Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Have to agree on this one. My favorite episodes are the third and fourth episode, where Jinrui makes a parody about doujinshi culture. The Pion arc is bad because.. Jinrui is trying to be dramatic, but it fell flat. I also love the flashback when Watashi became a mediator for the very first time.
    The doujin episodes, deserted island episodes, and flashbacks to Watashi's school days were my favorites. Pion and Oyage's true identities were so dopey that it ruined whatever redeeming qualities that arc may have had.

Quote Quote:
    and I knew Mawaru because you posted about it here. I could name last year Anime which are more familiar (to me, at least) than Mawaru: AnoHana, Tiger and Bunny, Fate/Zero, Children Who Chases Lost Voices from Deep Below.. but shamefully I never heard about Mawaru. I watched Utena, but never followed the news about its creator, so I was a tad surprised when I found out that Mawaru was created by him.
    No, Mawaru definitely did not have the stature of any of those series. It's well known enough to be licensed in the US; the first set of BD's come out on New Year's eve. It is not a name brand, franchise though. Mawaru is not even close in popularity to the titles you mentioned.

Quote Quote:
    Never heard of him before I watched Kakeru Shoujo, but probably I watched one of his works previously since I also watch One Piece and Digimon movies. Going to add Summer Wars to my watching list.
    He's very popular in Japan, kind of a "rival" to Shinkai for the title of "next Miyazaki". The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was his first movie (aside from One Piece and such), the one that kind of made him a household name.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

I just finished watching Production I.G.'s wonderful film, A Letter to Momo. Fans of Ghibli and Shinkai will love Momo, a beautiful told story about family, love, and home. Worthy of all the accolades it has received in Japan.

---------- Post added December 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was December 25, 2012 at 05:48 PM ----------

I just watched Hotarubi no Mori e (Into the Forest of Fireflies' Light), a short movie based on a one shot by Natsume Yojincuou mangaka Midorikawa Yuki. Hotarubi no Mori e is a lovely movie about how it only takes one special person to put an end to loneliness, the strength of the bonds we form, but how relationships are still ultimately temporary things.

---------- Post added December 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was December 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

In retrospect, going two (or more, can't remember) years watching little or no anime was a better idea than I thought. I suddenly have a near limitless number of recent shows and movies to watch. Tonight I watched the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, reminding myself why I loved that series so much in the first place. Kyon is a classic character, but Nagato steals the show.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched any anime in a long time. So i restarted with two OVAs (Shin Prince of Tennis and Junjou Romantica).
    Next, i will watch K-project and the new anime Hakkenden.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently re-watching One Piece! I'm planning on finally watching Madoka Magica, K Project, Psycho Pass, and Magi in the near future! And I would love to re-watch Tsuritama and K-On!

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently I have finished with Amagami SS and Amagami SS+. I watched upon my friend's request and he said that Amagami is "one of the best romance Anime" out there, so I was a little bit pumped up. I would say the concept is interesting, since it gives you multiple endings with different girls, pretty much keeping same mechanism with galge visual novel. Unfortunately, the interesting way of story telling does not match up with the quality of the story line. I think there is only one girl route which I like, but in general they're pretty boring although still watchable. If you're interested in watching romance Anime and have some free time, I'd say that this Anime could be one of your options, but I'm not going to say that this Anime is a mandatory for romance suckers.

The next Anime I'm going to watch is Summer Wars.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    The next Anime I'm going to watch is Summer Wars.
    Have fun with that, hands down, one of the best anime movies i have watched. Truly entertaining.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, just wow. That's pretty much my overall reaction after I finished watching Summer Wars, because of Kaiten's recommendation. I did not really like The Girl Who Leap Through Time, but this time Mamoru Hosoda amazed me in so many ways. The story is well-written and more importantly the animation is beautifully pictured. He deserves to be called as Makoto Shinkai's rival for the next Miyazaki. I'm eagerly waiting for his latest movie to be subbed.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Next I'm going to watch Hellsing Ultimate OVA series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Bakemonogatari right now. I don't really get it, but I want to finish it for some reason.

EDIT: Nevermind. It grew on me. Those long, nonsensical, Quentin Tarantino-esque dialogue scenes threw me off. The first few and some others were weird and boring, but a lot of them do pay off. I really like the idea of just two characters interacting for an extended period of time, but it would be a lot better if they dialogue was more meaningful and less nonsensical.

Now I'm on to Nisemonogatari.

The more I watch this series, the more it reminds me of a stage play.

The structure of this show kind of reminds me of the 2007 film version of 'Sleuth'.
    Last edited by MattC302; January 16, 2013 at 02:27 PM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished Elfen Lied, it was an excellent watch. What an intense series, it managed to capture me completely and touched me on so many levels. I'm hardly able to write down my thoughts, that's how much it amazed me. Maybe I will be able to say more when I've cooled down but for now a big thanks to Kait, who made me check out the show.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I just finished Elfen Lied, it was an excellent watch. What an intense series, it managed to capture me completely and touched me on so many levels. I'm hardly able to write down my thoughts, that's how much it amazed me. Maybe I will be able to say more when I've cooled down but for now a big thanks to Kait, who made me check out the show.
    The most memorial thing about the anime series (the manga was better btw) for me was the ingenious starting sequence. Elfen Lied was actually one of the first Animes i watched as such (i had only seen the usual suspects like DBZ, Digimon and so forth on German TV) and the beginning simply blew me away.

Here it is

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like a short list fo me this winter, mainly sticking with Sasami-san and Tamako Market, keeping an eye on OreShura and Vividred Operation, but I do not expect much. AKB0048 - Next Stage was fun but I do have to watch the first season, that would be next on my list.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only new shows I am watching this winter are Tamako Market, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, and Sasami-san@Ganbarani. I found the first two episodes of OreShura to boring, and Vividred was a little to ridiculous and over the top to follow. I found myself laughing to hard after the opening scene to continue. I may give it another try. It's a least a good natured show, aware of what it is, their audience, and what the audience wants. There are absolutely no pretensions or delusions of grandeur to it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Chihayafuru S2, Maou Yuusha, Kotoura-san, Tamako Market and Mondaiji-tachi from this season. Dropped OreShura and Vividred Operation, the first just didn't interest me enough and the second was plain horrible. Not sure if I will continue Mondaiji but I'm pretty fond of the rest so I think I will go with these until the end.

Next I'm going to watch the K-On movie, time for some entertaining and funny moe stuff
    Afterwards I will give Gintama another try.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Still following some on-going titles from previous season (PP, Zetsuen, R;N) as I try some new titles like Chihayafuru 2, Tamako Market, Sasami-san, and Vividred. Vividred's summary is super plain, I'll just give it a quick try to see if it's worth checking out. Aside from that I still want (or need) to finish third season of Natsume Yuujinchou and Shakugan no Shana. Too many, too many...

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I have finished watching Angel Beats!. It's not as moving as CLANNAD or Kanon, but nonetheless I need to say that Angel Beats! is a solid and awesome Anime, regardless of its flaws and plot holes. The Anime is moving pretty monotonous during the first 4 episodes, but the thrills are escalating from episode 5 onward. I believe the problem with this Anime is it is only consist of 13 episodes, which is a pretty narrow room for this Anime to improve and using its wonderful cast. If this Anime were a two-cour series, I believe that this Anime is going to be really awesome. All in all, this is a pretty safe recommendation for anyone, if you have some time, you definitely need to watch Angel Beats!.

I only watch three series from the Winter season, namely Tamako Market, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, and the latest installment of Minami-ke franchise, Minami-ke : Tadaima.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kotoura-san from this season is great and needs more love, you two should go and watch it

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast