Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Durarara!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Durarara!! anime

well I suppose Brains Base deserved a success after the colossal failure that was Baccano >__>

but Drrrr did turn out to be pretty good, the firs 13 or so episodes were excellent but I think it took a nosedive in quality during the Saika arc. It was fairly dull until it hit the climax but the yellow scarves finale was great if a bit anti-climactic

Loved how Simon punched Izaya at the end :3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Was Baccano a failure? Such a shame. I have a friend who is a fan of Baccano, but doesn't like Durarara that much. Anyways i came here to show some love to the great anime that Durarara is. I love the writer, fan of both of his works. Btw i don't know if i had seen the season 2 of durarara. I saw upto the point when one of the main character went away with his girlfriend and joined dollars online.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well taste differ, I for one say Drr is better than Baccano, not that Baccano is a failure but Drr is better. PPL in BD are mad fans of Bacano you should have seen it already Drr to them was "not so good"

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just begun watching the first season of DRRR since some of my friends were actively recommending it to me. I'm still as far as episode 5, but so far I enjoyed it quite much. DRRR is told through various point of views; that makes the story interesting. We get to see how the current situations are related to the characters' past or feelings, and that they all seemed to be connected to each other; everything is suspicious. Izaya and Shizu-chan are still the main awesomeness, though, lol. I truly love that scene where they met up with each other as Shizuo gave Izaya a 'gift'. XDD

In addition, the soundtrack is aweeesomee~

Hopefully I can catch up with more episodes soon enough. ^^

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

*looks at the date of my last post and looks at today's date* Shame on me for taking so long with this series.

Anyhow, I managed to finish watching DRRR first season yesterday night! It was a great journey, I enjoyed it although sometimes finding myself confused with the plot and characters, especially the alien Izaya for turning people against each other and claiming that he did it based on love. How typical of Izaya. XD

The first arc related to Celty was interesting. The revelation about The Dollars was the most surprising thing as I didn't give it a think that much (I didn't pay attention to the chatters' voices until Nuno pointed it out~ XD). The second arc about The Slasher was the most so-so part of the anime, in my opinion. Rather boring and unclear. Even after the end of that arc, the information given about the old and new 'Mother' was still rather confusing. XD What I enjoyed the most is the last arc, about how our three protagonists collided with each own problem~ I also like how the other characters supported them along the way, it was fun and clever at the same time. Also to see how The Dollars' members cooperated to save a bunny, very cute~ XDD

A small process going on my mind once when I was watching it...

Spoiler show

I'll go to check the second season as soon as I can get a proper connection for massive downloads. I wonder if the second season would cover more about Celty's head and whatever-plan-is-going-on inside Izaya's mind. ^^

P.S.: Awesome soundtracks are awesome. The first OP and ED are the best for me, as well as several background musics. But in general, the soundtrack was a great work!

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you enjoyed it, phio! Unfortunately it has been so long since I watched it so I can't recall specific events. I agree with you though that the Slasher Arc wasn't as interesting as the first half. It's understandable since the anime is based on a series of novels.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'll go to check the second season as soon as I can get a proper connection for massive downloads. I wonder if the second season would cover more about Celty's head and whatever-plan-is-going-on inside Izaya's mind. ^^
    I never knew there was/is (?) a second season so thank you for informing me.

Quote Quote:
    P.S.: Awesome soundtracks are awesome. The first OP and ED are the best for me, as well as several background musics. But in general, the soundtrack was a great work!
    Normally anime soundtracks are overlooked, but the one in Durarara really stood out! It emphasized the atmosphere of the story and setting very well- jazzy but not too jazzy that it would seem like New Orleans rather than Ikebukuro.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I never knew there was/is (?) a second season so thank you for informing me.
    Oh, no, I'm sorry. My fault there, I thought there is a second season. In fact after searching around there is no second season, but fans made petition about having more of the story since there are still points to be explored. Sorry about the confusion. >__<

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Normally anime soundtracks are overlooked, but the one in Durarara really stood out! It emphasized the atmosphere of the story and setting very well- jazzy but not too jazzy that it would seem like New Orleans rather than Ikebukuro.
    I agree. The soundtracks feel much in contrast with the story and the city. Ikebukuro is shown as a place rather.. scary and dark throughout the story, lightened up through what the characters saw and experienced. Yet I found the songs fun, lovely, and calming. Even on important moments. Though in contrast they supported the plot well. I love it. :3

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Durarara!!

So I decided to rewatch DRRR again for the 3rd, 4th or 5th time (I lose track), and I just finished rewatching the first episode.
    I. Cannot. Get. Over. The. Amazing. Cast.
    To be completely honest, I picked it up back when it first aired due to the all-star cast, but then the plot, the characters and the OST completely won me over.
    I never really paid attention to the very minor characters before, but I took the time to look at the cast list in the ED for the seiyuu of the human traffickers, since I thought they sounded kind of familiar. Who were they? Matsukaze Masaya, Ito Kentaro and Iguchi Yuuichi. I died fangirling. Apart from the awesome main cast, they even have these guys voicing the minor characters who only appear in a couple of episodes with very little screen time. I feel the need to glomp and profusely thank the casting director.
    Aaannyyway, back to rewatching. o/

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3