Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I've been planning to watch Index/Railgun for a while but I'm not sure what approach to take. Do I have to watch all the Index episodes first, to watch Railgun? Because I heard mixed things about Index, and I'm not sure if it's worth the time.
    You can skip straight to Railgun without first watching, or reading Index. There is almost no cross over between the two. Touma, the main character, makes a few, brief, cameos in Railgun season one. He plays a larger role in season two. As long as you know he's the main character from Index, no further explanation is needed. The other Index characters only make a brief cameo in one episode of Railgun season one. The plot only overlap in Railgun season two, but the Railgun version is more detailed, giving a fuller explanation, with the action starting before events from Railgun. The Index version is four episodes long, the Railgun version is sixteen. The Index version coincides only with the climax of Railgun. Railgun is otherwise completely unaffected by the plot of Index. If you want to watch Index first, there is no harm. If you want to watch Railgun first, you won't have any trouble following the plot, or even miss very many references. Think of them as two separate shows that take place in the same setting. If you plan on watching both shows (48 episodes each, with an Index movie), start with Index, the original. If you plan on watching only one now, and then coming back to the other, start with Railgun. Railgun is better. Index can be hard to follow at times, with a huge cast, and glossary of powers. Railgun shrinks the cast side, and purges everything about magic. Railgun is espers only, Index is magic users and espers.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So, watched Maken-Ki! and with that (excluding fanservice OVA I'm yet to watch), I'm ready for the next season. Also watched Hyouka in the meantime.
    There are no spoilers in spoiler tags. They are to prevent this from looking like a wall of text only.

Spoiler: Maken-Ki! show

Spoiler: Hyouka show

I will be watching OniAi next.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post

Shinbou is just a crazy - in a good way - director. I couldn't imagine if Monogatari anime were directed by the other person; his directing style is just very fitting for Monogatari series in general.
    Everything about Monogatari is crazy. LOL
    But that's why I like it and I think that it is an awesome anime.
    Meanwhile I also finished watching Nekomonogatari; now all I have to do is watching Monogatari second season, which just ended.
    A for what I'll watch next, I think it will be Stein's; gate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinbou is just a crazy - in a good way - director. I couldn't imagine if Monogatari anime were directed by the other person; his directing style is just very fitting for Monogatari series in general.
    Shinbou isn't actually the primary director. There is always a second director on his projects. The second director handles day to day operations, preforming typical directorial creative duties. Shinbou's role is more of a detached, managerial role. He does not take part in day to day decision making, instead providing advice, approving staff decisions, and providing training. He is more of a supervisor than director. That is why his name appears on almost every Shaft anime since 2004.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    So, watched Maken-Ki! and with that (excluding fanservice OVA I'm yet to watch), I'm ready for the next season. Also watched Hyouka in the meantime.
    There are no spoilers in spoiler tags. They are to prevent this from looking like a wall of text only.

Spoiler: Maken-Ki! show

Spoiler: Hyouka show

I will be watching OniAi next.
    Hyouka was a fantastic one and one that Im sad never managed to get licensed and picked up for a disc based released here in the US. I loved it and was highly entertained by it even if alot of its few mysteries were really mundane subjects, but it gave that great feeling and memory of just things in school we'd sit and talk and chat about since well its not like there was much else to do. Houtarou outlook on life was great and the companionship by Satoshi was amazing. Amazing visuals too and the 2nd ED ought to have been an ova of sorts, its such a good aspect of the anime.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So, OniAi ended up being the last anime I watched in 2013.

Spoiler: OniAi show

I will be watching Inu x Boku SS next.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; January 02, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished rewatching Chuunibyou. Still one of my favorite all time anime. In addition to being a very funny comedy, Chuunibyou is such a warm, easy to relate to, heartfelt romance. Rikka and Yuuta are amazing leads, lovable, awkward, and extremely likable. Now I am really excited for season two!

This afternoon I watched the second Gargantia OVA, something I had been putting off for a while. Both Gargantia OVA's are essential viewing, for fans of the series. They are full episodes, comparable in quality to regular episodes from season one. The second OVA is particularly good, explaining a key plot point from the TV anime. I also watched the first episode of Love Live. The first episode, at least, was very good. Funny, entertaining, with great characters, animation, and music.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 03, 2014 at 01:01 AM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished Seitokai Yakuindomo and it was pretty good. Great characters and nice, dirty jokes.
    I will continue with the OVA. After that... Either Kanon, TTGL or Seitokai no Ichizon.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished Toaru Majutsu no Index (Season 1). Can't say I was that impressed, kinda turned out like I thought it would be. Not bad, but not great either. Too many characters introduced, who remain rather bland and shallow because they just don't get screentime or some kind of development. Touma was rather boring, and I have to wonder why the show even has "Index" in it's name, considering what little role she actually played. The villains were pretty weak too, outside of a certain guy.
    Besides some very few exceptions, the science part was way better than the magic part in general. The two characters who saved the show for me are Misaka and Accelerator, both are by far the best ones the show has to offer. Interesting, quirky, and entertaining in their own way. The only ones who got some character development too. Accelerator's mini-arc with chibi Misaka definitely was the highlight for me.

I will watch the second season now, hoping for more Accelerator and Misaka (+ sisters and her sister). Maybe the second season will introduce less characters, and focus more on the ones it already has, that would be great.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I will watch the second season now, hoping for more Accelerator and Misaka (+ sisters and her sister). Maybe the second season will introduce less characters, and focus more on the ones it already has, that would be great.
    Accelerator has a great part in season 2. Less characters... Sorry to disappoint you but that is not the case.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished Toaru Majutsu no Index (Season 1). Can't say I was that impressed, kinda turned out like I thought it would be. Not bad, but not great either. Too many characters introduced, who remain rather bland and shallow because they just don't get screentime or some kind of development. Touma was rather boring, and I have to wonder why the show even has "Index" in it's name, considering what little role she actually played. The villains were pretty weak too, outside of a certain guy.
    Besides some very few exceptions, the science part was way better than the magic part in general. The two characters who saved the show for me are Misaka and Accelerator, both are by far the best ones the show has to offer. Interesting, quirky, and entertaining in their own way. The only ones who got some character development too. Accelerator's mini-arc with chibi Misaka definitely was the highlight for me.

That is the exact reason why there are so many Railgun fans who do not follow Index. Railgun pares down the cast, focusing on Mikasa and her three friends (two of whom are not from Index). The storylines are more concise, and easier to follow. Season two (Railgun S) is the Sisters/Accelerator Arc told from Misaka's point of view. The animation staff of Railgun is also much better, with Nagai (Tora Dora, Ano Hana, Ano Natsu) directing. No matter what you think of Index, be sure to watch Railgun anyway. Railgun basically fixes everything that is wrong with Index.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Spoiler free scene from Railgun S (season two):

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 04, 2014 at 05:33 PM.

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Accelerator has a great part in season 2. Less characters... Sorry to disappoint you but that is not the case.
    Sounds good... and bad I might just go all the way now though, after finishing the first season. Probably will skip the movie for the moment, and watch Railgun afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That is the exact reason why there are so many Railgun fans who do not follow Index. Railgun pares down the cast, focusing on Mikasa and her three friends (two of whom are not from Index). The storylines are more concise, and easier to follow. Season two (Railgun S) is the Sisters/Accelerator Arc told from Misaka's point of view. The animation staff of Railgun is also much better, with Nagai (Tora Dora, Ano Hana, Ano Natsu) directing. No matter what you think of Index, be sure to watch Railgun anyway. Railgun basically fixes everything that is wrong with Index.
    Sounds pretty awesome, especially with Nagai directing (I so loved Toradora and AnoHana ), and the vid looks great too. You got me pretty hyped for Railgun now Gonna finish Index and then go right for Railgun.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Non Non Biyori the other day. Funny, simple, filled with adorable casts. Kinda surprised I could miss this gem when it aired. I love the interaction between the girls, each one of them filled a remarkable role in the story. The voice acting is noteworthy as well, and if MAL is correct, most of the VA aren't big names.

The problem with Index anime is that it tried to achieve too much within such a limited amount of episodes. The novel is more orderly in that regard, though I am not entirely sure if that would make it less perplexing. Index is more of a.. I don't know how to put it, she is not popular among fans either, so maybe at some point there was a conscious decision by the author that Index would not appeared on the front of the story.

As cliche as Touma could be, I like him. But that will be a discussion in another place and another time.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow I have to disagree about Railgun, at least Railgun S, halfway through and I just find it boring as a whole. I dont like her friends their all boring, the fights are dull, and Accelerator and Touma have too little screentime.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Non Non Biyori the other day. Funny, simple, filled with adorable casts. Kinda surprised I could miss this gem when it aired. I love the interaction between the girls, each one of them filled a remarkable role in the story. The voice acting is noteworthy as well, and if MAL is correct, most of the VA aren't big names.
    Asumi Kana is a big name. She won the 2013 Seiyuu Award for best actress in a leading role. Natsumi's VA, Sakura Ayane is relatively new, and young, but gets a lot of lead roles. She was Yozora, in Haganai. Renge and Hotaru's seiyuu are newcomers, and not that well known. There were some big names among the supporting cast. Nee Nee and Candy Store also had well known seiyuu.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 04, 2014 at 08:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast