Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Blackbeard or Magellan?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Same result, Blackbeard is crushed.

16 25.81%
  • Respectable fight, but Magellan prevails.

17 27.42%
  • Too close to call.

2 3.23%
  • Blackbeard wins, barely.

12 19.35%
  • Magellan is crushed.

15 24.19%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blackbeard vs. Magellan Round 2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackbeard vs. Magellan Round 2

No, he would attrack the DF powers to himself, which is were they already reside...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If Magelan goes all out right from he start and creat his 'destroys-everything-toxic-giant' to create a wall inbetween himself and BB he won't be sucked in and the giant or a hydra would defeat BB.

All Magelan has to do is not being touch. With the giant and hydra he can do it. Constand hydra attacks would hinder BB from creating dark vortex to suck magelan into melee range.

Normally a range attack doesn't matter much to BB coz he'll just take it like he did with Luffy's punch and Ace's Lance, but Hydra is a onehit. He HAS to avoid it no matter what.

But for any reason Magelan is touched by BB, BB would have to not let go of him and beat the crap out of him right away.

Magelan took Iva's attack and Luffy's punch but it clearly didn't stop him much. So BB would have hit as hard as we have never seen before.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted that Teach would barely win, emphasis must be placed on barely. While Magellan is clearly very strong, Blackbeard has the DF that is designed to take out other DF users. One bit of poison that isn't sucked in by his gravity powers and it's win for Magellan though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Or he can use black hole on magellan and liberate him when convenient.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hhhmmm... Quite frankly I don't see what magellan could do once BB does this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19/

Look at the absurd amount of darkness he released there. What could magellan do against that? Such an amount of darkness would more than easily every ounce of poison magellan can through and more. Even more, it can absorb magellan a billion times over. If BB is serious there is no reason for him to lose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

He can do that inside a prison without risking his crew or whatever "world-shaking" prize he's after? If so, all the more power to him. If not, and if the attack there even takes more than about 5 seconds to charge up, Magellan would have done at least 2-3 of his large store of poisons by then.

Of course, you did take the words right out of my mouth. "If BB is serious" : again, he's still more reputation than action. His actions have seen him take a lot of damage from ace, get hit by Luffy and get OHKO'ed from Magellan. His reputation have seen him scar a Yonkou, kill a division captain and scare another WB enough not to seek revenge.

On the other hand, Magellan is unmatched. Nothing has come close to appearing like an opposition, and he has one of the few abilities in the world that can cause a OHKO on even the strongest of men in the world.

Still Magellan with the stats...Blackbeard with the plot.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think that if BB does not underestimate magellan he can take this. Most of magellans poisons can be absorbed by the darkness. A combination of gravity and darkness would allow BB to get rid of the poison and attract magellan to cancel his ability. In that situation magellan could end up being burt by his own poison and take some reasonable damage from BB actual physical strength.
    I agree with you.
    Or perhaps will be a draw.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

blackbeard can control his blackhole...Remember the fight against Ace? The darkness pulled in everything except for Ace and the rock he was standing on. Is that control or what?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeKuaSimi View Post
    blackbeard can control his blackhole...Remember the fight against Ace? The darkness pulled in everything except for Ace and the rock he was standing on. Is that control or what?
    I'm sure it was mentioned before, but Blackbeard HIMSELF has said, that he unlike other logia takes damage when fighting. So he himself has pointed out, that he can't absorb everthing instantly,... not if somebody is faster than him. So Magellan > Blackbeard anyday, till shown otherwise in canon. He was serious in the Ace fight, where he took some good dmg otherwise he would be down right now.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 01, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Hhhmmm... Quite frankly I don't see what magellan could do once BB does this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19/

Look at the absurd amount of darkness he released there. What could magellan do against that? Such an amount of darkness would more than easily every ounce of poison magellan can through and more. Even more, it can absorb magellan a billion times over. If BB is serious there is no reason for him to lose.
    He can do this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/547/04-05/

If one of those drops touches him, he loses... but we don't even now what that giant ball does...

And if BB can absorb attacks with is darkness that easily, why didn't he absorb Luffy's attack??

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    He can do that inside a prison without risking his crew or whatever "world-shaking" prize he's after? If so, all the more power to him. If not, and if the attack there even takes more than about 5 seconds to charge up, Magellan would have done at least 2-3 of his large store of poisons by then.

Of course, you did take the words right out of my mouth. "If BB is serious" : again, he's still more reputation than action. His actions have seen him take a lot of damage from ace, get hit by Luffy and get OHKO'ed from Magellan. His reputation have seen him scar a Yonkou, kill a division captain and scare another WB enough not to seek revenge.

On the other hand, Magellan is unmatched. Nothing has come close to appearing like an opposition, and he has one of the few abilities in the world that can cause a OHKO on even the strongest of men in the world.

Still Magellan with the stats...Blackbeard with the plot.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/05/
    BB can very well aim his darkness though.

Quote Originally Posted by beastboy View Post
    He can do this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/547/04-05/

If one of those drops touches him, he loses... but we don't even now what that giant ball does...

And if BB can absorb attacks with is darkness that easily, why didn't he absorb Luffy's attack??
    What giant ball? You mean kinjite(hardly a ball though)? Still, I fail to see how darkness would not swallow it whole. Attacks hurt BB but only if they reach him...
    Last edited by kkck; February 01, 2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard doesn't posses long range attacks. And everyone without long range attack is doomed to lose against Magellan. BB must touch Magellan to nullify his power, and touching him means getting poisoned.

The only chance for a non-ranged figher to beat Megallan would be a One-hit-KO attack. I expected Luffy would win with a Gomu Gomu no Jet Gigant Pistol, but it seems for Oda Luffy he wasn't powerful enough to try something like that, yet...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkever View Post
    Blackbeard doesn't posses long range attacks. And everyone without long range attack is doomed to lose against Magellan. BB must touch Magellan to nullify his power, and touching him means getting poisoned.

The only chance for a non-ranged figher to beat Megallan would be a One-hit-KO attack. I expected Luffy would win with a Gomu Gomu no Jet Gigant Pistol, but it seems for Oda Luffy he wasn't powerful enough to try something like that, yet...
    How is BB darkness not a long range attack? He clearly extended it over a long area back when he fought ace. He even used a huge ball of it back in banaro island.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I'm sure it was mentioned before, but Blackbeard HIMSELF has said, that he unlike other logia takes damage when fighting. So he himself has pointed out, that he can't absorb everthing instantly,... not if somebody is faster than him. So Magellan > Blackbeard anyday, till shown otherwise in canon. He was serious in the Ace fight, where he took some good dmg otherwise he would be down right now.
    What exactly can Magellan do to BB if BB sucks up his poison beforehand? Keep in mind too Magellan loses his DF powers once BB gets his hands on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

BB would have to put his hand through poison to touch Magellan. So if he wants to touch magellan (by pulling him towards himself with dark vortex or whatever means), BB would automatically poison his hand. His Body always remains 'solid'. Touching Magellan means poisining oneself just like Luffy.

And no he can't suck away the poison from his own body or anyone else's or else he'd have done it in the first fight.

Therefore BB has to defeat Magellan without touching him/making him lose his DF-Abilities.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast