Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

For me myself, I find this year's Fall to be an interesting season. If you click on my MAL link you can see how I'm trying to check all the titles aired lately: K, Zetsuen no Tempest, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Robotic;Notes, Psycho-Pass, and so on. Aside from that I'm still in the process of completing Full Metal Panic! Second Raid. Its progress is hindered by Natsume Yuujinchou, though. I like that series as well, fun and lovely for me (thanks yuki for the recommendation lol).

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Eden of the East.. do you mean everything, including the series and the two movies? I watched all three but while it was enjoyable, it had it's boring moments. I do not want to spoil you but you prolly shouldn't expect that much of it, it's an okay/good watch.
    I was recommended to watch Higashi no Eden ( = Eden of the East ) by a friend previously. I watched 2-3 first episodes, dropped it, re-started it again, and finished it although with not less questions than when I started. The basic idea was still confusing for me, I couldn't really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    And finally, I just watched the first episode of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, which I thought was very promising.
    I think Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is a refreshing series. You laugh, but you can also see and feel the message and changes to the characters and their world. I really love that part of the series.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsume Yuujinchou is really a beautiful series. I only discovered it recently but it has become one of my favourite series. It's so delicate and lovely and heartmoving... I like a lot Natsume and how he opens himself to the world: he finally has people that he can call friends and a warm home... Also I like nyanko-sensei, he's so adorable and imposive at the same time... And you can feel how the really appreciates Natsume although he's constantly deniying it XD

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner foxinthestars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Natsume Yuujinchou now, too, actually. I had seen the first season of it about a year ago and loved it but for some reason let it fall by the wayside and just now got back to it...

Earlier this month I also watched 07-Ghost and really enjoyed it.

It's only been this year that I really started watching the current seasons. This time I'm watching Psycho-Pass, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Ii na yo, and my favorites so far are Zetsuen no Tempest and Shin Sekai Yori.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching three shows this season: Chu2byo, Shinsekai Yori, and Robotics;Notes. I'm not sure about Robptics;Notes yet. Only two episodes have aired and not much has happened yet. Shinsekai Yori is developing into an excellent show; the first two episodes are a little slow, but the pace picks up by episode four. Chu2byo is epic! By the same director, fans of Haruhi Suzumiya will love it.

I also caught up with Sword Art Online. A good show worth watching, but not a favorite of mine. The romance aspect of the series was flawlessly executed, but the stories pacing has occasionally been questionable. Since catching up with SAO, I started watching Mawaru Penguindrum. An outstanding series, one I am enjoying greatly. Very intelligent, and more than a little trippy. Finally I watched Ghibli's From up on Poppy Hill, a movie I could not recommend more, a heartwarming story about family, coming to grips with the past, preserving history, and accepting the future.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner foxinthestars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched From Up on Poppy Hill the other day myself, and I also heartily recommend it. It is a very sweet story, and I loved the nostalgic texture.

Also agree on Shin Sekai Yori. I liked the slow pace of the early episodes in its way, getting us settled into the worldbuilding and taking the time to gather lurking menace, but now it's hit the fan and I can't wait for the next ep!

Yesterday I watched King of Thorns and enjoyed it. The use of cel-shaded CGI on some of the action scenes was painfully obvious, but it was fun horror/suspense, and of all things I thought might be the "twist" it turned out to be something different entirely.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished watching Hyouka
    http://www.animeseason.com/hyouka/

Watching:
    Hunter x Hunter 2011
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Planning to Watch:
    Deadman Wonderland
    Jojo (2012)
    Toaru Majutsu no Index

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still watching Inuyasha: Kanketsu-hen. Sometimes I become distracted and end up watching an episode of the original. I miss cell animation!

I've started on Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest and is thinking of starting Robotics; Note. I also need to catch up with Shirokuma Cafe- by "catch up", I mean skipping around.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm currently watching:
    • Zetsuen no Tempest (so-so)
    • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (one of my favourites of the season)
    • Sword Art Online (overrated but good)
    • Shinsekai Yori (slow start but now it's getting really interesting)
    • Robotics;Notes (hard to judge at this point but I enjoy it)
    • Psycho-Pass (pretty good but it could still go in both directions)
    • Medaka Box: Abnormal (Loving it so far, usual Medaka weirdness)
    • K (too much bishies and focus on looking stylish, so-so for me atm)
    • Jormungand Season 2 (a lot better than the first season, really entertaining so far)
    • Magi (one of my favourite manga and the show is doing a good job delivering the awesomeness)
    • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) (another one of my favourites, awesomely over the top and weird)
    • Hunter x Hunter ( My absolute favourite at the moment, Madhouse is doing an excellent job)
    • Btooom! (okayish survival series)
    • Bakuman S3 (delivers the manga stuff in a good way, nothing exceptional though)

I'm barely able to follow all these shows but if possible I will try Chuniibyo because I heard it's pretty good

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how I discovered this little pearl but now I'm having real fun watching Hanada Shounen-shi. It's an old anime from 2002 (oh my god, these boy's band opening were really horrible), but that is the only bad thing so far. It reminds me a little of Gabai which I read not so long ago. If you want a really fun comedy don't hesitate to try it. Thanks to bakabt, even if it's old, the download is fast. And the animation has not aged, if you cut the sound, the opening with the pastel effects is really beautiful.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Recapping fall series that I follow religiously weekly:

A. Gintama - Been a huge fan since the first season. No need for further explanation
    B. JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - Also a huge fan of the manga since a long time ago. This is one of the anime where I could say "this is going to be so damn good" since the first episode.
    C. Chu-2 Byo - My #1 pick as the best comedy of this fall. Refreshing and full of moe girls, what's not to love?
    D. Psycho-Pass - I put a lot of hope for this show. This show is going to be one of the best series of this fall or the biggest flop. Either way, I'd stick with in until the end since I really like the concept.
    E. Robotics;Notes - Was considering to drop this after two unimpressive episodes, but the third episode is a significant improvement. I'm going back to my commitment to watch this at least until the first cour.

Series I follow on random interval:

A. Hunter X Hunter - A fan of the manga, and the animation is really good. Unfortunately fall anime line up is too distracting.
    B. Magi - Same reason with HxH.
    C. Jormungand - Watched the first season, but recently I finished reading the manga so the ending of the anime would not be a surprise for me. Gotta watch this again after it's ended.
    D. Shinsekai Yori - I have to put this into the postponement room since my final lineup for fall has been decided. I will watch it on 3 episodes basis.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also started watching Psycho-Pass after episode two, along with Chu2byo it has been my favorite of the new season. My full list for this season:I have [accidently] seen Shinsekai and Robotics;Notes spoilers, based on the novel and visual novel respectably, and feel strongly both will develop into incredibly strong shows. Chu2byo has already taken it's place among my all time favorites. Psycho-Pass has also been outstanding; action packed and intelligent. While a fun and entertaining, Sword Art Online definitely did not live up to the hype. Pacing problems and overly obvious plot twists have hurt an otherwise good show.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I finished watching Mawaru Penguindrum and have begun Madoka Magica. Penguindrum was a beautifully non-linear, symbolism heavy fable about destiny, family, and the many ways peoples fate becomes entangled. A beautiful series for anyone looking for intelligent anime. Definitely a series that requires multiple viewings to fully appreciate. I'll watch again when the BD's start going on sale in the states, in late December.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    Finished watching Hyouka
    http://www.animeseason.com/hyouka/
    Thoughts? Did Kyoani pulled it off?

So is it better if I just completely ignore SAO since I believe Accel World to be terrible? Or should I just finish both.
    Since I watched chaos;head and steins;gate, I won't passed up on robotics;note but I was hoping for a day where the vn will get localized.
    Seems like besides robotics, psycho is the only worthy venture this season(or last?)

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post

So is it better if I just completely ignore SAO since I believe Accel World to be terrible? Or should I just finish both.
    Since I watched chaos;head and steins;gate, I won't passed up on robotics;note but I was hoping for a day where the vn will get localized.
    Seems like besides robotics, psycho is the only worthy venture this season(or last?)
    KyoAni did a good job with Hyouka. If you're familiar with KyoAni, I guess you would have no problem with Hyouka. Personally I believe it's one of the best anime of this year.

Psycho is good only if you like cyberpunk and knows other Urobuchi's works. Some people believe that it's too slow, but just try the first three episodes to determine whether it's suitable for your liking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently starting Mawaru Penguindrum because of Kait's review and finished watching 5 Centimeters per Second recently. 5cm/s is a good anime movie, it's just beautiful and perfect. If you seek a mature romance anime and looking for a good one, 5 Centimeters is a must. Even when normally I don't pay attention to BGM, 5Cm/s makes me pay attention to them.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love anything and everything by 5CM Per Second director Shinkai Makoto. A Place Promised in Our Early Days is my favorite, 5CM a close second. I downloaded Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo, his latest movie, but have not had the chance to watch it yet. I just finished Madoka Magica, one of the best anime I have ever watched. I am disappointed in myself for not watching it while it aired. A truly brilliant show, well deserving of all the praise it has garnered. Despite it's considerable fame, it may actually be underrated. AnoHana, a series I started, but never finished, is next. After that Hyouka, recommended to me by Doraku. A few movies may be interspersed with those two.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

There are also a few movies I am looking forward to. They are not out on BD/DVD yet, so subs still are not available: Rainbow Color Fireflies, A Letter to Momo, and The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki.

---------- Post added November 04, 2012 at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was November 02, 2012 at 05:32 PM ----------

Tonight I watched Bungaku Shoujo, an excellent if flawed movie. The animation (by Production I.G.), acting, plot, and pacing were outstanding. Because they chose to adapt only the fifth novel character development and their relationships suffers. The supporting cast is particularly underdeveloped. The ending also could have been better, the last fifteen minutes felt tacked on and unnecessary. Book five is the most dramatic in the novel series, the story itself is well told, and the three main characters are all well developed and interesting. Not a classic, but a rewarding movie, well worth watching.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 04, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post

I think Hyouka was okay. There were some arcs, and while the beginning might be slow (like it did with S;G) we got to see more of the character development with nice twists on the plot. I think that's Hyouka's strongest point. It shows how humans change with each encounter, and it's real. The 'detective' aura adds a bit more to it. I think you should give it a try, but maybe not to expect too much on the beginning.

As for this season, R;N and P-P are good choices, IMO. They are quite potential. Other titles I want to suggest are Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and probably Zetsuen no Tempest. Tonari is a fresh shoujo and I'm loving it so far. It just has this one different touch that makes it shoujo but also not-too-shoujo at the same time. Plot and character are strong too. ZnS is rather relative; my dear friend nii-kun here doesn't like it, while I enjoy the dark atmosphere and action of the series. The plot may be the standard "magic and logic are trying to save the world", but it's the execution that matters, and I think so far so good. Just hoping they won't turn strange like K-Project and SAO. ^^;

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm currently starting Mawaru Penguindrum because of Kait's review...
    Happy thinking. I find it hard to understand with my slow brain but it's a good series. It pictures sides of humans in a magic, different point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    ...and finished watching 5 Centimeters per Second recently. 5cm/s is a good anime movie, it's just beautiful and perfect. If you seek a mature romance anime and looking for a good one, 5 Centimeters is a must. Even when normally I don't pay attention to BGM, 5Cm/s makes me pay attention to them.
    Because of you both, it's now added to my to-watch list. I've read in Wikipedia about 5cm/s before but didn't have to check it out.

On the other hand, now starting with Kara no Kyoukai after first recommended to me around 2 years ago when I first signed up here (). The first two episodes are very confusing to me, in terms of plot. Perhaps I will understand more in upcoming episodes. But graphic and sound wise, I'm not disappointed at all. So much Kalafina and Kajiura-san! <33333

New Reply
Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast