Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kagijin by TANAKA Yasuki

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Kagijin by TANAKA Yasuki

Kagijin by TANAKA Yasuki
    Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
    Series begins in WSJ 2008 #33 (release date 13 July 2009)

About the series:
    From the one shot:One-shot in Akamaru Jump Winter 2009 issue (1/10/09), to be serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump effective 7/2009. To be free like a swallow out of its bird cage, that’s what Tsubame sees in his eyes. In the East Asian Desert, #13 Salvage Camp, Tsubame works as a metal scrap collector as he tries to earn enough money to travel on his own, like a free swallow. But one day a girl was found buried inside sand and she has a key hole on her wrist, the symbol of a Kagijin, one who posses demonic powers that can withstand that of an army. The empire who kept her as a slave arrives to retrieve her, however Tsubame refuses to hand her over and promises her that he will free her. How will he do so? And what significance is there to the key that hangs around his monkey's neck? Read and find out!

About the Author:
    TANAKA Yasuki has already published in WSJ with the series Hitomi no Catoblepas early cancelled in the magazine.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; July 25, 2009 at 02:22 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Negative Syndicate

Re: [NEWCOMER]Kagijin by TANAKA Yasuki

I pretty liked this series as compared to their one shot. The art is become much better than before and I liked about not fighting other Kagijin until next chapter, it's like first arc of Toriko, Galala Alligator arc.

Also, it looks like the author changed monkey to dolphin, and changed the heroine.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think this series started better than his previous one - hitomi no catoblepas. Based on the raw only, it looks quite interesting. The heroine looks nice and the protagonist looks better than in the one shot. His art has indeed improved. This starts better than akaboshi imo. It has the potential but I'll hold my breath because you never know
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Negative Syndicate

Does anyone know that art of Kagijin is different from hitomi no catoblepas? Or is it just my imagination?

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muwlove View Post
    Does anyone know that art of Kagijin is different from hitomi no catoblepas? Or is it just my imagination?
    Well it's more solid than hitomi no catoblepas. There's some improvement imo. Maybe it's always better to check out for yourself because we all differ in opinions
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

is it me or jilda looks like caska from berserk? only hair style is different

anyways I like teh first chapter more alot than one-shot I hope it gunna not get axed
    known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

What? I'm a bit confused now.
    I have read the raw for the first chapter after having read the oneshot. And I liked the changes to it - the story seemed to be more complex and original, characters - more original and thought out.
    But one thung completely threw me off - the new design of protagonist. Come on, can it get any worse? And he was so well designed in the oneshot - a real nomad of the desert, with that cloth on the head and other details. And now I simply can not look athim without giving a facepalm! Sheesh.
    And his power chaged. Oh yeah, a sword. Come on, you open a keyhole on your hand and a sword comes out? Sheesh.
    And that captain is a cat? What, cat people again?

So yeah, this has some potential to it. Though only if the main hero has some series make over. Or dies in a horrible accident.
    I guess, I will keep my eyes on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

The translation is out. Let's hope that a quality scan comes out too! The changes between the one-shot and the actual series are ok with me except one thing; the hero's ability! Why make him having a sword? It is so cliche and the fights with swords aren't so awesome. And what happened to the bird (the spirit-like)? (T_T) It was so damn cool!
    Last edited by Wasilis; July 11, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Negative Syndicate

Looks like some people don't like new design of Tsubame and his new form of ability. It's not that bad as what other people complain about. But, I think key changing into weapons, like katana or axe, reminds me of MÄR, although I didn't enjoy series as much.

And, Childa does looks like from Caska, for similar appearance and they both are in army. I think the author got new design for Childa from Berserk, or it maybe just a coincidense.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the char design change a lot. Based on that picture of the one shot, he looked like some nurse or doctor from ER. But that's of course an issue of personal taste.

I can't give an opinion on this chapter yet because a scan would make everything easier. But the concept with the keys, the weapons, the art, the world, etc it looks pretty good
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shadow-skill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never saw the oneshot, so I can't comment on the visual changes to the protagonist, but when I saw the female lead, I did think I was looking as Caska from Berserk... before Griffith screwed her (pun intended).

The one thing I do hope is that this doesn't turn into something like Blazer drive. Where the girl can't use the keys at first then can... seriously overdone. I'll keep checking and hoping for some originality.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Negative Syndicate

I just realized that Kagijin has similar background as Psyren, which in future, civilization are almost completely destroyed. Only difference is Psyren moves from present to future, and Kagijin is stay in future background.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that Kagijin has similar background as Psyren, which in future, civilization are almost completely destroyed. Only difference is Psyren moves from present to future, and Kagijin is stay in future background.
    Well tons of manga, movies, and books have used an apocalyptic future as a setting for the story.

In Psyren, thought, they go to the future to try to prevent it, while in Kagijin, the future is the present and there is no changing it.

So I think they differ more than they appear to.

Negative Syndicate

Wikipedia Japan indicated that Kagijin is science fiction manga because of its set up. But, I'm not sure it is SF manga. So does anyone know are there any SF manga in past Shonen Jump series, and if there are, are they successful?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wikipedia Japan indicated that Kagijin is science fiction manga because of its set up. But, I'm not sure it is SF manga. So does anyone know are there any SF manga in past Shonen Jump series, and if there are, are they successful?
    One that comes to mind was Waq Waq by the author of Houshin Engi. But it only lasted 4 volumes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast