Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Finally finished Aoi Bungaku, at least the last story wasn't as hard on my heart as the first ones, can't believe that I've had enough of a Seiyuu after a single series, but hearing Masato Sakai in 5 different roles within 12 episodes was frightening, just as the series was a couple of times. Enough bad endings for the while.

Quiet happy that I started Ano Hana, is worth it's ranking till now, am at the middle point right now and the execution is great. I just love compelling anime, recommendations for '11 anime are welcome.

edit:
    Done with Ano Hana,Top 5 of '11 with Usagi Drop till now. Just finished Brave Story too, took me long enough...

Will probably finish Nichijou, Xam'd or Eureka Seven[still stuck where they once stopped subbing in '06^^] next. Haven't seen much harem/comedy lately so it's either Working!! or Mayo Chiki! inbetween too.
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 07, 2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished with BLOOD-C, Steins;Gate, and Ao no Exorcist a while ago. Now moving on with Mawaru Penguindrum (strange one indeed, but I can't help being curious), Persona 4 The Animation, and Chihayafuru. P4 seems like it's going to be awesome; gonna watch it after this. While Chihayafuru... I was thinking to read the manga, but somehow got delayed, and now that I saw there is an anime I decided to try the anime instead. XD

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't plan to start anime that I won't finish.
    Two good examples of this is GoSick and [C] both let me down so badly that I decided..meh.

The ones that actually look promising this season are:
    Phi Brain
    Mirai Nikki
    Un-go and Guilty Crown
    Un-Go looks like one of those rare detective anime that is actually thought provoking,
    at least thats what it looks like so I'm looking forward to it.

I would watch p4 if I'm not planning to play the game on vita in the future

and for the completed anime that I'll watch..only one:
    Hanasaku Iroha.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    and for the completed anime that I'll watch..only one:
    Hanasaku Iroha.
    Worth every minute of watching, she show is damn awesome and maybe the best slice-of-life anime I have seen so far.

I am watching Bakuman Season 2 already and I will definitely watchMirai Nikki , Un-go and Guilty Crown too, they all look promising.
    Gonna try out Kimi to Boku and C3 too but it depends on the first ep if I will continue watching. Not sure about Phi Brain either, the whole puzzle theme seems rather boring but I might try it when it gets good reception

edit: Uh totally disliked C3, dropped it after 10 mins of watching...
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 07, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is actually a pretty good anime if you can be patient and watch all of it, as it gets much more interesting in it's later half, but it's completely underappreciated and not well known, sadly. it needs more popularity, publicity, and respect, hehe:

S-CRY-RED

Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 11, 2011 at 02:29 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched Redline and Summer Wars, the first was just pure art and SW was a nice, entertaining movie.

Started watching Chihayafure, the first two episodes were pretty enjoyable, looks like it will be another good slice-of-life show. Mirai Nikki's first episode was fantastic, it could become my favourite of the season

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Done with Eureka SeveN, was a nice trip, did rewatch from the half point, had some nice suprises over the time.

Will watch Cyborg 009, the 1966 version, than Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail to finally finish off the franchise, maybe the other translated Cyborg 009 movie from 1980 too, sadly Cyborg 009 Kaijuu Sensou[1967] the real sequel to the original had seen no english release. Will return to my shedule from the post above after that to finish Xam'd.^^ Should be enough for this week...
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    The ones that actually look promising this season are:
    Phi Brain
    Mirai Nikki
    Un-go and Guilty Crown
    Not sure if Phi Brain is worth watching, at least for me. I checked two episodes yesterday. The plot was the one that dragged me to it, in hope that I'd get to see more puzzles and awesome solutions for it. But so far the first two episodes didn't show anything; instead speeding up things where it could be used to entertain viewers with solutions moves and such. Maybe it's just me. XD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to watch Sket Dance again, kinda forgot to watch it after the first two? episodes but I actually liked it and it looks like the anime is well-received so I'm gonna try to catch up with the current ep <_<

Guilty Crown and Un-Go will air tomorrow, definitely going to watch those two

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Gonna try out Kimi to Boku and C3 too but it depends on the first ep if I will continue watching. Not sure about Phi Brain ..
     I thought the 1st and the 2nd episodes of Kimi to Boku were nicely done (for female audience). I missed the 3rd but watched the 4th episode today. I found the new transfer student, who was introduced in the episode 3, being a bit too loud and obnoxious. I may give it another try.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyborg 009 (1966) was as expected, worth a lot of laugh about the quality and expectations of the future. XD Lot's of reused work/filler moments, but nice anyway. Black Lagoon was great, but not as thrilling as expected, didn't like one or two moments.

Rushed through Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa season 2 the last two days and was amazed by how consistent it was. Lot's of action and some explanation for the sequel series. Wish there was a third pack of OVA, but seems like I will have to read the manga for a conclusion.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching ~ Chrome Shelled G.... and ~ Gai-Rei-Zero, both are pretty good so far, I especially though am liking Gai-Rei-Zero, as they got a violent-bloody "Bad-Evil Saya" girl and her "little miss perfect Saya sister", hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 08, 2011 at 04:25 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rewarching Macross Frontier. Also started on Star Driver. Somewhat stalled with Tiger & Bunny.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. A rather interesting series. Many people couldn't get past the first 4 episodes, which were major infodumps that were rather off-putting. I was initially quite confused as to what the hell was going on but thankfully I watched with someone who had watched the series already, so I could ask questions and all that, heh. The action is pretty good but on the story side, things can be really quite confusing at times. I'm currently using this site to get answers to some of the questions I had while watching Another problem with the series was that there were just too many characters! They were all unique, but just... too many. The seiyuu were good, and Fukuyama Jun sounded like he was having a whole lot of fun voicing Aoi Tori

Despite all the various "problems", I found Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon interesting enough to look forward to season 2

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsume Yuujinchou Shi.

Almost finished with Otome Youkai Zakuro so I think I'll watch Tegami Bachi Reverse next..

New Reply
Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast