Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Just finished Baccano!, it was very confusing in the beginnig, but its an awesome series. Makes me want to read the novels, because the series felt so short...
    Currently watching To Aru Majutsu no Index and To aru Kagaku no Railgun, planning to watch Durarara!! after that.
    Eden of the East and rewatching some old series like Noir and X is also on my list.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I agree, I like Holo's personality and her character the most.

I haven't seen a character like her or close to her in any anime that makes her interesting to watch
    and her tail is so adorable too.
    Lawrence's character also start developing over time.

I've finished season 2 and really enjoyed it although sometimes I need to stop myself from watching the next episode
    in order to analyze what I've just watched(some parts were confusing).
    But really, I recommend Spice and wolf to everyone because I'm pretty sure that you'll love the couple(I adore them, esp holo).

Now..I start to hope for a season 3 .
    while obviously not exactly the same as Holo (and Lawrence), if you want another great couple where the girl teases (well "insults"-hehe) the guy, and jsut a great anime, then watch:

Big O anime

Dorothy R. Wayneright and Roger Smith make such an adorable couple, their dialogue and inter-actions are just amazing as well.

Dorothy: "You're such a louse Roger Smith!"

----------

Also, another great couple, while not similar to Holo's flirtatious teasing nor Dorothy's "insulting", it's the one of the best "couples" (well father~daughter relationship, so not technically an actual couple, lol) and sooo emotional too and just awesomness!

Solty Rei anime

(Solty and Roy, as well as Rose, have just incredibly dialogue and interactions)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 23, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just finished Kimi ni Todoke now, wee! Ah, a sweet journey. Now I'm going to continue with Umineko no Naku Koro ni, I think. Actually I've downloaded three first episodes of Steins;Gate and I've watched one, but I'm still confused... I'm thinking whether I should continue watching it or not. :|

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think i'll have time for anime watching soon so I'll drop whatever completed animes I have on my list
    and focus on the ongoing ones that I'm currently
    watching, namely:
    Steins;Gate
    Gintama'
    Hanasaku Iroha
    and Sket dance.
    Dropping naruto shippuden and fairy tail temporary which will run a long time and will catch up soon after the exams.
    The same for gosick, I know I should make the effort to catch up to the 5-6 episodes left and that it already ended.. but like the rest, I need to watch it at one go.

Putting AnoHana on hold, a real shame that I didn't get to watch and discuss it with the rest of the ffers and members.
    Last edited by Zeltrax; July 02, 2011 at 09:27 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Not watching anything 'completed' for a long time, been too busy for that.

On-going series that I'm following are:

Beelzebub
    Blood-C
    Usagi Drop
    SKET Dance
    Cardfight!! Vanguard (reminds me of pokemon, digimon etc -- cliches)

-kinda watching when I get the mood-

Deadman Wonderland (I started reading the manga after watching the first episode. BIG MISTAKE. I can't get into the anime now because the story is still fresh in my mind.)
    Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen (somehow Kaiji is getting on my nerves, or maybe the suspense gets on my nerves)

Fairytail (same as below)
    One Piece (I love OP but I can't follow it weekly, it kills me to wait)

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished watching Paranoia Agent today- it's a trippy but really good series! I'm going to try Big O and Last Exile in between the other titles I'm keeping track of.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ooooo, definately watch Big O !!!!!, hehe.

If you don't like it (do you like batman, as it shares so much with batman aspects, lol), give it a bit more patience... as it's full plot and secrets don't come until a bit later into it

it gets really good, especially the growing relationship between Roger and Dorothy, grins
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked both Big O and Last Exile, though if you have to pick one i'd agree with HegemonKhan go for Big O.

---------------------------------

Just got done watching Gosick. Pretty good, though i can't say i loved the wrap up at the end

The only series i'm actively watching at the moment are

- Tiger & Bunny (which continues to exceed my expectations)
    - Gintama

Next up.

- Ao no Exorcist
    Last edited by Jammin; July 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    ooooo, definately watch Big O !!!!!, hehe.

If you don't like it (do you like batman, as it shares so much with batman aspects, lol), give it a bit more patience... as it's full plot and secrets don't come until a bit later into it

it gets really good, especially the growing relationship between Roger and Dorothy, grins
    I haven't found the chance to start yet, but your words motivate me to watch. I actually love Batman (Christopher Nolan's films) so I can't wait to see the similarities. I also prefer a slower paced series compared to a fast one so everything sounds perfect! There's shipping material too? Even better.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I haven't found the chance to start yet, but your words motivate me to watch. I actually love Batman (Christopher Nolan's films) so I can't wait to see the similarities. I also prefer a slower paced series compared to a fast one so everything sounds perfect! There's shipping material too? Even better.
    Now I'm curious too. Nolan's Batman films were great and if the series shares some similitaries it would be fairly interesting! I may give it a try when I find the time.

Watched the Higashi no Eden series + the two films. It was a good series with a lot of suspense and a very interesting premise/concept
    It has a few minor failings but overall it was very enjoyable and entertaining till the end.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Watched the Higashi no Eden series + the two films. It was a good series with a lot of suspense and a very interesting premise/concept
    It has a few minor failings but overall it was very enjoyable and entertaining till the end.
    I tried the anime only, can't bring myself to watch the films. The plot was... I don't know, as if, until the end, I wasn't really sure what this story wanted to show me. XD

Thinking to watch Itsuka Tenma now. Just for the sake of the ED singer, Akiko Shikata, though. :3

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I tried the anime only, can't bring myself to watch the films. The plot was... I don't know, as if, until the end, I wasn't really sure what this story wanted to show me. XD
    Yup I get what you mean, I felt the same way. It's just that I was too curious to see how the story would unfold, as there were a lot of unanswered questions when the anime ended. I wouldn't say the story was great but still entertaining. The final ending in movie 2 was fine with me but I still got the feeling that they didn't really know where to go with the story. The concept had a lot of potential so I would say they did a so-so job.

Currently watching a lot:

Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou (so far a big lot better than the first season)

Sacred Seven (entertaining but as of now nothing special)

No.6 (story seems interesting but it could turn out either way, it's too early to judge it now)

Kamisama Dolls (the premise and the suspense is good but the story's progress is a bit slow)

Usagi Drop (very pleased with it, could be my fav anime of the season )

Tried Kamisama no Memou-chou and Dantalian no Shoka but both turned out rather boring, at least their respective first episode

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started watching The Count of Monte Cristo. It has a really cool and interesting animation style, but the story is a little boring so far.

Next, I am going to watch Chobits.

You are probably wondering why I am watching these random and kind of old anime. It is because they are both free on Funimation On Demand. I pretty much watch any anime that is on tv. I hate watching shows on the computer.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Chobits (only seen some episodes) and Count of Monte Cristo (seen most episodes) are decent, Chobits is quite enjoyable hehe, and you're right that Monte Cristo is a bit boring, but it does pick up with some much more enjoyable episodes, hehe

-------------

the tv shows on funimation, are my trailers/advertising/"test drive" for animes, lol. I watch the episode(s) of various animes on tv deciding whether I like them or not, when I'd otherwise not even know or care about them otherwise. I found some good animes that I wouldn't have realized if I hadn't watched an episode of it on tv, hehe.

---------- Post added August 02, 2011 at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was July 24, 2011 at 05:40 PM ----------

Wow, I've been watching Rideback, it's fkn awesome! but it's only 12 episodes, though it's a perfectly well done 12 episode series, I jsut wish it was longer, hehe, as Rideback is really fkn awesome!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 24, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still following Ao no Exorcist, BLOOD-C, Steins;Gate, Dantalian no Shoka, and No. 6 at the moment. Might drop No. 6 and BLOOD-C if it turns out disappointing, though. The next anime I'm planning to watch is Kara no Kyoukai! But the size is too big that I'm not sure if I really have to download it, despite all good comments I received about this anime. :3

New Reply
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast