Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

I have finished watching Nichijou - an anime which I had been overlook for the past two years and I regret the fact that I'm doing so. A fresh, fun and colorful anime combined with excellent sense of absurd humor, make this anime is a must watch for comedy fans.

Besides that, I'm currently re-watching Fate/Zero for the third time, and this show still deserves the top 5 anime for last year or probably even the last three years. My first re-watching experience for this year would be when I finished re-watching Tsuritama.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on watching Fate/Zero next, after Oreimo. I've heard to many good things, including your rec, to ignore it much longer. I only chose to watch Oreimo first because the second season is starting so soon. Between Madoka Magica and Psycho-Pass, I have really come to love Urobuchi Gen's writing. I expect Fate/Zero will be just as amazing.

The first three episodes of Oreimo were amazing! I might have overlooked the show if not for Josef's recommendation. So far it is hilarious, I'm really getting addicted to the show. Bonus points for casting Nakamura Yuuichi (Tomoya in Clannad, Oreki in Hyouka) as Kyousuke.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Psycho pass sounds very interest I may check it out once the anime is completed. Madoka magica...magical schoolgirl anime, doesn't sound like I fit the target demographic. Is it really worth watching?

Doraku...since you are familiar with Fate/Zero what do you think of the pacing of the show? Is Fate stay night worth watching? I've heard mostly negative things.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Magica is a pretty dark anime. Not your typical magic girl anime, in the same sense NGE is not your typical mecha. Very hard to explain without spoilers. A must watch series, an all time classic.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark...? I like the sound of that, hmm...maybe I'll give it a chance then.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakensama View Post
    Doraku...since you are familiar with Fate/Zero what do you think of the pacing of the show? Is Fate stay night worth watching? I've heard mostly negative things.
    Which one? The TV version is skipping several important points written in the light novel, but it works just fine in my opinion. BD release includes some additional scenes and significant improve in drawings, so I prefer the BD version, obviously. No, Fate/Stay Night isn't worth watching in my opinion, unless you're really into Type-Moon in general, I advise you to stay away from it. If you're really curious on what happens after F/Zero, you better play the visual novel of F/SN, instead of watching its anime adaptation which is unpalatable for most people.

Oh and by the way, I heard you avoid Steins;Gate because it has one of your dealbreakers, which is (I assume)

Spoiler: Steins;Gate show

If my guess is right, to be honest I encourage you to.. well a little bit tolerant about "that" element, since it's nothing major and does not affect the overall storyline at all. The anime is slowly developing though, it's not really that interesting before halfway through the series.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I'm planning to watch Oreimo after I finished catching up with Yamato 2199.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Which one? The TV version is skipping several important points written in the light novel, but it works just fine in my opinion. BD release includes some additional scenes and significant improve in drawings, so I prefer the BD version, obviously.
    Hmm...not sure which version I saw. Disappointing to hear the Fate stay night anime is so disappointing, maybe they'll remake it since Fate/Zero was so popular? I don't play VNs so I guess this is my only hope.

Stein's gate...how good is it? I watched Gankutsuou even though it contained a dealbreaker, but that was because the subject matter greatly interested me and it was a great anime (IMO).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning to watch Oreimo after I finished catching up with Yamato 2199.
    Yeah another one. \o/

I plan to watch Baccano next because I really wanna know why this show is supposed to be good.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakensama View Post
    Hmm...not sure which version I saw. Disappointing to hear the Fate stay night anime is so disappointing, maybe they'll remake it since Fate/Zero was so popular? I don't play VNs so I guess this is my only hope.

Stein's gate...how good is it? I watched Gankutsuou even though it contained a dealbreaker, but that was because the subject matter greatly interested me and it was a great anime (IMO).
    Probably it was the TV version, since the BD Rip was released only recently, around two weeks ago. Well, the choice is yours. If you're really, really, curious on what happens next after F/Zero, feel free to watch Fate Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works. But I warn you, both of those anime were not made by ufotable, which made F/Zero, so you should be aware prior watching those two series that there would be a significant decrease of quality level.

As for the remake, I think it's highly unlikely, since F/Zero and F/Stay Night & UBW were made by two different studios, like I said above. There is one alternative route left in F/Stay Night to be animated called "Heaven's Feel", let's cross our fingers so that ufotable would make an adaptation on that one.

I'd say that Steins;Gate is great. It has an amazing cast in general, the dialogues are funny, without neglecting its "serious" part on the latter halfway throughout the series. It's an all around series that I'd recommend to anyone. The only problem is that you have to be a tad more patient, since the real development does not emerge until 12 episodes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Yeah another one. \o/

I plan to watch Baccano next because I really wanna know why this show is supposed to be good.

Baccano is good, possibly better than Durarara!! It's English dubbed version is also well made, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Yeah another one. \o/
    Oreimo is epic! It's such a funny show, I did not expect to like it nearly as much as I do.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the remake, I think it's highly unlikely, since F/Zero and F/Stay Night & UBW were made by two different studios, like I said above. There is one alternative route left in F/Stay Night to be animated called "Heaven's Feel", let's cross our fingers so that ufotable would make an adaptation on that one.
    Alright I'll hope for 'Heaven's feel'. I really like the concept behind the fate series.

As for Stein's gate, if it is slow to start I might put it off a while...there are so many great series, Baccano! is also one I've heard good things about. First Planetes.

I did just finish Puella magi Madoka magica, and it was enjoyable. It was hard for me to stomach the character design though, the giant oblong heads, oversized eyes (even by anime standards), and every character had the same sharp chin. Also Madoka really irked me...her helpnessness and constant whining/crying got on my nerves. The other characters though fitting archetypes were much more interesting. Animation in labyrinthes was excellent and very creative. The show brought up many intriguing concepts, and had some nice twists...though I wasn't a fan of the ending at all. I also was a bit turned off by underage girl (loli) nudity...I really felt it served no purpose other than creepiness.

However despite all this, I enjoyed the series it definitely was quite bold in many of its choices.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Magica had to be helpless for the plot to work.

Spoiler: Madoka Magica Spoilers show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand it was necessary and needed for plotsake. However that character type always gets on my nerves, and you see it in so many anime...seeing it the main character makes it worse. The helpless, unbelievably benevolent, incredibly sensitive, absolutely perfect angel is the easiest and laziest way to garner audience sympathy. It stands out even more, since many of the choices the creators made are so creative and stunning.
    Last edited by jakensama; March 03, 2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I finished Oreimo and the Oreimo Specials. Surprisingly spectacular, I can't remember laughing so hard, or so much, watching anime. Kirino was, of course, the stand out character, and one of the all time great tsundere (heavy on the tsuntsun, light on the dere dere). Not a one character show, the entire cast was amazing. Highly recommended to any comedy fans. I can't wait for season two!

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki. It's from the creator of "Summer Wars" and "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" so I kind of knew what to expect, yet it blew me away. What caries the film are it's great and well-developed characters. From the loving mother Hana to Ame and Yuki, whose depth and development over the course of years was excellently portrayed.
    The film has everything one could wish for. A warm feeling of nostalgia, reminding you of your own childhood with true tear-jerkers and yet lots of heartwarming moments. If I had to rate it, I would say it's his best work so far. Absolutely recommendable to everyone who's looking for a well-told story with excellent characters.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast