Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Section Suggestion Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pao13071's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: New Section Suggestion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The entire staff generally discusses adding new forum, though the final decision comes from the admin level. Most of the forums added recently have come from suggestions in this thread. HSD Kenichi, the Breaker, and Hunter x Hunter were all suggested by members, not staff.

When deciding what will get a forum certain factors I look for are the number of members who engage in regular discussion, number of repeat visits to a forum, and number of members making multiple posts in a day. The potential to discuss a variety of topics is also important. It usual is only potential, but I do look to see if members make some attempt to discuss topics other than the latest chapters.

At the moment we are not actively looking to add another forum. The Ao no Exorcist forum opened recently, the Breaker and Manhwa forums are only about a month old. While I am not sure Belze is ready for a sub-forum at the moment, things may change when we are ready to add another sub-forum.
    wakata wakata i get it xD
    btw i know this is out of topic but how old is the khr forum o.O?
    what's the true meaning of existence?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Section Suggestion Thread

Pretty old, it was already there when I joined the staff in 2009.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For the first coming AMV Contest, it would be great, if we have an own AMVForum-Section. Because also the fact, that many AMV-Threads are all over many subforum-sections is. Chaos should be fixed with an own sub-forum.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestion. ^^ We'll definitely consider this if the needs of the contest seem to justify a separate sub-forum (multiple threads, etc).

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the manhwa section, I started to wonder whether it would be a nice thing to do to add a manhua section. I haven't touched many Chinese comics, to be honest, but I believe there are lots of Chinese comics fans. Maybe adding a section for manhua here would help to attract more visitors and gain more activity.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Manhua has become a bit of an orphan since manhwa was given it's own forum. It would not be realistic to expect fans to search through the manga boards for the threads we do have. Since the manga boards are divided along Japanese specific demographic terms, it would not be realistic for fans to really know where to begin either. Or to know where to start new threads. Having a separate board would make discussion much more viable than it is now.

That was also the rationale used when creating a manhwa forum was discussed. There is a difference though. Over the last year, maybe more, there has been an explosion in the number of manhwa titles translated into English. Given the number of available titles and number of groups dedicated to manhwa translations, we felt that forum organization was making it difficult for a large fanbase to find threads. The immediate success of the manhwa forum, and both series sub-forums, proved that was true. There are comparatively few manhua titles translated. There are some, and there is certainly a fanbase, and they may be better served by a dedicated forum. I can not promise one will be created but it is worth considering.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. Thank you for explaining. There is also a chance that by making a section for manhua separately, more Chinese comics would be presented, the more people would know manhua titles, the more it would be scanlated. I think it has a chance of being big, although I'm not really aware of specific manhua titles with an enormous fanbase (like some manhwa). Whichever way you would see this, thanks for considering my suggestion.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be interesting to have a section dedicated only to one-shots (and maybe pilot chapters). Since there aren't as many one-shots as different series it doesn't has to be devided into shouner/seinen/manwha sub-sections and everything could be put in one place.

Just my 2 cents.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I feel it is kinda redundant. The current organization makes it clear, especially related to demographic/genre. Making one section about one-shots or pilots only would make visitors having to browse through looking for demographic/genre they want to read.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece gallery is lovely. But it has at least three problems:

1. I joined in August 2011, and only until yesterday I found it. and I am a regular poster in One Piece forums. Even more, k-dom, who joined in October 2008 didn't know about the existence of the gallery; I talked to him about the gallery yesterday and he told me that. And, as you know, he posts in many sections here in MH (and was awarded for his work helping the users to enjoy manga and the site.

So the gallery is pretty nice, but you can be sure that it is completely ignored by the most of the followers of One Piece in MH. That is a shame, and I think the gallery needs to be relocated or al least it needs a link in the One Piece sub forums, for example at the side of the subforum for the One Piece fan art.

2. I found the site because I decided to collect all the One Piece colour spreads. In fact, I was playing with the idea to share in some section all my findings, as I usually do in the One Piece Mega Combo Thread, one of the sticky threads in the OP section. So searching in google-images, I could find the gallery. But I also found some pics in other sites with a higher resolution than those you have in the gallery. Now, the gallery is designed to allow users to download the pics, but a user can't upload a "certified" image, if he has it. It would be much better if the gallery is designed to be fed by all the enthusiastic users in MH, maybe with the help of a mod.

To facilitate the process of participation, the pics could come with a short description of its resolution and also with the identification of all the data of its publication (the chapter or volume or log, etc..)

3. I think the gallery needs to be organized. There you have a mess of different kinds of stuff. I propose to organize it in the following subsections, if possible:
    • Volume cover page
    • Log Cover page
    • Art Book cover page
    • Color spreads
    • Omakes
    • Other material, like the sketches

With these changes, I guess, the gallery and the OP forums (I suppose the same thing can be done with other specials forums, like Naruto or Bleach) will provide a better experience for the users.
    Last edited by ukimix; January 05, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

15. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to suggest a forum made for the manga "Feng Shen Ji" (The Chronicle of the God's Order; The Legend and the Hero) by Zheng Jian He

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Historical, Martial Arts, Seinen

Status: Ongoing - Currently 25 chapters released and translated

Please consider this manga as a worthy addition to your forum collection.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Comics are only given subforums based on activity. There must be enough discussion, and varied, that a single thread is no longer adequate. While I have no doubt that Feng Shen Ji is a good series, the thread currently has not generated anywhere near the amount of discussion needed to necessitate expanding to a subforum.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know there was a thread on it. That is sufficient. Thank you.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing exciting about reading is sharing your impressions about what you read.

In my case, that explains why my experiences on reading comics changes depending on how much I'm able to share what I read. Not that I don't enjoy a good comic if I have none to talk about it, but the experience is different, and even if it is a crazy well written and drawn comic that I enjoyed so much, if I could share my impressions with someone else, it would be even better.

So, I have many people to share if it's One Piece, but almost none if it is Shin Angio Onshi, which is, IMO, at the level of the bests.

It would be nice if we could have here a section to create groups or readers of old and good comics already completed, so that in that section the readers could share their impressions from the reading in a dynamic similar to the on-going comics. Let me clear a bit what I'm talking about.

Let's take Shin Angio Onshi. The following advertisement could be posted somewhere:

Quote Quote:
    Shin Angio Onshi
    Collective reading to start on next March 1

We are recruiting readers until next March 1
    Schedule of the reading:
    • March 7 - up to chapter 12
    • March 14 - up to chapter 20
    • March 21 - up to chapter 35

April 13 - up to the last chapter

Here you can find some information about this comic, so that you could have an overview of it, without any spoiling information about it:
    Where to read: www.xxxxxxxx
    General Data of the comic...
    Some short review or abstract about it

If you join us, in this thread you will be able to share comments about this fantastic manhwa, every week
    As a reader, you will have to keep this rules:

1. Not to spoil any of the future chapters to read by the group, in any moment.
    2. .... (the other rules required...)

The moderator of this reading will be xxxx. Contact him for more info about it
    The chapters to read in a week could change depending on the story moments, and could be established by people who knows well the comic, and in order to provide the best week-breaks possible, so that the readers could share their impressions in those moments.

The moderators of MH would be able to propose comics for the section, and would be able to moderate the recommended comic if it's decided to begin the reading of that comic.

One last thing about this section: many 'new' manga readers don't know or haven’t read some of the good old ones. And there are many good old ones. So that section would be like a connection between that group of people and this group of mangas. That would take the traditional recommendations threads one step forward...

I would like to say that it doesn't matter if people want to read beyond the chapter established for a certain week. No matter what, in the discussion thread only comments about those chapters will be allowed. So, if the people want to read strictly as it is established in the schedule, the discussion section would work also for them.

What do you think?
    Last edited by ukimix; February 10, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

You can go ahead and start the project on your own. It doesn't need moderator approval, nor a moderator to be its driving force. It's too early to start a debate whether such project deserves its own forum, so for now you can make a thread for it in the Otaku Finder.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast