Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime are you watching and next on your list?

Some works are just eternally awesome, not matter how much time passes. The secret is to keep "trends" out of the medium, while keeping the plot thick. I've still got to watch both side-story OVA yet, maybe after I'm done with GitS:SAC 2nd GIG. I would rather rewatch Terra e though, damn I need a good scifi series again, too many mecha series without going really into outer space. And Heroic Age was sadly released at the very same time.

That chart looks similar to the conditions for acceptance into the MAL LOGH club.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Some works are just eternally awesome, not matter how much time passes. The secret is to keep "trends" out of the medium, while keeping the plot thick. I've still got to watch both side-story OVA yet, maybe after I'm done with GitS:SAC 2nd GIG. I would rather rewatch Terra e though, damn I need a good scifi series again, too many mecha series without going really into outer space. And Heroic Age was sadly released at the very same time.

That chart looks similar to the conditions for acceptance into the MAL LOGH club.
    I think it is

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fate/Zero was brilliant, intelligent and action packed. Next up is the second Berserk movie, and Drrr.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Fate/Zero was brilliant, intelligent and action packed. Next up is the second Berserk movie, and Drrr.
    When are you watching LoGH and Kara no Kyoukai? I would like to see your take on both, though the former takes a while to watch of course

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched Berserk II. Better than part I, a more exciting part of the manga. Like Part I, the animation was flawed. Otherwise, a great anime. Can't wait for subs of the third, and best, part.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    When are you watching LoGH and Kara no Kyoukai? I would like to see your take on both, though the former takes a while to watch of course
    I doubt I will have the time for LoGH until the summer. I'm not sure about Kana yet. A lot depends on what type of mood I'm looking for. I always post what I'm watching next here, I'll update when I start.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched Berserk II. Better than part I, a more exciting part of the manga. Like Part I, the animation was flawed. Otherwise, a great anime. Can't wait for subs of the third, and best, part.

I doubt I will have the time for LoGH until the summer. I'm not sure about Kana yet. A lot depends on what type of mood I'm looking for. I always post what I'm watching next here, I'll update when I start.
    To tell you the truth, i think that you need the right mindset for both, LoGH and Kara, before watching it. Both are not animes that you watch on the side and without investing in them. LoGH is this epic tale that has rather deep, underlying themes and topics that are representative for human history itself while Kara no Kyoukai is rather complicated and confusing at times if you are not attentive enough. So, rather than rushing through them, i would suggest that you take your time, no matter how long it takes. One thing though, both absolutely belong to the best anime of all times and are definitely in my top 10.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally I'm catching up with Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - a gorgeous remake and I could understand why Anno loves it. Cannot wait for the next OVA series. I'm also have finished watching Ookami Kodomo Ame to Yuki, a heartwarming story with superb storytelling, I guess this is the best Mamoru's picture to date.

I'm planning to continue watching Oreimo after this.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Finally I'm catching up with Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - a gorgeous remake and I could understand why Anno loves it. Cannot wait for the next OVA series. I'm also have finished watching Ookami Kodomo Ame to Yuki, a heartwarming story with superb storytelling, I guess this is the best Mamoru's picture to date.

I'm planning to continue watching Oreimo after this.
    I've set aside tomorrow for Ami to Yuki. Have had it on my hard drive for a week now
    I loved The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and (especially) Summer Wars, so no excuses. I just kind of ended up deciding to watch the Berserk movies first.

Yamato is indeed awesome. The remake is really impressive too. I like how they kept all the 70's style anime flair, but updated the science. It is easy to forget, but the original is so old that the Voyager probes had not even been launched. We had no hi-res pictures of Jupiter and Saturn, and no pictures at all of Uranus and Neptune. I decided to stop following the OVA version, and will start watching the TV recasts, coming in April. The next OVA will not be out until May, the theatrical run will be in April.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

With Psycho-Pass coming to an end, I have to say that it had been a satisfying journey since last fall, and I feel something is missing from my watch-list now since it was one of four current anime which I mainly following weekly.. Hopefully a next season would air next year or a movie adaptation perhaps.

Last but not least, I'm reducing my current backlog when I finished watching first season of Oreimo. A funny and happy anime, a guaranteed dose of good entertainment. Definitely going to watch the second season.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Last but not least, I'm reducing my current backlog when I finished watching first season of Oreimo. A funny and happy anime, a guaranteed dose of good entertainment. Definitely going to watch the second season.
    Funny that I just finished watching OreImo today I thought the mix between a hilarious setting, some drama and lots of funny moments was really well done. Enjoyed it way more than I thought, which is thanks to a surprisingly strong cast. It's rare that I like all the characters introduced in a series but I can't think of anyone that I found boring. I thought changing the OP and ED everytime was a genius move too, I was really looking forward to what I would get next time

The whole Kyousoke/Kirino interaction reminds me of Haruhi and Kyon a lot, maybe that's another reason why I loved the show definitely looking forward to the next season.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroneko and Kirino are god tier characters. Oreimo surprised me too, I did not expect it to be as good as it was. I really can't wait for season two. I loved Nakamura Yuuichi as Kyousoke. He may be my favorite male VA. I love his comedic timing, I love what he did with that character.

The episode Kirino met with the anime execs is kind of ironic, in retrospect, since Oreimo switched studios for season two.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 24, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroneko and Kirino are god tier characters. Oreimo surprised me too, I did not expect it to be as good as it was. I really can't wait for season two. I loved Nakamura Yuuichi as Kyousoke. He may be my favorite male VA. I love his comedic timing, I love what he did with that character.

The episode Kirino met with the anime execs is kind of ironic, in retrospect, since Oreimo switched studios for season two.
    Without a doubt, they're my favourites too together with Kyousuke. Shame I didn't watch it back when it aired but I'm sure as hell looking forward to the second season.

True that, though when I watched that episode I smiled because Kirino went all "And wouldn't it be cool if we had a different OP and ED every episode, and different artists singing?!!" and that's exactly what OreImo got

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Have watched Zettai Karen Children THE UNLIMITED up to episode 10 this week, it felt great even without reading the original series, mc is great, plot is moving nicely and there's a lot of action, so that's a thumbs up from me! Will wait for the final episode tomorrow to get a 40 min special.

Also finally got into watching GitS:2nd Gig, I'm at ep 17/18 right now, nice to see them spend some episodes on the support characters, the plot has finally become more clear with the mysterious antagonist getting some character development. This will be one long night.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Without a doubt, they're my favourites too together with Kyousuke. Shame I didn't watch it back when it aired but I'm sure as hell looking forward to the second season.

True that, though when I watched that episode I smiled because Kirino went all "And wouldn't it be cool if we had a different OP and ED every episode, and different artists singing?!!" and that's exactly what OreImo got
    That's why you need to watch things when they air.

I don't actually watch that much stuff anymore, but there will usually be like one thing I'll focus on a season. Oreimo was one of those hilarious, must watch animes (the LN's pretty amusing as well) that needed to be watched week to week that I watched when it aired.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

While I would have liked watching it as it aired, Oreimo was the perfect series to marathon. It was so fun, and so funny, I really enjoyed watching three or four episodes a day. It really was the perfect show to watch as a batch.

lol I hadn't thought about that
    I guess they weren't simply venting about AIC.

New Reply
Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast