Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Kotoura-san from this season is great and needs more love, you two should go and watch it
    What is it about? Is it an original anime, from the looks of it it seems like "just another romance anime". :O

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    What is it about? Is it an original anime, from the looks of it it seems like "just another romance anime". :O
    It's about a girl who hears what others think in their mind. It caused her an immense amount of trouble in the past (and still does to some extent) but can be extremely funny too. And the main lead is just awesome

Not saying anything else to avoid spoilers but seriously, it's good right from the start. Like I said to Kaiten yesterday this might be one of the best shows of the winter season, it really surprised me

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night finished watching the second season of K-On. K-On was spectacular, one of the funniest, most likable anime I have ever watched. I really can not say enough good things about it. The animation was spectacular, with amazing attention to detail. The director really understood the importance of motion, posture, body language, and hand gestures. I'll watch the movie later this week or next. Every character was memorable, unique, likable, and funny. Azunyan and Yui were the best though.

I started the ongoing OVA remake of the classic 1970's space opera Space Battleship Yamato.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I have finished watching Angel Beats!. It's not as moving as CLANNAD or Kanon, but nonetheless I need to say that Angel Beats! is a solid and awesome Anime, regardless of its flaws and plot holes. The Anime is moving pretty monotonous during the first 4 episodes, but the thrills are escalating from episode 5 onward. I believe the problem with this Anime is it is only consist of 13 episodes, which is a pretty narrow room for this Anime to improve and using its wonderful cast. If this Anime were a two-cour series, I believe that this Anime is going to be really awesome. All in all, this is a pretty safe recommendation for anyone, if you have some time, you definitely need to watch Angel Beats!.
    I watched Angel Beats when it aired and felt the same way. For the first few episodes it felt like generic and uninteresting. Then when the focus shifted to Tenshi, it suddenly became an excellent show. Maybe not a classic, but definitely a show I would also recommend.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching the K-On movie, damn great. Dunno if I need to say anymore, as Kaiten pretty much described the show above. The movie has the same qualities and even surpassed the two seasons. The plot (Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Mugi are right before graduation) really made it for me and provided some strong emotional impact at the end, I think I couldn't stop smiling for the last 10 minutes or so. Yui and Azusa were priceless and I really enjoyed all the songs, excellent finish that surpassed my expectations. Now I'm in a really lighthearted mood

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll watch the movie later this week, or maybe next. Whenever I'm in the mood for a movie, and craving a little K-On. I need to watch the Berserk movies soon too.

Space Battleship Yamato is epic, everything I could ever want from an old school style sci-fi anime. Long winded, pseudo scientific jargon, sassy talking robots, unapologetic manliness, and really, really big explosions. It will transition from an OVA series to TV in April. Based on episode titles, it looks like the OVA's will re-air on TV at that time. I do not know if any new content will be airing on TV.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Angel Beats! is pretty good. The first few episodes were just so-so from me. It went better as the group tried to find more things about the place, the life stories, and the ending. I didn't expect myself to cry at the ending, LOL~

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Kotoura-san from this season is great and needs more love, you two should go and watch it
    Okay, I guess I'll try. One slot is open since I dropped Vividred. I feel like watching a new Power Ranger with female soldiers and lots of fan service.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just caught up with the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 remake. Classic, an amazing anime. Intense, action packed, and intelligently written. Not to be missed. I can't wait for the next volume (containing episodes 11 - 14), due out on February 22.

NGE creator Anno Hideaki helped with storyboards for the OP. He claims the original as his favorite anime, the series that first helped develop his interest in anime.

Next I will watch Kotoura-san, recommended by niichan.

---------- Post added January 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was January 23, 2013 at 03:59 PM ----------

The first two episodes were both very good, very enjoyable. A funny show unafraid to explore the more serious side of high school; loneliness, abandonment, and bullying all are integral to the plot. A very good show, I definitely recommend giving it a try.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 23, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I just caught up with the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 remake. Classic, an amazing anime. Intense, action packed, and intelligently written. Not to be missed. I can't wait for the next volume (containing episodes 11 - 14), due out on February 22.
    1/25 is the B-day of Leiji Matsumoto, director of the classic Space Battleship Yamato, so I was just thinking about the remake.

Recently I finished Another, a suspense anime. I enjoyed the story, but I liked the first half better.

I still have 10+ episodes from Sword Art Online. I feel a bit nostalgic about the days when I was still watching .hack// (Roots,and G.U.) and Dragon Drive. luv SAO.

Chihayafuru 2 has started. I guess I will continue the season 2. 1st episode was a bit slow though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished Kokoro Connect, a very good, underrated anime. Not quite a classic, but still a great series for anyone looking for something a little more serious. There is more to every character than meets the eyes, as the story explores the motivation, and possible psychology behind anime character tropes. The aloof, serious girl Inaba Himeko is the best, cast against type as one of the stars of the show. My only fault is that every situation is resolved a little too easy, and quickly, robbing the story of a little drama. Michi Random, the four part special adapting book four, was the best part. Be warned that there is not much of a second season ending. The loose ends are worth it, Kokoro Connect is a rewarding series.

If anyone notices the striking similarities in character design to K-On, that is to be expected. KyoAni's Horiguchi Yukiko is the artist for the original novels. She also did the character design for Lucky Star, K-On, and Tamako Market.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I'm still in a bishoujo mood, so next is Tari Tari. I'm not sure what to expect. I've never seen a rec for it here, it has a mediocre ranking at MAL, but it's a top seller in Japan. It looks interesting enough, no harm in trying.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

lol the choir was introduced singing the OP of True Tears! I already like this show.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 13, 2013 at 06:34 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I just finished Kokoro Connect, a very good, underrated anime. Not quite a classic, but still a great series for anyone looking for something a little more serious. There is more to every character than meets the eyes, as the story explores the motivation, and possible psychology behind anime character tropes. The aloof, serious girl Inaba Himeko is the best, cast against type as one of the stars of the show. My only fault is that every situation is resolved a little too easy, and quickly, robbing the story of a little drama. Michi Random, the four part special adapting book four, was the best part. Be warned that there is not much of a second season ending. The loose ends are worth it, Kokoro Connect is a rewarding series.

If anyone notices the striking similarities in character design to K-On, that is to be expected. KyoAni's Horiguchi Yukiko is the artist for the original novels. She also did the character design for Lucky Star, K-On, and Tamako Market.
    It really is a good series and would have been much more appreciated if the off set problems werent revelead.also they finished as originally planned with 17 episode. I dont even know if they will air the remaining ones or release with DVD. such a shame actually. May start reading the novels to see what is happening....

Other than that I started Kamisama Hajimemashita after finishing the manga till the 14th volume thinking it will at least last 2 cours but Hopefully a 2. season will be announced soon.

And 1 thing that makes me happy is Hetalia is back.....

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai will be the next on my list because the second season is going to start soon. I'm looking forward to it.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished Say "I Love You" a few nights ago. I'm not sure what series I will watch next but I have a few in mind.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otaku Theater: Anime Hangout

This afternoon I finished Tari Tari, a good show, but not great. The animation, art, voice work, and music were outstanding. Tari Tari is a very well made anime, I have no complaints on the technical side. The story was effecting enough, emotionally genuine, but the story is a little more high school drama than I like. The characters were good, memorable, and easily distinguishable, but a little bland. Overall Tari Tari was worth watching. I think I would have liked it more watching it on a weekly basis.

I'm going to watch Oreimo next. I want to try it before season two debuts.

MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's been a few years...but I started by finishing off the Hellsing Ultimate OVA.

The animation is better than any I've seen for an OVA or tv series...it is mind blowingly stylish, fluid, gothic, with tons of wow moments. The voice acting is very good with emotions conveyed well, the soundtrack is spectacular...dark but energetic. The story is unfortunately not up to par...it is actually really good about half way through, bur the last half of the series is a ton of awesomely stylish battles with not too much plot. 3 armies...the protestants, catholics, and the nazis battle it out.

It is a series that oozes style, and is definitely worth the watch cause of that...even if it isn't the deepest series in the world.

I also recently finished the much hyped and uber popular Fate/Zero anime...since I felt like watching what many thought was the best of 2012. It was quite entertaining and seeing legendary heroes is pretty cool. Animation uses a bit too much CGI (obvious 3d kind) for my liking but is quite sharp and especially strong in the action scenes. Plot is good...however I feel some things were rushed and episode space was wasted. An entire episode was dedicated to a minor character who isn't part of the Holy grail war, and on top of that had no influence to the main plot. It was affectively filler. Then there were 2 full episodes dedicated to the backstory of what would be the main character, which could have been compressed into 1. Great revelations and twists, were often rushed through, and many things left unexplained for lack of time..but if it was used more efficently it wouldn't have been a problem.

It still is quite entertaining, and I enjoyed it.

Since I recently read Vinland Saga (still reading) I might check out Planetes anime next.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching Chu 2 Byo, thanks to Naruto-nii.
    Wow, it was a short rollercoaster ride but a fun one nonetheless...going from comedy, romance to drama with so much emotions in it. Props to the director and Kyoani for making another wonderful series.
    I really like Rikka and well, I have mixed thoughts about the ending and the message the anime is trying to deliver but still, love this series as a whole.
    I think it's probably the best one in the winter season not that I was really around.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast