Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

New anime titled "KINGDOM" started this week in Japan. Its manga has been published in Young JUMP since 2006, but it's actually shounen-taste manga. KINGDOM is rated No.1 in Young Jump EVERY WEEK.
    If you love typical shounen manga like DragonBall and Hokuto-no-ken, I assure that you'll love KINGDOM.

Kingdom Episode 1 link
    http://www.animecrazy.net/kingdom-episode-1/294633/1/20

the first episode might be not interesting for you, but it'll be getting better and better. It's pity that the manga is not translated much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched Ghost in the Shell 2.0 and now I am watching GITS:Individual Eleven. After that, I'm going to watch GITS:The Laughing Man, and then GITS:Solid State Society.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently came across a still of Ergo Proxy so I've become interested in watching it. Another original series I'd like to watch are C (which I couldn't watch while it was airing) and Darker than Black. Unless the anime was much better than the manga/novel it was based on, I'd rather watch an original.

My to-watch list keeps growing. D:

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Started C when it was airing, but seemed to be mediocre and reviews confirmed that thought. Had a great experience with Ergo Proxy still.

Catching up with the Fairy Tail filler right now, typical filler, but it has a decent amount of humor in it to keep watching. Pleasantly surprised with Nazo no Kanojo X, can't wait for the next episode, it has a wonderful mix of oldschool art, romance, comedy and ecchi. Also saved up a couple episodes of Aquarion EVOL to make the final a bit more exciting. Just let this be the only season please, the designs were either to cliche or pretty crap for many characters. The most important one comes at the end, THORA's Gundam Unicorn 5 release for tonight.

edit: Done with Gundam, wow, this is how movies should be, breautiful art, tolerable usage of 3D elements, lovely design and a while a typical MSG story, still exciting to see how it unfolds. Sunrise are evil for ending it on a cliffhanger like that!
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 20, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched 'Tokyo Godfathers' the other day. It was a really good movie. Too bad Satoshi Kon died. He was a great film maker.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I recently came across a still of Ergo Proxy so I've become interested in watching it. Another original series I'd like to watch are C (which I couldn't watch while it was airing) and Darker than Black. Unless the anime was much better than the manga/novel it was based on, I'd rather watch an original.

My to-watch list keeps growing. D:
    I agree with Schabrak, C was rather average. An interesting concept nonetheless, I enjoyed it despite the rushed ending. You can check it out but don't expect anything great. Darker than Black is must-watch though, incredible first season. The OVA's closing the gap between the first and second season are fabulous too, the second season is kind of disappointing but by no means bad, it's rather... you will get what I mean should you watch it. I still hope Bones will create a third season at some point, the story isn't anywhere completed

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I could recommend Accel World, futuristic mix of a real and MMO world with the possibility to shift into a virtual reality where you are much faster than humanly possible. Be warned though, there are only robotic characters in the fighting world. Animation and quality is very good, but that wasn't a problem with C too. ^^

Spoiler: Pretty long trailer, but it doesn't spoil much. show
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 20, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Started C when it was airing, but seemed to be mediocre and reviews confirmed that thought. Had a great experience with Ergo Proxy still.
    Aww, it's too bad about C.

I'm only on the second episode of Ergo Proxy so far, and it's pretty interesting! I like the character design of Lil/Re-l and the cyberpunk setting.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I agree with Schabrak, C was rather average. An interesting concept nonetheless, I enjoyed it despite the rushed ending. You can check it out but don't expect anything great.
    Yeah, I'll probably watch an episode or two to see if it captures my attention. If not, I'll pass and watch something else instead.

Quote Quote:
    Darker than Black is must-watch though, incredible first season. The OVA's closing the gap between the first and second season are fabulous too, the second season is kind of disappointing but by no means bad, it's rather... you will get what I mean should you watch it. I still hope Bones will create a third season at some point, the story isn't anywhere completed
    I've heard lots of good things about this anime, and now I'm super intrigued because you like it too! The plot seems really detailed since there's an OVA and a second season.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I am going to watch Hakuouki Reimeroku an of course, I'm starting to watch Arcana Famiglia.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently watching Arcana Famiglia and Sword Art Online. The first is okay, I expect some light entertainment but that's it.
    Really liked the first episode of Sword Art, looks very promising so that's something I will definitely watch until the end

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Call me late but I just finished Fate/Zero season II. The quality of the anime is superb, love the OP & ED and of course the plot. I should not underestimate Gen Urobuchi's way of storytelling. Honestly I think this anime is much better than its sequel Fate/Stay Night. I haven't watch Unlimited Blade Works or play the visual novel, so my opinion might be not reliable.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So, this season I picked up;

- Arcana Famiglia; Reverse harem with a bad flow, silly methods of exposition and poor character introductions. And the preview of 2 episode killed it completly - the hunt for a lost cat... Dropped it right away.
    - Sword Art Online; Looked good. Setting not too unique, but the death thing gives it some edge. Some minor plotholes and I didn't find the start that interesting, but it certainly seems like something worth following for atleast a couple more episodes.
    - Moyashimon Returns; Solid return of the wonderfully hilarious series. Not exactly a triumphic comeback, but still nice. Quite fact heavy episode and I doubt that any new watcher gets anything out of really. The charm is in the characters.
    -Natsuyuki Rendezvous; Nice relaxed pace, this series will not prolly be a rollercoast of emotions with constant heart wrenching twists. Feels like it will build the mood in its own pace. Looked quite nice too. Not my genre really though and I didn't find the actual story that interesting, so not sure if I'm gonna follow it further.
    -Jinrui wa Suita Shimashita; Goes in the category "What the hell did I just watch"-anime. In a good sense though. The first episode was on the borderline on that, but the second episode delivered hilariously in the creepy yet cute randomness. From my point of view the best series of the season this far, or atleast best episode. Now that the first story is done, the question remains wheter it can keep presenting all the weirdness in a matter that it could be seen in positive light.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm a third of a way through Serial Experiments Lain. I know it's a well-praised anime, but I'm not really feeling it since I spoiled myself watching faster paced shows. (It has also been a while since I've watched something with a '90s animation style.) Nevertheless I'll keep watching to at least the halfway mark.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently watched the movie Millenium Actress. I found it excellent: a high quality animation, interesting plot and enjoyable characters!! I really recommend it to everyone.

And now, I'll watch Hakuouki Reimeiroku from this anime season. I watched the previous two seasons and I'm a bit curious abut this 3rd season, which is the prequel.

I'm going to pick up Natsuyuki Rendezvous. It wasn't my intention at first but once I watched the OP, I felt it could be an interesting choice. And I think I'll give a try to La Storia della Arcana Famiglia. It could be entertaiment.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently watched the first 3 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm enjoying it however I find the way it's constantly jumping forward over big stretches of time(using a date/floor stamp to give chronological and geographical perspective) cuts into my enjoyment a good bit, but everything else about the series seems quite good.

I plan to catch up one Eureka Seven AO next. I stopped at about episode 10 and I want to catch up but I'm almost afraid to; because the pacing and storytelling aspect of that series seemed like it was absolutely falling apart. Don't suppose anybody watches that and can tell me if my fears are justified or not?
    Last edited by Jammin; July 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast