Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

I tend to wait for a bit after new series come out, so I can read reviews/opinions like in this thread. It also has the advantage I can watch the whole show in one go when it already ended.

I heard about Katanagatari a while ago, but forgot about it unfortunately...Thanks for reminding me!

Katanagataris art style reminds me of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, which I also plan to watch. There are only 9 episodes of the first season subbed in German, so I will have to search for English subs. I have the same problem with the last 4 episodes of Durarara!!, which is the sole reason I didn't watch it yet.

Something I just realized is that I especially like animes that are adapted from light novels. I don't know why, but most of the series I liked and watched recently belong to that group ( Index/Toradora/Baccano/etc.).
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; April 16, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would watch E7 first too, due to music being a one of the strong points of the anime, as well as the windsurfing and aerial fights/moves. The manga started before the anime and ended after the anime conclusion, so it will most likely have a different ending.

Isin Nisio not only created Katanagatari, but a lot of other currently famous works.

About to finish BRS, Kill Me Baby, Inu × Boku SS, Ano Natsu de Matteru, Rinne no Lagrange and Nisemonogatari to make some room for the good looking spring season. Loved the new style of the new Lupin 3rd/Fujiko series, Sankarea had a nice start. Will try Nazo no Kanojo X for it's oldschool look, Sakamichi no Apollon and Uchuu Kyoudai for the plot. Will let me suprise myself with Tasogare Otome X Amnesia, Accel World and Shirokuma Cafe. ... not to forget Yurumates 3D, liked the OVA, will try this one too, don't know what to think about it being 3D though.

I will just predict, that half of those series will end in the back log, together with a couple dozen ... hundred other anime.

[-]: done
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an anime for Inu x Boku SS?

After doing a little search, it seems that it only covers the first ten chapters, right? Damn, another one for the list

Oh, and how could I forget Nazo no Kanojo X? I like the manga very much, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Kill Me Baby, too.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Their are actually quite a few differences between the Eureka Seven manga and the anime. The ending, characters and quite a few plot points were altered significantly; *SPOILERS*here's a full list for anybody curious*SPOILERS*

-------------------------------

That's very interesting about Isin Nisio, I didn't know Katanagatari was his work but that makes a lot of sense considering how good the dialogue was. Some of the best scenes are just characters talking. His dialogue is magic.

What I meant, when I said "not related" though was that it's not part of the Monogatari series(Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari).
    Last edited by Jammin; April 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jamesem92's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding it hard to catch up to any anime at the moment, manga is just so much easier, especially as I can just read it in much lunch break at work.

Currently I'm watching Naruto Shippuuden (I'm on about episode 50ish)
    and trying to keep up with Bleach. I'm watching it dubbed so I'm at a filler point (The Zanpakuto Arc) and it's just so long! I want them to get back to the espanda and I'm losing interest in it slowly.

I'm also watching Dragon Ball with my girlfriend, and I always get things watched quicker with her than by myself.

After I catch up with Naruto Shipuuden I think I'll try some the classics like Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell, not sure which to go for yet though.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Both are great, but with CB you will get a one season + one movie experience, while GitS produced multiple seasons, spins-offs, movies. Why don't you just skip the fillers and wait for the canon episodes to be dubbed, much easier to handle with my mind, and it will never get you in conflict in the manga discussion. :P Are you watching the original version of DB or Kai? Don't turture her through the fillerish episodes.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jamesem92's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I think I'll go for CB first then, as I think I need the shorter of the two.
    But I'll be sure to watch them both, thanks for the info.

If only I could, but I'm one of those people that can't skip episodes.
    I mean, I want to know how it ends, and it's not a bad filler as such, it's just so damn long. Espeically when it's an epsiode a week and I'm excited for other things, but I'll stick it out.....
    *sigh*

At the moment we're just watching the original Dragon Ball, not Z (or Kai), once that's over we'll watch some other things (She'll no doubt want to watch a couple of Shojo first, which is always a nice change of pace if they're good ones) before we watch Z.
    I'm too attached to the original to watch Kai, since I've heard the theme tune is different and that was pretty much the theme to my childhood.
    And I'd love nothing more than to skip Garlic Jr. etc... since I saw them as a child, but she's even worse for seeing every tiny bit as I am, and I doubt she'll want to skip them...

... no matter how much I warn her.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

DB, Bleach and Shojo

DB was my "childhood", and I would still prefer a trimed version[watching those minute long flashbacks from the last episode is quiet nervewrecking^^], reading it would be much fast and a better experience IMO, but that's your choice. You want to end what you started, that's the way I watch anime too, but you could just skip the next filler, browsing for the filler list and skipping those parts altogether. I'm done with Bleach, missing [298-342], will have to skim through the content list to look up the omakes/specials. jamesem92, you know they will put filler episodes in between critical and important scenes like fights later on?

I see Ano Hana in your list, but that's not really a shojo anime, therefore I would recommend Kimi ni Todoke or Nodame Cantabile, if you can live with a bit more comedy.... or just watch the relatively short Usagi Drop[by far not the full story of the manga though].
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 18, 2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: -in
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently watching a lot of the new series.

- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (hard to judge yet)
    - Jormungand (very entertaining)
    - Sakamichi no Apollon (great start, could be one of my favourites of the season)
    - Kuroko no Basket (enjoying it a lot more than I thought, still a more or less average story)
    - Uchuu Kyodai (another great one, especially for those who are interested in space manga/anime)
    - Medaka Box (so far good adaption, let's see where it goes)

Quote Originally Posted by HaiSuShi View Post
    Watching
    -Noir
    -Bakemonogatari
    -Guilty Crown(Though I'm not sure if it's worth it other than the eyecandy )

To do
    -Tiger & Bunny
    -Code Geass
    -AnoHana
    -Mirai Nikki
    -Darker Than Black
    -Higurashi & Umineko
    -Nisemonogatari
    -Usagi Drop
    -X
    Guilty Crown is only for eye candy, don't expect much of the story

I can only recommend the ones Jammin mentioned too, AnoHana, Usagi Drop,
    Higurashi and Mirai Nikki are also great series, everyone in it's own aspect.

If you want awesome slice of life I would start with AnoHana, fabulous series with a great ending. Usagi Drop is very enjoyable too but it ends in the middle of the manga and personally I enjoyed AnoHana more.

Higurashi and Mirai Nikki are both awesome horror series but the first one will take you some time to get used to it because the mystery part plays a very huge role and things only start to get clear near the end, you would need to watch the second season too to get an awesome conclusion to the story. Mirai Nikki is something you will get used to very fast but the anime version has it's flaws compared to the manga. Definitely something worth watching though.

Only hear bad things about Umineko so not sure if you should check it out.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just wrapped up watching the first season of Kimi Ni Todoke, which I started watching due to seeing so many people be so fond of it. Slice of life is generally not a genre I gravitate to but I'm enjoyed it a lot. Sawako is up there on the list of all time cutest characters.

Since you say AnoHana is pretty good, I might have to check it out next.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

So...I just watched it all in pretty much one sitting this evening and I have something to confess...

My personal streak of not shedding a single tear over anything, ANYTHING, has been shattered(it's probably been over half a decade). I think, I may have been crying continously for about half of the last episode. So good...
    Last edited by Jammin; April 19, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Since you say AnoHana is pretty good, I might have to check it out next.

So...I just watched in pretty much one sitting this evening and I have something to confess...

My personal streak of not shedding a single tear over anything, ANYTHING, has been shattered(it's probably been over half a decade). I think, I may have been crying continously for about half of the last episode. So good...
    And here I was about to tell you that I cried like hell in the last episode Really, AnoHana is worth watching just for the awesome and very sad ending, best thing I saw in a while. Glad you enjoyed it

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am re-watching and re-reading Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
    I plan on watching Princess Jellyfish afterwards.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently watching Stein's Gate. Back then I dropped it because I lacked the time but after reading a lot of good stuff about it I wanted to give it another try. I'm at episode 8 now and I'm really enjoying it, very curious to see how things will develop

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Currently watching Stein's Gate. Back then I dropped it because I lacked the time but after reading a lot of good stuff about it I wanted to give it another try. I'm at episode 8 now and I'm really enjoying it, very curious to see how things will develop
    Good for you for picking it up again! I watched it as it was airing, but I think it's best viewed when marathoning.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh..I thought watching it week by week was really fun since almost every episode was like "woooow!!"
    but glad to see you picking up steins;gate, narunii.
    The first few episodes is an understatement to what the series can really do.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast