Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chihayafuru by SUETSUGU Yuki

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Josei] Chihayafuru by SUETSUGU Yuki

Chapter 15 was one of my favorite recent chapters.

Spoiler show

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RyuzakiRen's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsubasa Re: [Josei] Chihayafuru by SUETSUGU Yuki

Lazy Ass Scans Looking for Translators for some mangas. Ecchi and Hentai too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nodamechi's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i so LOVE this series!! I find it a very original story, and to be honest since I've been researching a bit waka poems, this manga makes them look interesting under a different point of view. Can't wait to read the next chapters

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

When I started the series I didn't expect that I'd come to love a manga categorized as "sports manga". But then again it wasn't about Karuta specifically, but about how such a game managed to move the hearts of so many people. Loving it very much.

I have a question, though. I'm finished with chapter 43 now, but after searching around (and at MangaUpdates too) there is not chapter 44. The next release is chapter 48, and then it jumps to chapter 90~ or something. Scans are also done by different groups. Is it true that no one scanned and translated the chapters in between or are they hidden somewhere?

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I have a question, though. I'm finished with chapter 43 now, but after searching around (and at MangaUpdates too) there is not chapter 44. The next release is chapter 48, and then it jumps to chapter 90~ or something. Scans are also done by different groups. Is it true that no one scanned and translated the chapters in between or are they hidden somewhere?
    I don't know the reason why chapter 48 is there, but there are two different groups doing Chihayafuru right now. TDX is catching up with the publication of Japanese release while Lazy Ass is doing the early chapter with irregular interval. I presume that the chapter from 43 to 90 would be the done by Lazy Ass, so yeah, probably you have to wait more in order to read those remaining chapters gap.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Lazyass release are extremely irregular unfortunately. Maybe it's worth watching the anime for once. Does someone know what part of the manga does the season 2 correspond to?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Lazyass release are extremely irregular unfortunately. Maybe it's worth watching the anime for once. Does someone know what part of the manga does the season 2 correspond to?
    The 2nd season starts with the recruitment of freshman to the Karuta club, if i'm not mistaken that part has been scanlated as well.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    The 2nd season starts with the recruitment of freshman to the Karuta club, if i'm not mistaken that part has been scanlated as well.
    As far as I know, it hasn't. That's why I'm still not reading the manga.

Lazyass scans stop around the duel for the master position (won by Suoh Meijin) and TDX picks it up when

Spoiler show

So right now everything shown in the anime hasn't been scanlated yet, at least I can't find any translated scans out there.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Very unfortunate. I didn't research properly before I started reading the series. nii-kun is correct about where the scanlation by LazyAss stopped. I haven't checked the next chapters though, the jump was too big and I was afraid I'd spoil myself for the anime. I guess it is indeed better to stick with the anime, since reading the manga so far and comparing it to the anime, it has been pretty faithful. I think the anime decreased some screen time for Arata, which is actually quite interesting for exploration of his character.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chihayafuru Creator Auctions Chance to Appear in Manga

Quote Quote:
    An auction is currently being held by Chihayafuru manga creator Yuki Suegetsu (Flower of Eden) that gives the winning bidder the right to appear in the Chihayafuru manga. Suegetsu has listed possible roles as rivals, classmates, karuta teachers or students, and is open to requests to choose which character they want to be in the same scene with. All profits from the auction will go to helping those affected by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster. The bidding began at 5,000 yen (about US$52), but as of Tuesday is at 100,000 yen (about US$1050). The auction will end on Wednesday at 8:04 p.m.
    Aww, how sweet ;__;

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    If I have the chance to appear as the main character of one of the most popular current manga, US$1050 seems like a fair deal. Not sure my face would fit the josei-ish art of Chihayafuru though.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    If I have the chance to appear as the main character of one of the most popular current manga, US$1050 seems like a fair deal. Not sure my face would fit the josei-ish art of Chihayafuru though.
    Main character? I thought it is supposed to be just a minor, side character. I agree though, i would pay that though i doubt my looks would fit in a manga that is supposed to play in Japan and is supposed to be about a Japanese game.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Main character? I thought it is supposed to be just a minor, side character. I agree though, i would pay that though i doubt my looks would fit in a manga that is supposed to play in Japan and is supposed to be about a Japanese game.
    That's why I said "If" at the beginning. Being a minor character and paying US$1050 seems a little bit too much, if it's not because its charity purpose. I mean, I couldn't imagine myself has big eyelashes and eyes like shoujo characters.. it's just an unfitting depiction of my physical appearance

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, just heads up for those who are waiting for releases in proper chapter order like me, there are scan groups who made Chihayafuru their joint project. And they will work on the missing chapters, starting from chapter 44. It's up to chapter 45 now. So happy to know that, I hope we'll see steady releases of Chihayafuru! Although the plot covered so far I've seen in the anime, it's a good refreshing and I still wanna see how it's originally shown in the manga. There are moments we don't see in the anime which add more depth to the plot and characters so it's a yay. <3

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast