Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 946 to 960 of 960

Thread: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

  1. #946
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Liberia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    I love both parts equally, since I think it's nice to see the goofy sides and the dramatic sides of the whole cast altogether in one package. Being too serious or too goofy in a Sci Fi series can be dull.

  2. #947
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Quote Originally Posted by IsayWhaat View Post
    Thanks a lot. I will definitely start with Mirai Nikki, seems really interesting. About Steins Gate, I've seen it is really highly rated anime, but somehow I am not attracted by it. But, all three of them are short :/ Anything longer? Around +80 eps?
    Well sometimes you need to check something out even if it doesn't attract you at first Definitely worth every minute, I don't know anyone who didn't enjoy the show.

    Longer is hard. Long-running anime are dying these days, it's something you see very rarely because it makes more sense for studios to advance with seasons, to avoid fillers and to have a higher budget. Stuff like Hunter x Hunter and FMA:B is incredibly rare, for that you have to be a long-running manga and be extremely popular, it's a treatment only a few selected series ever get. Considering your taste is pretty specific and limited it gets even harder.
    • Psycho-Pass is still an option, considering that it's going to be 40-something episodes with the second season starting in a few weeks
    • Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Based on one of the most popular manga in Japan. The manga is done in Parts, with the oldest being from from the late 80's. It's at Part 8 currently, I believe, but basically each Part tells a different story related to the family of Joestar.
      What I linked to above is animating Part 1 and 2, Part 3 is running right now. If you watch both that's 41 episodes already, and in January there will be another 25 episodes or so to finish Part 3. Anyway, it's an action classic that needs to be watched. It's oldschool in a lot of aspects but incredibly fun too, so this might be something for you.
    • Gintama. Well this is mainly comedy, so I dunno if it suits your taste, but it's definitely one of the best long-running anime out there. It does have serious arcs from time to time (meaning action and drama) and those are among the best stuff you will see. The comedy is gold too, but it needs some time to get really good. Anyway, that alone is 200 episodes, the sequels amount to another 64 episodes, so there is a lot to watch. Probably the only newer long-running series that can compare to FMA and Hunter x Hunter in my eyes, but yeah, the genre is a bit different.

  3. #948
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner IsayWhaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well sometimes you need to check something out even if it doesn't attract you at first Definitely worth every minute, I don't know anyone who didn't enjoy the show.

    Longer is hard. Long-running anime are dying these days, it's something you see very rarely because it makes more sense for studios to advance with seasons, to avoid fillers and to have a higher budget. Stuff like Hunter x Hunter and FMA:B is incredibly rare, for that you have to be a long-running manga and be extremely popular, it's a treatment only a few selected series ever get. Considering your taste is pretty specific and limited it gets even harder.
    • Psycho-Pass is still an option, considering that it's going to be 40-something episodes with the second season starting in a few weeks
    • Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Based on one of the most popular manga in Japan. The manga is done in Parts, with the oldest being from from the late 80's. It's at Part 8 currently, I believe, but basically each Part tells a different story related to the family of Joestar.
      What I linked to above is animating Part 1 and 2, Part 3 is running right now. If you watch both that's 41 episodes already, and in January there will be another 25 episodes or so to finish Part 3. Anyway, it's an action classic that needs to be watched. It's oldschool in a lot of aspects but incredibly fun too, so this might be something for you.
    • Gintama. Well this is mainly comedy, so I dunno if it suits your taste, but it's definitely one of the best long-running anime out there. It does have serious arcs from time to time (meaning action and drama) and those are among the best stuff you will see. The comedy is gold too, but it needs some time to get really good. Anyway, that alone is 200 episodes, the sequels amount to another 64 episodes, so there is a lot to watch. Probably the only newer long-running series that can compare to FMA and Hunter x Hunter in my eyes, but yeah, the genre is a bit different.
    Wow, that's a bit harsh... You can't tell me there isn't any long anime that can go at least equal with FMA and HxH. I'll be damned if I say that I don't care about the quality of anime. Most of the old ones I can't watch because they are just so poorly made compared to what we get served these days. I mean, it's only normal for me to expect there would be awesome anime with good quality that is a bit longer and has good story. FMA is 10 years old (Brotherhood is 5 years old) and that anime has pure and satisfying quality of animations and look of characters. I wish for an anime like that :/

    It doesn't really need to be that genre of anime. I was looking few times that Gintama anime. I thought of watching few episodes after I finish Mirai Nikki
    EDWARD ELRIC
    A lesson without pain is meaningless.



    KURAPIKA
    To lose everything within a moment and still keep on fighting afterwards is strength in my vocabulary.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #949
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Quote Originally Posted by IsayWhaat View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh... You can't tell me there isn't any long anime that can go at least equal with FMA and HxH. I'll be damned if I say that I don't care about the quality of anime. Most of the old ones I can't watch because they are just so poorly made compared to what we get served these days. I mean, it's only normal for me to expect there would be awesome anime with good quality that is a bit longer and has good story. FMA is 10 years old (Brotherhood is 5 years old) and that anime has pure and satisfying quality of animations and look of characters. I wish for an anime like that :/

    It doesn't really need to be that genre of anime. I was looking few times that Gintama anime. I thought of watching few episodes after I finish Mirai Nikki
    Well for one there aren't that many manga that run for hundreds of chapters and have a good quality. You need to see it from the company's point of view too, producing an anime costs money and they usually don't go so far as to animate it all at once, there's money at risk, not to mention that it's a huge project over a long amount of time, not everyone can shoulder that. Going with seasons reduces the risk and gives them a higher budget because they don't have to work on it all the time.

    You can find anime with the same amount of quality, but then it's done in seasons. Long-running, action focused shows with a high amount of quality are an incredibly rare species Then again I'm not sure why you're so fixated on stuff that has so many episodes, there are many great series which tell an awesome story in 20 or so episodes, or even movies.

    Good luck with checking out Gintama o/

  6. #950
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    niichan is right, long running series are not common nowadays and they are not all good. What about Eyeshield 21(145 eps) and Kekkaishi(52 eps)? Both are kinda old too.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  7. #951
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner IsayWhaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    niichan is right, long running series are not common nowadays and they are not all good. What about Eyeshield 21(145 eps) and Kekkaishi(52 eps)? Both are kinda old too.
    That's why I asked for older anime

    I completely understand thing with seasons and that's why I asked for old anime that has already finished the story. At the time they might've shown it over longer period of time in seasons, but that was 2-3 years ago and now anime is complete. If you understand what I'm applying

    Well, for those 2 anime, I will check them out once I get home
    Last edited by IsayWhaat; August 24, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
    EDWARD ELRIC
    A lesson without pain is meaningless.



    KURAPIKA
    To lose everything within a moment and still keep on fighting afterwards is strength in my vocabulary.

  8. #952
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    I just finished watching Kill la Kill. Liked it more than I expected, honestly. Having said that I feel like my first impression was right on the mark with it. That being a sense of frustrating because so much about it is good but the core concept is just so stupid. The music, animation, vocal performances, and style were all beyond awesome but the story was just a step above nonsense; and that breaks my heart because if all of that quality had been put behind a story that was more deserving it could have really made something special.

    Next up I'll be giving Psycho Pass a second chance, I think.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  9. #953
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    I'm halfway through Library Wars (図書館戦争). I also watched bits and pieces of Natsume Yuujinchou's second season.

  10. #954
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    I finished the first season of Working, one of the funniest anime I have ever seen. I'm going to watch season two next.

  11. #955
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Started Kokoro Connect and finished the show in less than two days. A very interesting premise which brings in various questions and answers about what defines oneself and friends in a surprisingly natural way. Superb storytelling and great characters, one of the few shows in which I really like all of them.
    Not to mention Inaba's cuteness level is over 9000, one of my all-time favourite female characters. Highly recommended for everyone who likes coming of age stories with a supernatural touch.

    Next I'm going to check out Date A Live, something I've been planning to watch for a long time.

  12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #956
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    I finished both seasons of Working, now an all time favorite, and have started The Idolmaster.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #957
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Liberia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Barakamon any good? after I saw the gif on the front page, I'm tempted to pick it up.

  16. #958
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Barakamon any good? after I saw the gif on the front page, I'm tempted to pick it up.
    Barakamon is very good. The cast is good and it is the most hilarious series I have watched during this fall.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #959
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    For the fall season, I'm going to watch Psycho-Pass for sure. Due to schoolwork, I can only pick one more so I will replace Kiseijuu (even though it does seem interesting) and will watch Donten ni Warau instead.

    I still need to get through the summer anime I've been holding off on. >_<

  19. #960
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Liberia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    I've just finished Barakamon today, and what a great series. It has the perfect balance of comedy and drama, and the theme of personal growth really hits home for me. I wish there would be a second season, that' for sure.

    I'm going to finish Gekkan Shoujo and Zankyou next.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts