Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite event in OP !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The Closet Pervert's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

Most unexpected? First thing that comes into mind is "The Merry" coming to the resque after Strawhats rescue Nico Robin from Enies Lobby.

What is the funniest event for you ?

Zoro getting lost all the time very hilarious Most recently on the "Tenryuubito island", when he got the tree number wrong. Can't stop grinning when thinking of that.

What is the coolest event for you ?

Luffy punching the Tenryuubito in the auction house. *still in awe of Luffys actions*

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

Franky vs CP9 Fatso Balloon Guy, "The one that can't stop talking", "the zippermouth". "Most stupid fight" in a good way, for me.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

Admiral Kizaru vs The Supernova, just for the sheer entertainment value.

What is your most impossible fight ?

Luffy vs Admiral Aoikiji (Ice Guy), when they meet for the first time.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?

Luffy punching the Tenryuubito in the auction house. /respect to Luffy! Luffy is The Man

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?

What Usopp did when Luffy decided to leave Merry. I totally didn't know that I could take Usopp seriously (as a fighter). Until that time, I only saw Usopp as comic relief of the series.

The most emotional event ?

Strawhat crew declaring war on world goverment, for Nico Robin.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

I started reading the manga around the invasion of Enies Lobby.

What would be your favorite quote ?
    "Are you bastards insane!!? Don't you dare to even dream that you'd survive having the world as your enemy!!!!
    I'D BE HAPPY TO LIVE WITH THAT-----!!!!"
    Last edited by The Closet Pervert; January 15, 2010 at 06:53 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member johnnyb7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy going off to rescue Ace alone.

There were a couple, one of which being the picture when sanji, usopp and luffy enter the trial of balls and their facial expressions involved all their eyeballs outside of their heads and their tongs sticking unrealistically far out, haha. Also when mr. 2 flashed sanji, chopper and luffy as nami, haha.

I'd have to say when Zoro was introduced, scary as hell monster who turns out to be a good guy.

Sanji vs. Ramen guy is up there, haha.

Without a doubt I would say Luffy vs. Enel. Enel having a God complex, thinking himself invincible on all accounts and then having Luffy kick him in the stomach. This could be a part of the coolest event for me too, I really loved this arc.

Luffy vs. Crocodile, not knowing how he could possibly hurt him. I had no idea how that was going to turn out, if it would have Luffy get a seastone weapon or what, using his own blood to touch him, badass.

When Usopp shot Spandam and the other marines from the tower of justice. Them saying it was impossible for them to be hit from there. Him fighting Franky's family and shooting the flag. I basically gained a good bit of respect for him in that arc, except when he left the crew, I didn't like that.

Coby

Luffy punching through Enel to hit the golden bell.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

I've followed One Piece since 2003. Loved it all the way.
    One Piece Predictions
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After writing another post I realized that there is a scene in One Piece that deeply touched me and is appropiate for many categories here.

The touching speech Hanyabal made while facing Luffy.
    One of the absolut BEST scenes in One Piece ever!
    That easily beats my other points I made earlier here.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace being Roger's son was O_O

Anything by Usopp; singing on top of the Tower of Justice, trying to scare Enel with the needle, the frostbite scene in Drum Island with Vivi, there's too much. Usopp-sama!!

The appearance of the supernovas was amazing to me, but there's a lot

Whiskey Peak. When Luffy woke up and started fighting Zoro because the latter beat up the habitants who were bounty hunters, whilst Luffy thought they were friends because they threw him a party. And how he casually laughed it off after the situation was explained to him.

I'm gonna be bias and say any of Zoro's fights; Zoro vs Mr.1 was just wow... a coming of age for Zoro, it was basically a do-or-die situation and he did.

Luffy vs Rob Lucci was amazing, the attacks....wow, lucky he didn't fight the pigeon..

Strawhats versus Kizaru; excuse the language but I shat myself when he revelead that he was a light-man. How the hell do you hit light?! was my question....

The appearance of Whitebeard at Marineford and his owning of John Giant was wow, give credit where it's due. But I'd say Enel is to me tje

Well we all know that Usopp is weak but how managed to bring about Sogeking to overcome that deserves some serious credit.

I cried when Kuma dispersed the crew one by one, but I'd have to say Luffy vs Usopp was very emotional.

Not an early fan, I didn't know about OP until like 2005, since then, it's been my everyday life!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Usopp trying to scare Enel with the needle
    I forgot about that, I'll have to go find that page now!

Luffy and Impel Down escapees landing in middle of the WB vs Marines war! Just the last panel was such an epic entrance!

The Sunny Go and Strawhats battle against the flying fish riders!
    When Duval's face was revealed and everything Brooke did

Again, the Sunny Go and Strawhats battle against the flying fish riders!
    Seeing the sunnys head firing.

Ussopps fights... Against ghost girl, with Zorro against Kaku and wolfey, and against Mr 4 and mrs whatever her name was. His fights are usually always funny.

Kizaru's debut fight on Shabondy

Impel Down's Mazellan fighting

Impel Down Mazellan again, he was owning everyone in Impel Down!

Ussop when he really became recognised as a sniper during Enies Lobby, shooting troops from top of the Judical tower!

Brooke's memories of his crew when they played their last song until he was all alone, perhaps because I was reading it as the story was released I felt the emotion quite strongly.

I started reading when the Thriller Back arc was beginning.

Chapter 218 "Everything that humans can imagine, is a possibility in reality" Physicist Willy Karen
    Last edited by BetaRuler; January 19, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on, guys ! That's indeed a bit old, but what about the war that we are currently seeing : The Marine and the Shichibukai vs the Yonkou WB and his armada. That used to be totally unexpected !

It's too hard for me, I don't remind all the funny events of OP. That's why I will not answer, I don't want to be influenced by the last chapters I have read.

The " 100 000 000 bounty " event, after Luffy and Zoro were beat by Bellamy and his crew, and despised by everyone, Luffy took care of Bellamy and the drinker understood who Luffy and his crew really were.

Either Jango vs the 3 kids of Syrup town (Piment, Oignon, Carotte) or Franky vs the Franky family (the underpants event).

Zoro vs Mr 1 or Luffy vs Blueno.

Roger vs Whitebeard : - how can Roger have beat WB when he was at his prime ?
    - how could the planet suffer such a big and probably long fight when you know the effects of WB's DF on it ?

That is not exactly an event but anyway, Laboon still waiting for the Rumbar pirates.

The most unexpected character evolution can only be Roger ! Yeah, I mean the Pirate King ! I guess everyone thought like me that Roger was seen as the greatest guy ever born in the OP world, with all those words about him when Luffy met people that had known him. But since a while, Oda has been showing us that actually Roger was hated by the peoples : civils (Ace's flashbacks), pirates (Shiki, Squardo, silver medalists). I guess we could add more people to this list.

Luffy at Shabondy Archipelago, trying to save his crewmates with all his might, loosing all of them, crying and then giving away his life to Kuma. He thought that Kuma was going to kill him as we can see that he understood later - after he woke up - that the other SHs could be safe, still on this earth, flying just like him.

I'm not an early fan. I began with the anime and I recall that when I had watched all the episodes available (it took me some months), I was waiting for the next W7 episode.
    Yet, I remind that when I was a kid, I read one of the chapter of a volume in a Virgin Megastore. I did not have the time to read a lot of it because I had to leave and I wondered how a young man could turn bigger to stop a cannonball : that was Luffy with his Fuusen against Buggy's special cannonball.

I am not really able to quote a lot of characters in OP. I can quote very well some words of the MHQ arc and I have some memories of the ID and TB arcs' cool dialogues but before that, it's really difficult. Anyway, I'm choosing that : I'm the one who is going to be the Pirate King !

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen?
    Several people said it was Ace being Roger's father but for me it was the actual announcement of Ace's actual execution. I honestly didn't see it coming (read the other answers i give for these questions and you'll realize why.

What is the funniest event for you?
    Several events have had me laughing on the floor but for me the best where Luffy's first encounter with Laboon. I love that first he fired the cannon at the whale then hit it in the eye his crew wanted to kill him. As well as the Sanji reaction to the wanted poster. I'm kinda hoping that Sanji's poster will be a running gag in the series

What is the coolest event for you?
    The entire final fight the crew did against the CP9. I loved each and every one of the battles, not to mention that a few members of the crew who were once considered the weak members even showed a good battle.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen?
    The fight against Devual (sp?). What was the point in him attacking the crew. if Sanji was the only one he wanted then i see no point in dragging out such a petty reason to fight someone.

What is the most enjoyable fight?
    The current chapter of the manga (572) Ace and Luffy teamed up is perfect. Can't wait for the episode!

What is your most impossible fight?
    Luffy vs Moria. If it wasn't for Moria making such a critical mistake at the end by taking in more then he could handle Luffy wouldn't have been able to beat him.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect?
    The episode robin's past was revealed and that her crew was willing go go as far as to burn down a WG flag just to save her.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you?
    Nami, I though she would be pretty much just the navigator and do nothing more then that. I wasn't actually expecting her to do so much fighting of be as much a help to the crew as she has been

The most emotional event?
    I don't know why but for me it was burning Merry. I can't explain it but when i saw that entire episode by the end of it I had tears in my eyes as well.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the series? Are you an early fan?
    No in fact I am almost the opposite. I first saw 4kids version though it was crap and would never watch sucha stupid anime. Then about three years ago a friend of mine recommended the series and said 4kids screwed it up. I watched it discovered I liked it and watched it up to episode 200 (was lazy and didn't want to read the manga). Then my computer crashed I lost the rest of the episodes and forgot the website I used for the download. I was also interested in other series at the time and before long totally forgot about OP. Then June of last year I discovered a Episodes site for OP. Out of boredom I decided to download a couple episodes just to remind me about what the series was about. Long story short by the time I was done I had watched every episode up to date and decided to jump to the manga as i needed to know what was going to happen next and have been addicted ever since

What would be your favorite quote?
    Don't know if this is the actual translation but "One of these days I am definitely going to kill you" by Zoro. He makes the threat so often that it kinda rubs off on me.
    Eight Down Two To Go

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZeroChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

-The revelation of Ace being Roger's son.
    -All the crewmembers sent flying on Shabondy Archipelago. That caught me off guard.
    -The revelation of CP9 members.

Luffy imitating Sanji in prison at Alabasta *link*

-Usopp's pose after striking Spandam from a long shot at Enies Lobby
    -The crew arrived to save Robin *link*

Sanji VS Wanze on the Sea Train

my most enjoyable fight would be Zoro+Sanji VS The Groggy Monsters in Davy Back Fight.
    but the most intense fight that I like is Zoro VS Captain T-Bone on the Sea Train from Water 7 to Enies Lobby.

Luffy VS Crocodile. Took him 3 attempts to finally beat him.

Zoro took Luffy's pain on Thriller Bark to protect Luffy from Kuma. Gotta respect and admire that.

From Usopp to Sogeking. *Sogeki no shima de.......*

-Going Merry came to the rescue. I shed manly tears. *sob*
    -most of the flashbacks, but to me the flashback in the Skypiea Arc was the best, where the Jaya people realize they were wrong about Norland and rang the bell for Norland

Yup. followed it since vol. 1, but became really addicted after Arlong Arc

Arlong: "A person with no pride like you is not worth to being a captain. What can you do?"
    Luffy : "I can defeat you"*link*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy being the son of Dragon
    Ace being Roger's son

-Luffy as Chopper
    (Chap 218)

-When Luffy said Nami was his nakama in the fight with arlong.

-if by stupid you mean dumb. my answer is Davy bark ark.

Zoro vs Mr 1
    Luffy vs Lucci
    Luffy vs Blueno

-When Shanks walked onto Whitebeard's ship while using a haki
    -When luffy beat the crap out of Ussop for insubbordination

-Going Merry came to the rescue.
    -Everytime the skeleton has a flashback
    -Zoro swearing to Luffy that he will never lose again (vs Mihawk)

Nope. i started somewhere in the alabasta arc.

Luffy: im no good... if i stay the way i am i won't be any good.
    ...i've thought of a way to fight with all my might so i won't ever have to lose to anybody...
    you won't be able to follow me anymore... all of my technoques will evolve one step...
    GEAR... SECOND.
    (chap 387)
    Trafalgar Law is the new Shichibukai. He cut down the samurai from Wano. 2-15-12

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Truefan21's Avatar
    Looking over Sasuke's gravestone with joy
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace being Roger's son, that blew me away

When Buggy though WB saw him as an equal, when he was simply using him

When shiryuu joined BB pirates

That would be usopp vs. perona, it was ridiculous

Luffy vs. Lucci , that fight was full of win
    you could feel the anguish and frustration in that fight and lucci being a total douche enjoy luffy's losing hope.

Luffy vs Crocodile, he was in the desert he had elemental advantage, how could he have lost, but luffy used his weakness of water

Zoro vs. Kuma. I had mad respect for zoro in t that fight, zoro taking luffy's taking and fatigue, was admoirable

Mr. 3 helping luffy, I thought he did not care at all.

Usopp leaving the crew, that was quite sad and his fight with luffy was sad as well

I started reading one piece religiously after I saw the luffy and crocodile's fight on youtube. Then I saw Enies Lobby arc, the rest is history

What is your favorite quote
    "If I can't protect my captain then my dream is nothing but talk" by Zoro talking to Kuma

One piece rules I am glad I gave it a chance due to naruto's and bleach becoming a disappointment
    Last edited by Truefan21; February 02, 2010 at 12:58 AM.
    For those who thank forums are for praise and worship think again http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=157

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy's song in skypiea was really funny....

" the islands in the south are warm
    paina puru puru
    their heads are really hot,
    and they're all idiots"
    " the islands in the north are cold,
    hyakkoi koikoi,
    their heads are really cold,
    and they're all idiots"

In the beginnig when mihawk says to zoro " surpass me roronoa zoro!".

When franky uses his stupid centaur from against nero-the new CP9 recruit.

Luffy Vs. Blueno.... i watched this fight many times.

Luffy against Ao Kiji.

Luffy ordering ussop to burn that flag..and not giving a rat's ass about it.

Alvida...i didn't exactly expect to see her skating on her slim figure.

Ussop's fight against luffy was pretty emo...everything regarding going merry was
    pretty emo if you ask me.

No. I heard about it from a friend and i liked the very idea of pirates.
    I started reading it when the Thriller bark arc was going on.
    It's been around three years now that i'm following onepiece and i have no doubts
    as to which is the best manga ever!!! ONE PIECE ROCKS

edited out spoilers /Kaiten
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 09, 2010 at 08:28 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Magjee's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

When Usoop challenged Luffy and left the crew

Whiskey Peak, when the bounty hunters welcomed them in.
    I almost died laughing when they showed Luffy eating.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/107/04/

The Enies Lobby Arc, so badass.

Luffy and Fox, funny though.

Luffy and Bellamy. One hit KO.

Kuma.

Zorro sacrificing himself to Kuma for Luffy.

Coby

Robin begging her mom not to leave ;(

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the series? Are you an early fan ?
    Unfortunately not, just caught up recently.

DR. Hiluluk's death speech.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Strawhats being separated.

Always, when Luffy is underestimated by enemies or people, because he looks like a innocent weak child sometimes.

Luffy facing up to Arlong, that really drove the bitch-fish crazy. And Luffy hitting trough the metal armed coat of Don Krieg.

Luffy against the bamboo sticks in the Foxy fight.

Luffy against Bellamy, Zoro against Mr.1, Luffy against lots of small fry.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fuuma Shuriken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

ace being rogers son
    that brooke knows laboon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOEMe...eature=related

What is the coolest event for you ?pfff there's been some cool stuff
    1. Zorro using nitouryuu iai Rashomon for the first time
    2. ace vs blackbeard
    3. Shishi sonson
    4. Urusu shock
    5. Yata no kagami
    6. luffy PWNING rob lucci

u name it

luffy vs that noro noro beam idiot - foxy

ye i think luffy vs rob lucci

1. Luffy's crew Vs. pacifita's, kuma , Kizaru and sentoumaru
    2. Ussop vs luffy

Zorro taking luffy's pain: "nothing.... nothing at all"

lol coby, he turned out to be a playboy

Luffy yelling after beating arlong: Nami, omae wa ore no nakama da!
    Robin yelling she wants to life
    leaving and burning merry
    Brooke finding out luffy has met laboon and he's still waiting

following it since i was twelve, approximately 7 years now

Wapol: "You've come here to die, Dr. Hiruluk"

Hiruluk: "What? ...Thank goodness, no one's sick here."
    I thought for sure the country was in trouble. How about that...I was just being fooled."

Wapol: "The most important thing for this country is to have you dead! Ignore him and fire!"

Hiruluk: "Don't bother. You can't kill me.
    Yo, when do you think people die?
    When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
    No.
    When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
    No.
    When they drink a soup made of a poisonous mushroom!?
    No!
    It's when...they are forgotten.
    Even after I'm gone, my dream will come true. The ailing hearts of the people will be cured.
    Why are you crying Dalton?"

Dalton: "Do you think...a country is the same?"

Hiruluk: "If the will is inherited.
    A monster will be coming here soon, he's my son. Don't touch him.
    Don't worry, Chopper.
    Your mushroom isn't going to kill me.
    This has truly been a wonderful life!
    Thank you, Chopper!
    "Shishi Sonson"

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

probably repeating things, but I'm gonna say it anyway ... Ace being Roger's son
    Haha Camie's first appearance, Duval part...
    papag's song...
    hito desu ka? Hito desu kedo, hitode da yo hahahaha
    HAHHhH and Sanji's reaction remembering the first mermaid.. that whole chapter and the ones after that, fighting duval...
    ah, Kokoro oba-san being a mermaid was funny as wel!
    the wb vs. marines tops everything so far...
    beside that... I loved the Shanks and WB clash... and everything involving the main BB, Ace plot...
    Usopp vs. Perona
    enjoyable fight? lets see... I loved Luffy fighting beside Kid and Law
    Luffy +nakama against Kuma, Kizaru etc on Shabondy island... I was shocked...
    Luffy punching the tenryubito
    Crocodile, he made a 180 during the ID and the current arc
    I loved Luffy picking a fight with the government and saving Robin
    "Say you wanna live"
    also Bon-chan sacrificing himself, it WAS kinda sad...
    and the goodbye to Mary ...never thought that a ship would make me that emotional
    nope, It's not that long ago that I read it for the first time .... I totally fell in love with it!!!
    I love Brook's skull jokes xDDD hohohohohohoh

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast