".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-sWA2CtoII

The guitar at the beginning reminds me of a hollow, and it's beautifully creepy.

There's also this, called Escalon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiVjeYAo7HA

I <3 Mayuri's voice actor. His voice reminds me of Orochimaru's voice, in that they both have a scratchy, old, creepy sound. Mayuri's fits his personality perfectly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are your favorite audio touches in the anime that can't be conveyed clearly or at all in the manga?

Sonido is definitely a cool sound.

and i love the cero charge-up sound. i can imitate it pretty well myself with a sort-of whistle.

music and voices are of course important.
    specifically, some characters voices in the anime just fit them so perfectly that it's almost realistic.
    as JP mentioned, Ikkaku.
    Grimmjow.
    and as much as i completely prefer the japanese version of the anime, i must say that Kenpachi's english voice acting suits him amazingly. i'm not sure of the voice actor's name, but i know he also does Jiraiya in Naruto's english dub.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Castriota's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    man, when i heard that playing when shinji cut into ichigo's and grimmjow's fight and pulled out the mask. i was like sickkkkk.

i gotta say, all the voice actors mostly do a good job when portraying the character. like the guy who does gin's voice, it's just silly and not serious. i could keep going but that'd be dumb sayin what you all already know.

i also like the music, on a funny standpoint, whenever yammy is firing bala after bala at urahara and then urahara comes up from behind. that music kills me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    Bleach also has some cool background music. I have a favorite in particular, called "on the precipice of defeat".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-sWA2CtoII
    That song totally sums up the SS arc. Dark, creepy, depressing. Bleach should be more like that again.

So anyways, Ulquiorras voice actor should be mentioned too, for his really fitting, cold, emotionless voice.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Underpowered View Post
    That song totally sums up the SS arc. Dark, creepy, depressing. Bleach should be more like that again.

So anyways, Ulquiorras voice actor should be mentioned too, for his really fitting, cold, emotionless voice.
    In my opinion, the older BGM is much better than the newer BGM. Really classic in terms of the anime itself.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNgqXLqzW8
    - the music during noitra's death. i would say that noi's death in the anime is what really turned my opinion around for him, and the music definetly helped, cuz it conveyed emotion that black and white art cant do on its own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqNOrvPOA8Q
    - gotta luv the epic music as well. its a little overused (like every time someone has a dramatic powerup) but its still rocks

also, the op mentioned the music of mayuri's bankai, id like to add the baby cry that you hear when you see the full release...hehehe, baby's crying
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yakedo-Tenchou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Seiyuus for both Ichimaru and Grimmjow are exceptional. I love the way Ichimaru's is so patronizing and portrays the character well, and Grimmjow's awesome, random shouting was phenomenal.

I love the sound overlays for Shuuhei's Kazeshini. The way the sound echoes out no matter what sound it may be, like it's being carried on the wind.

The background music "FIESTA DE GUERRA."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJmXZ...eature=related

If I can come up with any more, I'll post later.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately the Cero charge-up and the combination of the sound/visual effect when someone's reiatsu goes up. I love the shaky, grainy look it gives, especially when it's coupled with the noise and the reaction from those around it.

One of the coolest moments in the anime for me was when Hiyori lost control and slashed Shinji during the pendulum arc. Her roar and the slow-mo reactions of everyone around, combined with the reiatsu effect when it happened just looked amazing in my opinion.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like the cero sound effect.
    Oh yeah. I purposely didn't mention all my favorite effects, but I'd have listed that one as well if I had thought of it.

I <3 Mayuri's voice actor. His voice reminds me of Orochimaru's voice, in that they both have a scratchy, old, creepy sound. Mayuri's fits his personality perfectly.
    Yeah, Mayuri's is also great. I only mentioned Ikkaku because I find him to be the most in character of them all; if I listed all the ones that I thought did a great job and why, that'd be too drawn out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanzokuken View Post

and as much as i completely prefer the japanese version of the anime, i must say that Kenpachi's english voice acting suits him amazingly.
    I agree, I think his voice is actually more fitting for Kenpachi than even the Japanese voice actor's is, but he's a little inconsistent on the delivery, I find. Too many times he'll say a line a little awkwardly or stress his voice in a manner that kind of ruins it. If he were better at nailing the actual acting part of the voice, he'd be fantastic. His voice is such a perfect match that when he does pull lines off just right it's absolutely scintillating (I always remember his "my morning exercises are way more intense than this" line, or however it goes).

Quote Originally Posted by Underpowered View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yakedo-Tenchou View Post
    The Seiyuus for both Ichimaru and Grimmjow are exceptional. I love the way Ichimaru's is so patronizing and portrays the character well, and Grimmjow's awesome, random shouting was phenomenal.
    Agreed, all some of the top-tier actors in the show (Ulquiorra especially, in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Yakedo-Tenchou View Post
    I love the sound overlays for Shuuhei's Kazeshini. The way the sound echoes out no matter what sound it may be, like it's being carried on the wind.
    Hm, I never noticed any overlays for that, despite having watched the episode... four or five times already ('cause it's that damn good). I just remember the sound effects for it flipping through the air and the chain being tossed around. I'll have to check it out again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    i also like this. but i have to say it totally goes hand in hand with the manga. remember when in the turn back the pendulum arc shinji talks about this new thing called jazz music? and the escalon theme also features some jazz vibes i think.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Izkity's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I love:
    Sonido sound effect, definitely. It's kickass.
    The Gargantua sound always has me shivering.
    I especially love Nnoitra's voice; I think he really... I dunno, I just think he sounds really... Nnoitra-ish.
    The sad music, when used appropriately - as opposed to used stupidly in LURI-CHAN filler (rebellious muttering ensues), in some cases can bring me to tears

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cero charge up sound and Aizen's Shunpo.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach really has some great sounds... A few great OP/ED (defo Ichirin no Hana) and quite some good BGM

Escpecially love this ones:

Sagisu Shiro - A Requiem (From OST 2, can't find a link for it)
    Sagisu Shiro - Requiem for lost ones
    Sagisu Shiro - Will of the Heart
    Sagisu Shiro - Torn Apart
    Sagisu Shiro - Creeping Shadows
    Mike Wyzgowski - Nothing Can Be Explained

And I absolutely love (as mentioned before) the Visored's vocal sound FX

Quote Originally Posted by xXAshisogiJizoXx View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqNOrvPOA8Q
    - gotta luv the epic music as well. its a little overused (like every time someone has a dramatic powerup) but its still rocks
    THANK YOU

I've been searching wtf that track was named as it doesn't appear on the first two OST's I got

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pleather4Breakfast's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I looove(d) Nnoitra's Voice Actor, Lecherous and fits him perfectly.

That'll be a dream come true....
    R.I.P Nnoitra-Kun.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast