Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

SAO isn't about the leveling aspect, don't even think about it being so. From now on it will be side-stories until floor
    Spoiler: placement of ending show

It lacks compared to the LN, so give it a try if you have some free time and to much interest into the series. The third episode was bad compared to what I've read.

Watched the third Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA, which was full of perverted misconceptions as before. This one need a second season!

I love how open the hero is with his lewdness in Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai, it has action, flat and non-flat chested characters and can even be funny at times.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    SAO isn't about the leveling aspect, don't even think about it being so. From now on it will be side-stories until floor
    Spoiler: placement of ending show

It lacks compared to the LN, so give it a try if you have some free time and to much interest into the series. The third episode was bad compared to what I've read.
    Leveling aspect? I don't quite understand what you mean.

I was referring to character story pacing for example....

Spoiler: Sword Art Online Episodes 2 & 3 spoilers show

And unfortunately I can't click your spoiler tag because I do NOT want to know "when it ends", "how it ends", or "how it relates to the novel". I am anti-spoiler. My thoughts and opinions are going to be based on the anime, and the anime alone, because that's what I'm watching.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In the main story there is literally nearly no character development aside from Kirito and Asuna and that's marginal at best too. All that was there is the flashback of the contents of episode 3. So I don't really expect much from the side stories, will watch it anyway.

Much is told from his perspective[descriptions etc], this is where the anime will lack Imo. You could at least try and only so far that it wont get into the way of the Anime content.

Sword Art Online thread - Order to read
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 25, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    In the main story there is literally nearly no character development aside from Kirito and Asuna and that's marginal at best too. All that was there is the flashback of the contents of episode 3. So I don't really expect much from the side stories, will watch it anyway.

Much is told from his perspective[descriptions etc], this is where the anime will lack Imo. You could at least try and only so far that it wont get into the way of the Anime content.

Sword Art Online thread - Order to read
    I'm very much aware that the light novels are out there if I wished to read them, and I read very fast so it wouldn't even take me long, but I do not want to do that. The only thing that interests me is the anime.

I'm not watching the anime adaptation as a compliment to another telling of the story I'm watching it so that IT can tell me the story. If I feel interested enough I may read the novels after the series completely finished but I certainly won't be reading it before.

Which is why any information from, or about, the novels is something I do not want. I feel the same way about the Monogatari series and Toaru Majutsu no Index.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 27, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently watching Mushishi and I'm really enjoying. Wasn't so sure because of the episodic concept but everyone new case is able to totally capture me and feel with the characters. Ginko is an awesome main character as well, probably one of the best shows I've watched in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomahongva View Post
    I'm going to pick up Natsuyuki Rendezvous. It wasn't my intention at first but once I watched the OP, I felt it could be an interesting choice. And I think I'll give a try to La Storia della Arcana Famiglia. It could be entertaiment.
    Pretty sure you will enjoy it I'm watching it and to me it feels like it could be one of the best shows of the season. Arcana Famiglia on the other hand was a huge disappointment, not sure if it's worth your time

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Mushishi is on my to-watch list as well.

I finished Serial Experiments Lain a few days ago. Before I start a new series, however, I'm going to finish Nurarihyon: Sennen Makyou and the first season of Sket Dance- both of which I've put on hold for months.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have returned! ... More or less. I need to catch up with series I'm following: SAO and Hyouka. Also finished downloading Higurashi no Naku Koro ni during my absence, so I'll check that out soon.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently watched Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika which I enjoyed a lot, way more than I thought I would. Both have this very interesting strangeness to it but they're really well-done and always have a nice mix of romance, action and eyecatchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Mushishi is on my to-watch list as well.

I finished Serial Experiments Lain a few days ago. Before I start a new series, however, I'm going to finish Nurarihyon: Sennen Makyou and the first season of Sket Dance- both of which I've put on hold for months.
    Mushishi is really good, I'm sure you will enjoy it

On another note you should really catch up with the Sket Dance anime, I'm really loving it. If they continue like this it won't take long until they reach the last scanlated chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I have returned! ... More or less. I need to catch up with series I'm following: SAO and Hyouka. Also finished downloading Higurashi no Naku Koro ni during my absence, so I'll check that out soon.
    You need some real patience for Higurashi but keep going, I assure you it will turn out really awesome!

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Mushishi is really good, I'm sure you will enjoy it

On another note you should really catch up with the Sket Dance anime, I'm really loving it. If they continue like this it won't take long until they reach the last scanlated chapters.
    I can't wait to watch it then! Apparently the manga is really good as well.

I really should. I thought the Sket Dance anime would only be a season long so I'm glad they're covering more chapters in the second season.

---------- Post added August 15, 2012 at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was August 09, 2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

I watched the first episodes of Mushishi, Polar Bear Cafe and Samurai Champloo.

I chose Mushishi because Niichan recommended it (as you can see above), Polar Bear Cafe because of Sakurai Takahiro it has animals in it, and Samurai Champloo because it was produced by Manglobe- a studio I've become interested in after watching and loving Ergo Proxy.

I'm also planning on watching Last Exile and Witch Hunter Robin.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You need some real patience for Higurashi but keep going, I assure you it will turn out really awesome!
    Indeed, now I see what you meant there. I'm already halfway through it, 13 more episodes to go. It feels even a bit slower and vague compared to Umineko, but I'm still curious. I'm hoping to finish it soon. XD

After Higurashi, besides my regular anime, I'm planning to try Fate/Zero series and Elfen Lied. What is this Mushishi about, by the way?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to watch it then! Apparently the manga is really good as well.

I really should. I thought the Sket Dance anime would only be a season long so I'm glad they're covering more chapters in the second season.

I watched the first episodes of Mushishi, Polar Bear Cafe and Samurai Champloo.

I chose Mushishi because Niichan recommended it (as you can see above), Polar Bear Cafe because of Sakurai Takahiro it has animals in it, and Samurai Champloo because it was produced by Manglobe- a studio I've become interested in after watching and loving Ergo Proxy.

I'm also planning on watching Last Exile and Witch Hunter Robin.
    I've read the manga too, the anime leaves out quite a few cases but in the end it doesn't matter too much because the whole thing is episodic. Both are great.

And I'm glad too, really enjoying the Sket Dance anime at this point I feel like they will go all the way and really

Spoiler show

It's not that far from the scanlations anymore.

What's your impression on the three series?

Indeed, now I see what you meant there. I'm already halfway through it, 13 more episodes to go. It feels even a bit slower and vague compared to Umineko, but I'm still curious. I'm hoping to finish it soon. XD

After Higurashi, besides my regular anime, I'm planning to try Fate/Zero series and Elfen Lied. What is this Mushishi about, by the way?
    LOL sorry vio but do you know that there is a second season (called Higurashi no naku koro ni kai)? The second season is actually the one that will give you all the answers and close the case. Season 1 clears quite a few things at the end but it still leaves you with a loooot of questions. Second season is great though so don't worry.

Mushishi is something without action and/or great plot twists but explores (human) life and it's themes in an excellent way.

Read the description here for the basic plot: http://myanimelist.net/anime/457/Mushishi

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Mushishi sounds interesting! I'm in the mood of slice-of-life series at the moment, be it manga or anime, so I'll add that to my to-watch list.

Asa-chan, I don't know which Last Exile you are referring to. A while ago I tried to watch Last Exile The Silver Wing and ended up dropping it since I found it somehow boring. Not sure if there is another Last Exile before that one.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mushishi sounds interesting! I'm in the mood of slice-of-life series at the moment, be it manga or anime, so I'll add that to my to-watch list.

Asa-chan, I don't know which Last Exile you are referring to. A while ago I tried to watch Last Exile The Silver Wing and ended up dropping it since I found it somehow boring. Not sure if there is another Last Exile before that one.

that's the one we both didn't enjoy right? there's actually a prequel called just "Last Exile" but I heard it's not really that great too. Can't judge but from my experience with Fam the silver Wing I actually believe it :/

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the manga too, the anime leaves out quite a few cases but in the end it doesn't matter too much because the whole thing is episodic. Both are great.

And I'm glad too, really enjoying the Sket Dance anime at this point I feel like they will go all the way and really

Spoiler show

It's not that far from the scanlations anymore.
    It's good to hear that the manga is worthing checking out as well. Since the format is episodic, I can probably get away with reading only the cases that aren't animated.

Spoiler show

Sket Dance has been more or less filler-free so far, but the anime will have to add some soon if they continue at this pace.

Quote Quote:
    What's your impression on the three series?
    Mushishi: The quaint setting reminds me of Mononokehime because of the natural/spiritual motifs. I like Ginko already, which is a good thing since he'll be the only character that's sticking around. (I think.)

Polar Bear Cafe: It's cute! I have a feeling that this one will be an episodic series as well. Unlike Mushishi, however, the episodes will simply be fluff.

Samurai Champloo: I've heard a lot of praises for it so I'm trying to find out what all the fuss is about. The first episode simply told how the main characters met each other; I don't think the actual story will happen until the next one.

I'm watching the one that's just called "Last Exile". The Silver Wing is the second season so perhaps that's why you didn't enjoy it. (TBH I was having trouble getting through the first episode. I'll try to watch 1/4 of it at least to form an opinion.)

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good to hear that the manga is worthing checking out as well. Since the format is episodic, I can probably get away with reading only the cases that aren't animated.

Sket Dance has been more or less filler-free so far, but the anime will have to add some soon if they continue at this pace.
    Yup, that's not a problem. IIRC the last case (in the manga) isn't in the anime too so you can go and check the ending I have to say that there were cases (in both anime and manga) which bored me a bit too though, while others were just awesome.

True, they added some stuff here and there but I can't recall more than two or three episodes which had a complete filler case for half an episode :/ they're still not that close but I agree, at this pace they will have to start including more.

Mushishi: The quaint setting reminds me of Mononokehime because of the natural/spiritual motifs. I like Ginko already, which is a good thing since he'll be the only character that's sticking around. (I think.)
    Mononokehime?
    And yeah, there are two (I think ) other characters who are involved more than once but most people just appear for one time and will never be seen again. Ginko does get his backstory though, so you will start to learn more about him

New Reply
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast