Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Truth Behind Bleach? Decide for yourself!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member robert_nsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Truth Behind Bleach? Decide for yourself!

I don't buy it personally. Anyway, KT's writing style centers around the character creation process. In an interview, he said that when he has trouble coming up with new ideas for Bleach, he rereads old chapters, then creates characters and comes up with situations for those characters to get into. He doesn't really plan anything out; he just creates scenarios and his characters act/react to those scenarios.

I don't have the source for that interview, or else I would post it. I think it was when he visited the US a couple of years ago.
    Looking for:
    1. The bankai's of all the exiled captains (including Isshin, Urahara, and Yoruichi)
    2. Aizen's real plan...
    3. Wonderwice Margera
    4. A new technique for Ichigo
    5. A villain that realizes stabbing a good guy in the chest means instant-death.
    6. That big fooking eyeball behind Aizen and co during their SS exodus.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Junaid_Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

True or not, I like it.
    I think it's HIIIIIIGHLY improbable, but none of us can be 100% sure it's fake since we don't know Kubo - except of course if their's any of you who DO know him.

There's a lot that goes against canon (and common sense - we've all been fans of Bleach from the start, and have a general gist of what's probable and what's outlandish), but he 'conveniently' covers his ass by blaming the "suits and ties" for making them change it. With that excuse, he could get away with claiming "Aizen was originally intended to be Farmer Gin's prize show-hog, but the suits and ties didn't like it".

I find his story really interesting, especially since it promises power-ups for the main characters, though the nature of the power-ups are suspicious. Also, this Irie character is so imbalanced he makes Aizen look like... like... Di Roy! I mean ok, MAYBE I can believe that his zanpakutou Bleach's time control lets him freeze time right before Aizen attacks hit him, thereby allowing him to evade the attacks and render Kyouka Suigetsu's Absolute Hypnosis useless, but to be able to walk through Respira unharmed is ridiculous. I don't particularly like Barragan as a character, but I must acknowledge that Respira, along with Kyouka Suigetsu's Absolute Hypnosis and Orihime's Reality-Rejection, is perhaps one of the most devastatingly, overwhelmingly powerful abilities revealed in Bleach so far (I may have been a little heavy on the adjectives there). I mean, it's near impossible to avoid, and once hit, 'that's yo ass'! But overall, I would say that if it's true that this was Kubo's original plan and that the suits are making him deviate, I hope that the future of Bleach retain a few elements of this scrapped blueprint, since it hold's promise.

On a not-entirely unrelated note, I read somewhere that 'Kubo said' he has two more arcs planned after the end of the arrancar arc. The source wasn't verified, and I'm hoping it's a lie, because I'm one of the guys who never wants a good story to end, even if I'm still reading Bleach when my kids are in college! Although this doesn't mean he plans on ending after those two arcs, it could also just mean he hasn't thought further ahead than that. Anyway, apparently the first arc is a mini-arc that leads into the second one, which is about Isshin. Other places have said Kubo is planning on doing either a Hell arc or a Royal Dimension arc, so my question is: is any of it true? Who KNOWS something, and can back it up? Despite all the negative criticism I see here on the forums directed towards Kubo and Bleach, I really like it and want it to go on for a long time still.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

to be extremely honest, i hope its real.even if its not real, those editors should just fire kubo and hire this guy in his stead.at least for storytelling anyway , kubo can continue as a character designer ^_^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ..::Tensa_Rayu::..'s Avatar
    Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North American Continent. XD
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinsengumi...please tell me you did not honestly just say that. >.> *checks again* yep. you said it. *sigh* Kubo keeps the awesomeness in Bleach. If you had someone else take over it, it wouldn't be nearly as good as the original Author's plans! >_<

"My actions have nothing to do with Shinigami protocol. I've rescinded your right to live, because you aspired to cut my pride with such a dull blade."
    -- Captain of 6th Company, Byakuya Kuchiki

"Don't forget my name, Soul Reaper, and you better pray that you never hear it again! Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez.....because the next time you hear my name, you'll be a dead man....I promise!"
    -- Sexta Espada, Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

but i had to say it >_> i love bleach and all but this story sounds just better/deeper. and ichigo's and renji's bankai are actually being a second state shikai and they practise like hell to gain their real bankai **** thats just epic imho

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2