Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

We have a manga thread for this why not an anime thread. xD
    There are some rules to post to avoid a simple 1-2 word spam which will be deleted.

-All I ask for is a sentence to go with your anime. Pick all or 1 of the following.
    ---Talk about what it's about.
    ---Give your opinion on why you like/dislike the anime.
    ---Talk about animation, characters, OP/ED, seiyuus, anything!!!

---You guys can also ask for recommendations. If you do reply make sure you are detailed in your answer and question. Thank you and have fun. ^_ ^

I started Kamichu! yesterday and it's a real gem. A girl overnight becomes a god, she learns the duties and pressures of becoming a god. Everyone knows that she's a god and her friends help her on this delightful journey. A sweet anime that has a Spirited Away vibe.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pantsutastic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you currently watching and next on your list?

Gintama. I like it better animated.

Gintama takes place in Edo (1800's). 20yrs ago, Aliens calling themselves the Amanto invaded Japan and overpowered the resident samurai. In order to prevent an uprising by samurai's, the Amanto who now control the government, forbid the use of swords. Only a small number of samurai's remain, Gintoki Sakata, a carefree samurai who carries a wooden sword, and is recognized by his natural curly hair and sweet tooth is among these few. Together with Shinpachi Shimura, your common worried adolescent , and Kagura, an extra-terrestrial girl with monstrous strength and a even more monstrous appetite, They are jack-of-all-trades that take any kind of odd job as long as it helps fill their stomach, and keeps them from getting kicked out by the landlady.

Note - Gintama is based in comedy.
    Last edited by Pantsutastic; January 11, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
    The Power of pantsu!

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Watching Natsume Yuujinchou and concurrently reading the manga.

Natsume Takashi is a high school boy who can see spirits. Both his parents died when he was young and he has been shuffled between relatives. Wherever he goes he is isolated, lonely, and seen as creepy. His deceased grandmother Reiko could see spirits too. Too relieve her loneliness she bullied the spirits, challenging them to fights and forcing them to write their names in her "book of friends" and become her followers. Natsume seeks to return the names in the book, with the help of a spirit in the shape of a lucky cat, who is just waiting for him to die to take the book for himself.

Really brilliant anime, beautifully animated, great acting. The manga is brilliant as well. Anyone looking for a quiet fairy tail. There are two seasons, after I finish season 1 I will watch Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG kaitens senpai you of all of us otakus didnt see this (though it isnt that good) any way isnt it from the same guy who did school Rumble ,Natsuno has a lot of Time paradox stuffs if you like that(like me ) you ll like the series.
    any way i started Durarara!! (hope i spelled it correctly) its about a headless monster from Irish folk lore, seems to be a good one. though its ongoing so i have to wait for the next ep to be released every time. and with Aoi Bungaku with it for some reason its on hold after 6th ep,dun like these stops.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Mononoke right now, and I'll probably watch either Kannagi or Spice and Wolf after

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently started watching Dragon Ball GT. I've never actually watched it. I just randomly saw some episodes on german television a couple of times.

If I remember it correctly, the last episode I watched was 8. The end of an arc, oh no, wait.. IT'S A PLOTTWIST!! OMGOSH!

Sorry, I had to do that. Until now it's been pretty bad to mediocre, I hope that changes soon, but then again, if it doesn't.. I'm glad it's only 56 episode left to watch.

I also watched all the episodes that remained on my HD of Chi's New Adress, to be specific, episode 89-100. I'm downloading episode 101-104 as we speak I type. Then that anime's finished too and I'll start on the National Tournament Finals OVA of Prince of Tennis which concludes the completion of the series.. Well, of the original storyline that is. (Still need to watch some specials that just can't be found.. D:< )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LilaChan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to finish off Kobato, I can swallow it one episode a week. But I'm not sure whether I can stomach like 3 episodes in one go, too much cuteness...It's just Cardaptor Sakura with different art style. The seiyuu cast list is awesome.

I really got to start Kimi Ni Todoke, I've only been hearing good things about it. The trailer was really good, I have no idea why I haven't started it. I'll get there eventually. I really need to hear Namikawa Daisuke, he never fails to surprise me with a different vocal tone each time I hear him. I heard this is the best role that Mami-mami have ever done too.

I need to start Kuroshitsuji and Pandora Hearts, I heard they're a shounen fangirl favourite. Especially Kuroshitsuji, the DVDs sold amazingly..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently finished watching Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, now watching A's, and then I'll move on to StrikerS

I started watching it because I read lots of good stuff about it, how it was very different from what you'd expect of a "magical girl" anime... and I haven't been disappointed. Sure, you've got the naked transformation sequences, but the series puts a lot of details on all the fight scenes, and there's quite a lot of them. Fighting techniques include Beam Spam and (magic) Macross Missile Massacre.

I hope you're familiar with "Clarke's Third Law" because everything magic actually comes from some sci-fi technology : the Bureau of magic regulation has a whole fleet of inter-dimensional spaceships, and the girls' "magic rods" are some high-tech intelligent devices, using ultra-performant AI. And if you were expecting their rods to have a heart with ribbons on its end... look elsewhere, in Nanoha they have a (self propelled) hammer head, an energy scythe blade, or the rod itself is just a flaming sword. And all of them talk with a robotic voice.

Sure, for the moment everything has been pretty predictable, but I've been really enjoying it nonetheless.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Chi's New Address yesterday, it was fun, just like the first series. I'd gave it an 8 of 10, like the first series.

So, besides the anime's Detective Conan and Dragon Ball GT which I watch slowly. I decided to replace Chi's New Address with Sora no Otoshimono, I already watched 5 episode and I watched the 6th one yesterday.

I watch Detective Conan once or twice a month (I've read the manga already so I don't mind doing it so slowly) and I watch Dragon Ball GT when I feel like it, but I want it to last long. So besides those two (and the ton of live-action series) Sora no Otoshimono is just a fill'er'up. And this way I can get rid of series I don't care about.

Don't get me wrong, I did care about Chi, but I'm not caring about the series which'll replace it, like Sora no Otoshimono.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

finished watching the two seasons of Tetsuwan Birdy Decode, holy crap incredible series. I hope they make a third season, it had the best animated fights in recent anime

gonna watch Wolf's Rain next

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started Kuroshitsuji. <3<3<3 the manga has great art and the story is intriguing but the anime is special. Seeing Earl Phantomhive dressed up in color just leaves my speechless. The 1885 setting just makes the clothes and architecture so cool to watch. The comedy blends so well with the action and drama. I can't wait until season 2.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LilaChan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

HeartCatch Pretty Cure is definitely the best Pretty Cure generation/season up to now. Everything about it makes it a good mahou shoujo. The animation (surprisingly) is quite consistant up to now, the seiyuu cast is good (Mizuki Nana, the most popular seiyuu right now <3), the characters are lovable and developed along the episodes. I really hope Toei can keep up with it, Shugo Chara turned crap after Hello!Project took over it.

@I'm_Akiyama
    This is my first time seeing a male viewer for Kuroshitsuji....

Talking about it, Mizuki Nana is voicing the new 'master' in season two. I can't believe Nana-chan is actually starting voicing shows that I actually would watch (she usually voices main characters in shows I don't give a dam or a minor characters in series I do watch that appear once in a blue moon).

I wanted a totally girly sigature...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

im finishing up bamboo blade now and then im going to watch OP SH seperation arc then its Gun X Sword!!!! i have plans for after that but the list is too long.
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently watching Honey and Clover! It's a great anime, I'm loving every second of it. The story may not be strong but it's defintely a great anime to watch just for the lolz.

I don't know what anime I'll be watching next.. Feel free to suggest/recommend me any to check out!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Detroit Metal City
    Spice and Wolf

just because >.>

New Reply
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast