Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Because of you both, it's now added to my to-watch list. I've read in Wikipedia about 5cm/s before but didn't have to check it out.

On the other hand, now starting with Kara no Kyoukai after first recommended to me around 2 years ago when I first signed up here (). The first two episodes are very confusing to me, in terms of plot. Perhaps I will understand more in upcoming episodes. But graphic and sound wise, I'm not disappointed at all. So much Kalafina and Kajiura-san! <33333
    Everything made by Shinkai Makoto is great, basically. 5cm/s is wonderful, I think it's suitable for your taste and it doesn't need any deep understanding in order to enjoy it to the fullest.

On the other hand, Kara no Kyoukai can be a little bit confusing occasionally. Keep it mind that you have to remember the "real" order, not the movie order, and pay a lot of attention especially during the 5th movie. It's one of Type-Moon great works, and in my opinion it's the second best after Fate/Stay Night Franchise.
    Last edited by Doraku; November 06, 2012 at 03:18 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Initial D Fifth stage

next i plan to re-watch Initial D 1,2,3 and 4th stage
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    On the other hand, Kara no Kyoukai can be a little bit confusing occasionally. Keep it mind that you have to remember the "real" order, not the movie order, and pay a lot of attention especially during the 5th movie. It's one of Type-Moon great works, and in my opinion it's the second best after Fate/Stay Night Franchise.
    I think I get the basic plot, but at times I need to read or rewind the scenes once or twice to get the hang of the motive behind the antagonists. I finished episode 4 last night and I think it's really a cool series. Graphic-wise it's a top notch, just like F/Z, and the soundtracks by Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki need not to be questioned. It started to be interesting for me since episode 2 actually, and the suspense was built well from there on. Loving it, definitely.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I finished AnoHana, a spectacular anime recommended to all. AnoHana is an incredibly human, emotionally honest show about loss, mourning, guilt, and learning to move on without forgetting filled with memorable characters, all flawed but ultimately likable. Menma is one of the most memorable characters in any anime I have ever watched.

With AnoHana finished I started Tonari no Kabitsu-kun, and should catch up tonight or tomorrow. I've (partially) read the manga and know what to expect from the anime. I will start Hyouka once I have caught up with Tonari.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching Steins Gate and i'm halfway now on the series. <Okabe's hilarious> . Next would be robotic notes, 'cause its timeline is somehow a sequel/related to s.g.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you watch Chaos;Head? Technically it takes place before Steins;Gate, though it's pretty different. I think if you watch it, you'll notice some references to it in its "sequels".

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught up with Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, a very nice, entertaining anime. Mizutani is a great female lead; assertive, strong willed, able to stand up for herself even when she is not completely sure of herself. The voice work throughout is outstanding. This may be the best animated series of the season; vivid, colorful, dynamic, and smooth.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Okabe Rintarou is awesomely genius and humorous, Mizutani Shizuku is awesomely not-so-cold-hearted-as-what-she-seems like, and Yoshida Haru is awesomely sweet but lonely puppy.

As for me, I have just finished watching Kara no Kyoukai last night. Finally. While I do find its plot and explanation to be sometimes confusing, I like it. Animation and music by far are the best of anime movies I have seen. I'm quite fine with the ending, although there are some questions left, and while I agree with some bad things mentioned in some reviews about Kara no Kyoukai, overall it is a great series. It shows another side of humanity, how darkness grows, but also how there are lights around you in a way you don't really realize before.

Planning to continue with 5cm/second soon. After exam.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Okabe Rintarou is awesomely genius and humorous, Mizutani Shizuku is awesomely not-so-cold-hearted-as-what-she-seems like, and Yoshida Haru is awesomely sweet but lonely puppy.
    Natsume-chan is my favorite character. She's adorable.

---------- Post added November 25, 2012 at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was November 21, 2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

Last night I finished Hyouka, a wonderful mystery anime Doraku recommended to me. Something about the show felt more like a novel, the way the story unfolded and the characters developed felt more like a good book than an anime. A very memorable anime I would recommend to anyone. Niichan recommended I watch Stein's;Gate, which I'll start this afternoon.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Next on my list are Clannad and Hyouka if I find some time while watching the nuggets of this season.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Next on my list are Clannad and Hyouka if I find some time while watching the nuggets of this season.
    Yay!! I already told you but I’m very glad that you have decided to check out Clannad. I hope you like it as much as I did. Please do share your comments about it.

Hyouka is awesome as well. It is an interesting, intelligent and fun series. Definitely worthy of being watched.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Yay!! I already told you but I’m very glad that you have decided to check out Clannad. I hope you like it as much as I did. Please do share your comments about it.

Hyouka is awesome as well. It is an interesting, intelligent and fun series. Definitely worthy of being watched.
    You already know how I feel about Clannad (and Clannad: After Story). Taken together both are still among my favorite anime ever. A beautiful story I'd actually compare to only AnoHana in emotional impact.

Clannad and Hyouka actually share male leads. Nakamura Yuuichi voices Clannad's Tomoya and Hyouka's Oreki.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Skyguardian: Kaiten-kun reminded me of this but if you watch Clannad, Clannad After Story is a must!

@ Kaiten-kun: Iirc, I think Fuku-chan was your favorite character, wasn't she?. I don’t know if you have checked out “Little Busters” but there is a character that reminds me of Fuko-chan a lot in that anime. Btw, the fact that you compared AnoHana to Clannad has made me very curious about AnoHana.

And Clannad and Hyouka also share male supporting characters, Sunohara and Satoshi have the same seiyuu.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    @ Kaiten-kun: Iirc, I think Fuku-chan was your favorite character, wasn't she?. I don’t know if you have checked out “Little Busters” but there is a character that reminds me of Fuko-chan a lot in that anime. Btw, the fact that you compared AnoHana to Clannad has made me very curious about AnoHana.
    She definitely was a favorite. I loved her arc, I think it was where the emotional tone of the story was first established. She was also so sweet, adorable, and sad. Over the course of the series I think I came to like Tomoya more though. His evolution from apathetic child to responsible, caring adult was the heart of the series - at least for me. I did love Nagisa too, of course.

I definitely think you'd like AnoHana. Emotionally it is very similar to Clannad, though romance is a little less central to AnoHana. It's a really good show about friendship and overcoming tragedy, with a nice balance of humor and tragedy. Menma is one of the most memorable anime characters I have ever seen.

Quote Quote:
    And Clannad and Hyouka also share male supporting characters, Sunohara and Satoshi have the same seiyuu.
    I knew he sounded familiar! And both characters act as foils to Tomoya and Oteki, though I thought Satoshi was far more memorable than Sunohara.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, world. I finally finished Neon Genesis Evangelion and End of Evangelion.

Current status: a mid-level mental confusion. I need to excuse myself very soon.

What I want to say about the series is that it is great in its own way. Starting from the very first episode of the 26-episode of NGE, I think the basic plot is good, as well as the characters used for the plot. For me the characters are real; as annoying and confusing as they could be, they all have painful stories that make up to who they are throughout the story. Plot wise, well, I think it's the most confusing part of the series. I'm still trying to connect the pieces of information to form one big story line to help me understand the story better, but I guess I get the general idea. The message is probably simple, but delivered in such a way to make you think a bit deeper about it.

The presentation of the series is rather 'serious' with the blood and rather sexual-related scenes, but otherwise, it's a good series.

I'm planning to take a break from thinking and will probably find a laid-back slice of life anime after this. Continuing the second season of Natsume Yuujinchou sounds like a good idea. XD

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast