Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

After watching nothing else as Steins Gate for a few days it's time to catch up with all the other series I'm watching XDD After that I will either watch Honey and Clover or Mononoke

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Huh..I thought watching it week by week was really fun since almost every episode was like "woooow!!"
    but glad to see you picking up steins;gate, narunii.
    The first few episodes is an understatement to what the series can really do.
    true, the first few episodes aren't that great but then it turns into a rollercoaster ride. Drama, Comedy, Romance, Action and lots of surprises. Awesome series, shame I didn't watch it back then because I would have loved to discuss it with all of you. Even the one continuation episode was great. Where others put in a lame beach fanservice episodes, Stein's Gate delivered a perfect mix of fun/romance and plot ("Close your eyes..." at the end was so ). Really looking forward to the film in fall, please let it be as great as the show!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched The Secret World of Arrietty and I thought it was really good. Ghibli films rarely disappoint.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Medaka Box and Hunter X Hunter. That's it, really. This season doesn't interested me much.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished watching Steins;Gate and Mirai Nikki. I prefer Steins to Mirai Nikki because even though the story development is slower, it has more thrills. I had mixed feelings when it ends. Definitely can't wait for the movie.
    Gonna watch Uchuu Kyoudai and Kara no Kyokai soon.
    Last edited by Doraku; May 25, 2012 at 06:47 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you watch the OVA to Steins;Gate? It's a sequal to the series, not a special and gives closure to the series.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Did you watch the OVA to Steins;Gate? It's a sequel to the series, not a special and gives closure to the series.
    Yes, I watched it yesterday. I was expecting sneak peek which is related to the movie or background of the character developed in the OVA, but since It barely gives us any new information, I think the OVA is pretty much just an extra. Nonetheless, I'm glad that they didn't leave the "hole" in the 24th episode between Okabe and Kurisu open, tho. If the OVA is a closure, I wonder what kind of original plot that is going to be used in the movie, I hope they won't use different casts.

Space Bros : Funny and entertaining. The premise of the story makes it more interesting to watch. Definitely gonna keep watching this one.
    Kara no Kyoukai : I was only able to watch the 1st movie yesterday, and it seems the sequence of the movie is so random. No character information, no background of the story, very little information. Oh well, probably they will reveal it in the 2nd movie.
    Accel World : The animation is so good, even though the storyline is typical for a light novel adaptation. I'm hooked with the relationship of the main female and male protagonist, and since the LN is not translated yet, I'll keep watching this one too.

The next anime on my list is probably Shirokuma cafe. Some people say it is underrated yet it is really good.
    Last edited by Doraku; May 27, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Kara no Kyoukai : I was only able to watch the 1st movie yesterday, and it seems the sequence of the movie is so random. No character information, no background of the story, very little information. Oh well, probably they will reveal it in the 2nd movie.
    It's slowly progressing, slowly. The second one will most likely raise more questions than solve them. All 7 of them together are great, even though there still are some things left unanswered. You can expect things to get interesting with the third movie, while the 5th movie definitely is the highlight. It's the only one that made me completely and is rated as the best of the seven. The 6th one will definitely be a downer while the 7th one is a good finish. Not sure if I can recommend you the epiloque, they tried to solve some questions there but personally I found it really boring.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Nodame Cantabile. I had planned on reading the manga for a while, but never got around to it. I was in the anime mood and saw this available on demand, so I checked out the first two episodes. It started off a little slow, but I really like the characters, and it has a really good sense of comedy that I wasn't expecting.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So would you recomend to watch them in the release order or the time-line one? I've only seen the first one a couple years back, but I don't want to "waste" so many hours, when there are two different ways to enjoy it.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Yes, I watched it yesterday. I was expecting sneak peek which is related to the movie or background of the character developed in the OVA, but since It barely gives us any new information, I think the OVA is pretty much just an extra. Nonetheless, I'm glad that they didn't leave the "hole" in the 24th episode between Okabe and Kurisu open, tho. If the OVA is a closure, I wonder what kind of original plot that is going to be used in the movie, I hope they won't use different casts.
    I caught 'episode 25' a while ago, not sure if it is actually the same with OVA meant here? Anyway, I'm glad you tried Steins;Gate as it was an awesome series and definitely worth the watch (although can be confusing at times with all the time jump and plot twists XD).

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    I'm watching Nodame Cantabile. I had planned on reading the manga for a while, but never got around to it. I was in the anime mood and saw this available on demand, so I checked out the first two episodes. It started off a little slow, but I really like the characters, and it has a really good sense of comedy that I wasn't expecting.
    So would you recomend to watch them in the release order or the time-line one? I've only seen the first one a couple years back, but I don't want to "waste" so many hours, when there are two different ways to enjoy it.
    Two different ways to enjoy it, I think you're referring to manga and live action?

Nodame Cantabile is an interesting series. At least from what I saw in the TV drama. The anime is longer, thus I believe it can provide more insight to character and plot development according to the manga. I heard it stays true to the manga as much as possible too. I recommend the anime or live action since you can hear the music there, makes the whole series more alive, and funny to see the interaction of Chiaki and Nodame mainly but also with other characters.

I don't know the difference in release order or timeline one, but choose one from the three format available for this series. Perhaps reading the manga as addition. I wasn't a big fan of the art so I didn't try the manga and anime. :P

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Two different ways to enjoy it, I think you're referring to manga and live action?
    No I meant this, the chronological order of the series and the release order. My attention span is short as it is, watching it in the release order won't probably let be go through the movies in one go.

Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1) (August 1995 - March 1996)
    Kara no Kyoukai 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2)
    Kara no Kyoukai 4: Garan no Dou (June 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu (July 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei (September 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen (November 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon (January 1999)
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 30, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No I meant this, the chronological order of the series and the release order. My attention span is short as it is, watching it in the release order won't probably let be go through the movies in one go.

Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1) (August 1995 - March 1996)
    Kara no Kyoukai 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2)
    Kara no Kyoukai 4: Garan no Dou (June 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu (July 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei (September 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen (November 1998)
    Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon (January 1999)
    Phio probably thought you were talking about Nodame because your post is right after Matts. I thought you were talking about it at first too XD

Looks like you already know quite a bit. I prefer the release order because it keeps the mystery more intense and that's one of the biggest charms of the movie series, at least that's how I felt. On the other hand you have to do quite a bit of thinking and have the timeline in mind to not get confused. Watching the 6th as the last one might be bad too, you will most likely finish the series with a disappointing feeling (because it's definitely the worst of the series). It's definitely easier to watch it according to the timeline though.

Personally I always want to watch a series how it was supposed to be, f.ex. I never watched Haruhi but I heard it's something similar to Kara, where the episodes aren't in chronological order. Some people wanted to know which episodes they need to watch in order to get the right chronological order right at the start and that's something I wouldn't do because this special/feature/or whatever you want to call it is part of the series and it's charm.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...now I'm interested in watching Kara...might be worth the go when I'm reading the convo over here
    What exactly should I expect in kara?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    It's slowly progressing, slowly. The second one will most likely raise more questions than solve them. All 7 of them together are great, even though there still are some things left unanswered. You can expect things to get interesting with the third movie, while the 5th movie definitely is the highlight. It's the only one that made me completely and is rated as the best of the seven. The 6th one will definitely be a downer while the 7th one is a good finish. Not sure if I can recommend you the epiloque, they tried to solve some questions there but personally I found it really boring.
    I guess I didn't have patience when I watched the first one. I found the translation of the novels, so I'll stick with the novel first then move to the Anime. I still don't understand why they released movies adaptation with random sequence, though (for novels, I can see the reason why).

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I caught 'episode 25' a while ago, not sure if it is actually the same with OVA meant here? Anyway, I'm glad you tried Steins;Gate as it was an awesome series and definitely worth the watch (although can be confusing at times with all the time jump and plot twists XD).
    Yes, the so called "episode 25" is a Bluray bonus or something like that. Indeed, it is an awesome anime adaptation, best one in recent years. I would rank it in my personal top 15 lists. I had to keep pencil and paper while watching it, once it goes crazy with time skip and twists, so I could watch it in one go .

Hmm...now I'm interested in watching Kara...might be worth the go when I'm reading the convo over here
    Errr... a chick with supernatural power? you have to watch at least two movies in one go, I'd say, so you didn't get confused like I did.

-----

It turns out Shirokuma cafe is better than I expected. Underrated series, indeed.
    Last edited by Doraku; May 31, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to explain, really. You can expect supernatural powers, a lot of them. It's not like there's a huge bunch of guys but the supernatural is a constant theme in Kara, mostly because of the main protagonist Ryougi Shiki. "Chick with supernatural powers" doesn't describe her well though, she's a deep character and the mysteries are mostly revolving around her. The setting is pretty dark so don't fear any "Shounen supernatural" story. In a way it's similar to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni because questions will probably start to pile up until the 4th/5th movie and it's by no way easy to understand everything.

I know you like mysteries so this definitely something for you, just don't expect to be satisfied with every movie (like I said, you can only truly appreciate them if you watched all of them). The 5th movie is still one of the best japanese movies I have watched.
    It should be mentioned that the series was created by the founder of TYPE-MOON, which created Fate/Stay Night etc. if I'm not mistaken.

@Doraku the movies just stayed truthfull to the novel, something I really appreciate. If the novel isn't following the chronological order, why should the movies do? Like I said, it's part of it's charm

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast