Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner IsayWhaat's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

Okay people. Help out! I need new anime to watch

There are 2 conditions:

1) It must be finished. Like, the end. No more after so I don't have to wait for years till they release new season ._.
    2) No short ones. (They can be good, but they hardly leave any impact) So short would be like less than 25-35 episodes (1 season only).

So Animes I really enjoy so far : Deathnote (but after Lawliet died, it seemed like they are forcing the anime), Fullmetal alchemist +(Brotherhood) - LOVED both. and Hunter x hunter (I know it's not finished, don't remind me that I gotta wait for new season.. )
    EDWARD ELRIC
    A lesson without pain is meaningless.

KURAPIKA
    To lose everything within a moment and still keep on fighting afterwards is strength in my vocabulary.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IsayWhaat View Post

There are 2 conditions:

1) It must be finished. Like, the end. No more after so I don't have to wait for years till they release new season ._.
    2) No short ones. (They can be good, but they hardly leave any impact) So short would be like less than 25-35 episodes (1 season only).

So Animes I really enjoy so far : Deathnote (but after Lawliet died, it seemed like they are forcing the anime), Fullmetal alchemist +(Brotherhood) - LOVED both. and Hunter x hunter (I know it's not finished, don't remind me that I gotta wait for new season.. )
    The sample anime are not quite explanatory, but mainstream stuff like Code Geass, Monogatari or considering the shounen touch, Fate series, maybe, should be ones to watch. As a fellow Death Note lover, you might also enjoy Durarara!!, I think.
    I have more stuff to recommend, but they would mostly be comedy or drama oriented, which doesn't seem to be the theme of those you mentioned ^^

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 conditions:

Do you consider 2 cours as short anime? You might like Monster, there is also Uchuu Kyoudai if you like SOL but I believe there will be a 2nd season.
    And Yu Yu Hakusho anime if you didn't watch it already, Togashi is also the author of this manga.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner IsayWhaat's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    The sample anime are not quite explanatory, but mainstream stuff like Code Geass, Monogatari or considering the shounen touch, Fate series, maybe, should be ones to watch. As a fellow Death Note lover, you might also enjoy Durarara!!, I think.
    I have more stuff to recommend, but they would mostly be comedy or drama oriented, which doesn't seem to be the theme of those you mentioned ^^
    I actually watched Code Geass, but unfortunately I didn't like it much. Maybe it was because I watched it after the FMA and my expectations were too high. Fate series - only watched Fate zero (season1). It was decent. Monogatari seems to have too much of fan service for my taste. Just can't take those kind of anime seriously. Shounen touch couldn't find o.o and for Durarara!!, I'll give it a try. Even tho, it's a short anime :/

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Do you consider 2 cours as short anime? You might like Monster, there is also Uchuu Kyoudai if you like SOL but I believe there will be a 2nd season.
    And Yu Yu Hakusho anime if you didn't watch it already, Togashi is also the author of this manga.
    I started watching Monster but watched only first 2-3 episodes and didn't feel like continuing. I know story matters more than quality of animations, but when you get taste of both of those qualities (awesome example : Shingeki no Kyoujin) it is actually quite hard to watch those old animes. And all the new animes are actually still being made. Sigh..
    Last edited by IsayWhaat; August 18, 2014 at 01:16 PM.
    EDWARD ELRIC
    A lesson without pain is meaningless.

KURAPIKA
    To lose everything within a moment and still keep on fighting afterwards is strength in my vocabulary.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 conditions:

I need to know a little bit more about your preferences to be confident in any recommendations. That being said.

If your mecha doesn't bother you then Eureka Seven(animated by the same studio as Fullmetal Alchemist) and Gurren Laggan are both pretty great.

If you'd rather avoid mecha Samurai Champloo and Bakamonogatari are series you can't go wrong with.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 18, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually watched Code Geass, but unfortunately I didn't like it much. Maybe it was because I watched it after the FMA and my expectations were too high. Fate series - only watched Fate zero (season1). It was decent. Monogatari seems to have too much of fan service for my taste. Just can't take those kind of anime seriously. Shounen touch couldn't find o.o and for Durarara!!, I'll give it a try. Even tho, it's a short anime :/
    But Monster's story is excellent though it's true the progression was slow, the true plot started at episode 4 if my memory serves me right.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Mondaiji. Good anime, not great. I've started watching Working. The first episode was hilarious. Similar to Servant x Service (by the same author), but significantly funnier.

New Reply
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63