Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Jyushiro Ukitake VS Melee combat fighters

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jyushiro Ukitake VS Melee combat fighters

I'm pretty curious about this,basically because Jushiro's shikai can only reflect kido based attack beside being a dual wielder zanpakotou.....
    So,while a fight against Kenpachi or Byakuya can become really harsh....a fight against Hitsu/Old Yama/Halibel can become quite easier from a certain point of view.....
    What do u guys think?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jyushiro Ukitake VS Melee combat fighters

i get the feeling that ukitakes shikai may have a second ability, an offensive ability.

edit: i hope its lightning bolts. HOPE!
    Last edited by conn-man; January 09, 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake still have superior speed to most characters, also part of melee combat is dependant on reiatsu, which I'm sure Ukitake has plenty of. Whether he is as proficient as the likes of Yamamoto and Shunsui in terms of skills we'll have to wait and see. I'm confident though that he'd turn out to be an all-rounder much like Aizen, who doesn't just have hax ability alone.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake has shown to be a proficient Kido user, so he probably can use sheilds and stuff to guard himself or even attack/immobilize.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake's shikai has somewhat been explained. I don't remember when it was explicitly stated it can only redirect Kido, though. I'd assume it has a second ability.

And, like stated above, he's probably one of the top Kido users in the series. Given what we've seen Aizen be capable of with Kido (MAGIC MYSTERY NECK SHIELD!), I'd say he'd be able to defend himself.

Though I will say, he's one of the Big 4 captains... and he's the one who's done the least impressively combat-wise, (Yeah I know Wonderweiss caught him by surprise, and we're not quite sure of WW's true power, but it's still the only considerable injury one of the Big 4 has taken). It's a shame because he's probably my favorite Captain, I'd like to see him fight more.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Scream View Post
    Ukitake's shikai has somewhat been explained. I don't remember when it was explicitly stated it can only redirect Kido, though. I'd assume it has a second ability.

And, like stated above, he's probably one of the top Kido users in the series. Given what we've seen Aizen be capable of with Kido (MAGIC MYSTERY NECK SHIELD!), I'd say he'd be able to defend himself.

Though I will say, he's one of the Big 4 captains... and he's the one who's done the least impressively combat-wise, (Yeah I know Wonderweiss caught him by surprise, and we're not quite sure of WW's true power, but it's still the only considerable injury one of the Big 4 has taken). It's a shame because he's probably my favorite Captain, I'd like to see him fight more.
    I don't think what WW did could be considered a surprise attack. WW was right in front of him and sonidoed behind ukitake. Ukitake did not expect this but considering he was looking right at WW I doubt he had his guard down. WW was simply way to fast for poor old sickly ukitake.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uki never explained his zanpaktou's abilities. in fact he never said anything. it was starks making inferences the whole time.
    I mean, we all thought shunsui's abilities were wind based but really it is game based. i think we will get another crazy powerful zanpaktou from uki. i say he has the abilities to negate another's abilties once absorbed.

Uki is one of my favorites too. In reference to WW, he let his guard down b/c WW is a kid. Bad mistake. i have a feeling he will be healed then he will be the one to fight WW. He will force WW to release then b4 their fight is finished they are interrupted and the fight gets postponed

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rainl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Uki is one of my favorites too. In reference to WW, he let his guard down b/c WW is a kid. Bad mistake.
    It's a shame not many people can understand that and we obviously know Ukitake's viewpoint in regards to kids, even if they are enemies and are on a battlefield(see Lilynette). Sure, he should take everyone seriously since they're in a "war" -- still doesn't change the fact that it's persona, regardless of whether it nearly cost him his life or not.

As far as the topic goes: We don't have nearly enough info on Ukitake to know how he would do against melee. I doubt we've even seen what all his shikai can do. Just look at Shunsui's. Remember, Yamamoto explicitly stated that he taught them both on how to expand their powers. Ukitake should logically have as many abilities as Shunsui if that's the case.
    Last edited by Rainl; February 01, 2010 at 04:45 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is pure speculation, but an interesting notion I had was that he could actually manipulate kinetic energy through his swords the same as raw energy. Essentially that perhaps he could block with one sword, and all the force from that attack would then transfer through to the other sword which he could then use as a counter. It would certainly lend itself to his poor physical condition as it would essentially allow him to be as powerful as his opponents attacks could be and not rely so much of his raw physical strength.

New Reply