Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    Ergo Proxy (ep. 1) - If it weren't for the last little snippet at the end I probably wouldn't even consider continuing because I thought it was pretty boring, but it did end on a rather good note to get me interested. The animation and artwork is really good in this one as well. I also like the voice work. I'm not hearing anything overbearing. I am finding things pretty confusing though.
    I watched it several months ago and liked it. Its interesting and built up after few episodes. So I would recommend you to keep watching it.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

just finished with Darker than Black. Absolutely loved it! the first season was more interesting than the second one but nevertheless well done. I can't wait to see a new season, the story is so fascinating and there are still a lot of things unknown. When I thought I would knew most of the stuff, new questions kept poping up. That's fascinating and annoying at the same time but that's definitely one of the big reasons why I'm dying to see a new season Someone's there who has any infos if/when there will be a new season?
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; September 05, 2010 at 03:37 PM.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there are some fans that don’t consider the following series an anime, but since I do consider it an anime series…

I just finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. I really enjoyed watching this series, it was great! The story was never boring and I would always find myself looking forward to the next episode. The OST was awesome as well; there are various songs from that OST that have become favs of mine. The character development for each one of the different main characters of this series was pretty good, but the one I liked the most was Zuko’s. I just loved the journey Zuko took throughout the whole series, and that is in fact one of the reasons why Zuko is my # 1 favorite character in Avatar. I liked various characters after Zuko so it’s hard for me to decide but if I really must choose then: # 2 Aang and Iroh, #3 Katara and Sokka and #4 Toph. Now regarding the romance in the series and the pairings, I do wish the development in that department would have been better. Some pairings happened just out of the blue, with zero or very little development, yes I know the main audience for which Avatar is towards to is boys, but still, I do wish the pairings would have been more properly developed. The only pairing that had a satisfactory development IMHO was Aang x Katara and that is why they are my favorite pairing from this series. I would have liked to see a little Zuko x Katara, I still think they had the potential to become a great pairing even if they didn’t end up as the final pairing in the series.

Now that I’ve finished watching Avatar, I’m planning to watch K-On! I know it’s very popular in the anime community, but it wasn’t until I listen to this song that this series really awaken my interest. Hopefully, I’ll enjoy watching it.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; September 11, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Biassed's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm!! Lets see,
    I am watching weekly aired anime for this fall. So far "Shiki" is promising. Like the horror, art, and quality. Nice Op music.
    From the Oldies, I am watching "GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class"
    For the Slice of Life anime fans, I recommend "Working".
    For the comedy fans, go for GTO
    You will not regret it.
    I watched "House of five leaves" Absolutely loved it. It was like going thru a short sweet novel.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biassed View Post
    Hmmm!! Lets see,
    I am watching weekly aired anime for this fall. So far "Shiki" is promising. Like the horror, art, and quality. Nice Op music.
    If you are watching “Shiki”, I would like to invite you to join us here. Shiki is an awesome anime and I would love for more people to join in the discussion of this series. The more, the merrier.

I finished watching "Ookami-san To Shichinin No Nakama-tachi" today and I've started to watch "K-On!". I'm in episode 6 now, and so far I'm enjoying "K-On!" very, very much. ^_^
    Last edited by destiny4ever; September 17, 2010 at 10:00 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

watched the remade story of NGE: Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0. The first one was good, the second movie was epic! I watched the first series a long time ago and thought it was a good anime but it had it's "disturbing" moments. Too much was unsolved and Shinji's/Asukas's monologue at the end freaked me out now the first movie was the same story as the original ep (nothing wrong with that) but they changed a damn lot in movie 2 and what can I say? It was great, the animation was pure gold and the story's even better than before because it removed the disturbing parts and added a new, very good storyline. I never liked Shinji but the movie changed my opinion because he was really impressive. I could go on about how much I loved the second movie but that's all for now (thanks again CBlitz, your review made me watch the two movies )
    can't wait to see the third!

now I'm not too sure what to watch next. Either Durarara or K-ON because there are a lot of people who liked these one's. Durarara's story looks nice but K-ON... I do not know, a story revolving around some moe girls looks more like fanservice than a good story to me Anyone here who could give me a better input about the Anime?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    now I'm not too sure what to watch next. Either Durarara or K-ON because there are a lot of people who liked these one's. Durarara's story looks nice but K-ON... I do not know, a story revolving around some moe girls looks more like fanservice than a good story to me Anyone here who could give me a better input about the Anime?
    I'm also on the fence about watching K-ON. I've heard a lot about it, but I'm not sure if it's something I'll spend time watching since I had to cut my watching/reading list as it is.

As for Durarara, I highly recommend it. The beginning half of the series may seem slow, but the plot picks up pace in the latter half. Remember that it's based on an ongoing novel series so be lenient with the ending. I'm confident and hopeful that it'll get a second season. *crosses fingers*

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I'm also on the fence about watching K-ON. I've heard a lot about it, but I'm not sure if it's something I'll spend time watching since I had to cut my watching/reading list as it is.

As for Durarara, I highly recommend it. The beginning half of the series may seem slow, but the plot picks up pace in the latter half. Remember that it's based on an ongoing novel series so be lenient with the ending. I'm confident and hopeful that it'll get a second season. *crosses fingers*
    yeah me's the same, I just do not know if K-ON's worth watching. Maybe des-chan can give us an impression about the Anime when she reads the thread

Watched the first Episode from Durarara and it looks good so far. I will take your advice and watch further

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can highly recommend K-ON!
    I totally love it and the animation is nice too.I don't know if everyone will like it,but i for one have to say that it is one of the best anime i ever watched.It's just my opinion,though,so you should not be surprised if you don't like it

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently rewatching Hajime No Ippo ...
    I have never laughed while watching an anime as much as I did while watching Hajime no Ippo!
    Also, the non-comedy parts are insanely serious. The fights are well done and the characters are unique!
    I couldn't believe that Mamoru Takamura has the same voice actor as Yamato from Naruto! that guy can be extremely funny and he changes his voice as if he's another person xD
    I suggest everyone who havent watched Ippo, to watch it as soon as they can. It's a masterpiece.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I started and finished watching Kimi ni Todoke which was better than I expected it to be. One of my favorite Shoujo for sure.

I've also been watching Seitokai Yakuindomo which has the voices of Mio and Ritsu of K-on as its main characters. I think it's funny how this anime has a lot of risque behavior and double meaning jokes.

Not to sure what I'll watch next :/...

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I might rewatch Lovely Complex this week.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the second season of K-ON is much better than the first. Its funnier, better episodes, better music and has more Ritsu and Mugi. None of that forced drama crap that they pulled at the end of first season, which really ended up ruining it imo

and I'm finally gonna go and pick GitS: SAC. Dunno why I haven't watched this already though. Have to finish Nanoha first, which is probably the best Mahou Shoujo ever lol
    Last edited by CBlitz; September 26, 2010 at 06:54 PM.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    finished Durarara! a few minutes ago and you're right, it's great! a second season definitely would be appreciated

@googlez if you like it, there's a good chance it will be good so I will give it a try!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching Midori Days (Midori no Hibi). I find this anime really funny & entertaining even though its a bit weird that the main character has a small girl in his right hand.

Going to watch next are OVAs, Tsubasa Chronicles: Shunraiki (the only TRC anime i've not able to watch) and Gatekeepers 21.

New Reply
Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast