Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yup, that's not a problem. IIRC the last case (in the manga) isn't in the anime too so you can go and check the ending I have to say that there were cases (in both anime and manga) which bored me a bit too though, while others were just awesome.

True, they added some stuff here and there but I can't recall more than two or three episodes which had a complete filler case for half an episode :/ they're still not that close but I agree, at this pace they will have to start including more.
    Awesome! It's nice to skip around knowing that I won't get spoiled. I understand about some cases being more interesting than others. There are separate characters and stories so things will appeal differently to people.

It's actually pretty surprising for a long-running anime like Sket Dance. Usually at this point there would have been several fillers by now. Although I quite like the small changes that do occur so I don't think fillers will be a bad thing.

Quote Quote:
    Mononokehime?
    And yeah, there are two (I think ) other characters who are involved more than once but most people just appear for one time and will never be seen again. Ginko does get his backstory though, so you will start to learn more about him
    Princess Mononoke? It's the Ghibli film. They both deal with spirituality and nature so I thought that was similar.

I can't wait to learn more about Ginko. Even though the story is set in historical Japan, I wonder why he has white hair. :/ (Or maybe it's simply a character design thing.)

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently watching Suzumiya Haruhi not Yuutsu and I'm enjoying it way more than I thought. I watch it in the original release order and not the chronological one, which turns out to be a pretty good decision (and was a a real nice idea by the producers).

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Awesome! It's nice to skip around knowing that I won't get spoiled. I understand about some cases being more interesting than others. There are separate characters and stories so things will appeal differently to people.
    It's a nice thing but on the other hand I usually couldn't watch more than 3 episodes a day because there's no overall plot. That's not a bad thing but you get kind of tired after watching a few episodes (at least that's the way I felt) - it has no real action, plot twists and similar stuff which is a good thing, because it makes you think about the content a lot, but is a bad thing for those who want to be entertained with the rather usual formula.

It's actually pretty surprising for a long-running anime like Sket Dance. Usually at this point there would have been several fillers by now. Although I quite like the small changes that do occur so I don't think fillers will be a bad thing.
    That's true, it's pretty surprising o_o I just hope it only gets a new time slot and doesn't end when the new Gintama eps are released.

Princess Mononoke? It's the Ghibli film. They both deal with spirituality and nature so I thought that was similar.
    Oh yeah lol I know that movie, it has been ages since I watched it though. It's similar in a way, yes.

I can't wait to learn more about Ginko. Even though the story is set in historical Japan, I wonder why he has white hair. :/ (Or maybe it's simply a character design thing.)
    No there's a plot reason

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Niichan, I continued our Mushishi conversation over here.
    My goal is to watch well-received shows from a short (or long) time ago so I've started on Witch Hunter Robin. I'm still trying to remember all the character's names.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been catching up on Eureka Seven AO. I've come to the conclusion that it's inferior to the original in every single way possible but I'm still watching it so I guess it's not all bad. I'm grateful to the show if for no other reason that it caused me to watch the original Eureka Seven again. I was a little afraid that it wouldn't be as good as I remembered but it totally was. Music, characters, inspired animation; it really was the complete package.

The only other thing I'm watching is Sword Art Online, which I'm enjoying thus far.

Is there anything else out there that anyone wants to recommend?

My goal is to watch well-received shows from a short (or long) time ago so I've started on Witch Hunter Robin. I'm still trying to remember all the character's names.
    I watched the dub of that on Adult Swim at one point and enjoyed it a great deal; not one of my all time favorites but still a good show.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 30, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to continue Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai after finishing the first part, as well as Fate/Stay Night after clearing Fate/Zero. I don't know what to expect from Kai though so many positive reviews I have seen for it (the first part is still a bit confusing and I've only seen one episode of Kai XD). As for Fate/Stay Night, it doesn't seem as good as first season but we'll see.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished the first season of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. I'm probably really late with watching the show but it was absolutely great. Now on to watch the second season and then the film.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm trying to continue Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai after finishing the first part, as well as Fate/Stay Night after clearing Fate/Zero. I don't know what to expect from Kai though so many positive reviews I have seen for it (the first part is still a bit confusing and I've only seen one episode of Kai XD). As for Fate/Stay Night, it doesn't seem as good as first season but we'll see.
    You will get all your answers in Kai phio-chin, only a few episodes into the second season and you will already understand a lot it's better than the first one or more like the first one was a build-up for the second.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm just catching up with 10 episodes of Kokoro Connect. Ignoring the recent off screen drama, technically, the animation quality is not special, but story wise, this Anime surpasses my expectation. I thought I would get a cliche slice-of-life daily school since the premise of the story is not really that strong to attract my interest, but in fact a good execution can produce such an impressive result. With 7 episodes left, I hope this anime won't disappoint me once it ends.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. God this was epic, should have watched that long ago. The drama, the comedy, the suspense, everything was just plain awesome~

Now I really wish they would animate the rest of the novels.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started watching 'Kids on the Slope'. Three episodes in and I am loving it. I might start reading the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Either Paprika or Eden of the East... The BDs just arrived.

Any recommendation which to take first?
    Last edited by hoeru; September 14, 2012 at 05:53 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Either Paprika or Eden of the East... The BDs just arrived.

Any recommendation which to take first?
    I would definitely go with Paprika. Weird, special and awesome. Who needs Inception when you can watch Paprika

Eden of the East.. do you mean everything, including the series and the two movies? I watched all three but while it was enjoyable, it had it's boring moments. I do not want to spoil you but you prolly shouldn't expect that much of it, it's an okay/good watch.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm completely caught up on Eureka Seven AO now and I feel compelled to tell anyone who might be even slightly interested do yourself a favor and just stay away. As much as I loved Eureka Seven, and as much respect as I have for the studio BONES, after 20 episodes it has become painfully apparent that this is just not good in any way.

I'm genuinely trying to think of something nice to say about it right now and I can't think of anything; that's how bad it is. Wait...I got something! The first episode was really good....That's all I got.

It's sorta surprising to me that BONES would put out something so devoid of quality of any kind. Their work is usually so reliable.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For some odd reason I'm halfway through Inuyasha: Kanketsu-hen. Inuyasha was my first ever fandom for anime/manga so there's a huge rush of nostalgia watching it. The first couple of episodes were awfully fast-paced, but right now things are stabilizing itself. I noticed that the animation is slightly different from the original; the character design seems closer to Rumiko's art style.

Since I'm going through a seiyuu phase again, I want to watch Le Chavlier d'Eon where Narita Ken is voicing one of the main characters.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than the anime's I'm watching during the fall season, I'm currently watching BD's of Baccano!, yeah I know I'm late but it's waaaaay better than I thought it would be. I should have watched it before DRRR!. That and I'm watching bd's of index, it's been on my watching list for a while so I gave it a try, plus I'm catching up to the sket dance anime now that it's done.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't typically watch much anime, but lately I've been in the mood for it.

I've seen 26 episodes of Space Brothers, and I really adore this show. I think it's really well done.

After that, I watched the first 5 episodes of Giant Killing. I'm kind of bored with it though. I don't even really like soccer and I don't care much about the characters yet. I'll give it a few more episodes.

Another anime I've recently tried is Natsuyuki Rendezvous. It's decent so far, but I think I would like it more without the supernatural element.

And finally, I just watched the first episode of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, which I thought was very promising.

New Reply
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast