Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New Section Suggestion Thread

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Section Suggestion Thread

Thanks for your answer. I was waiting for it. Unfortunately a moderator is required, since the project needs to guarantee that no comments about future chapters, in a concrete moment, will be allowed: if, in the second week, people is discussing chapters 20 to 30, that nobody is going to post comments spoiling chapter 30+.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 01, 2013 at 06:25 AM.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Thanks for your answer. I was waiting for it. Unfortunately a moderator is required, since the project needs to guarantee that no comments about future chapters, in a concrete moment, will be allowed: if, in the second week, people is discussing chapters 20 to 30, that nobody is going to post comments spoiling chapter 30+.
    Moderators of the forum (including administrators) check all forums everyday. Even though we may not participate directly in the project, we still check around in general. In addition, all members have report button to use; if you find posts which can spoil other readers, you can use it to contact the moderators. You can also encourage the usage of spoiler tags at the first post of the thread, or remind them to discuss further chapters in series-specific threads.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to tell you about the collective reading project. As you suggested we start a thread some weeks ago for nomination and voting some classic comics to read collectively. Afther the votation, we began and finished the reading of Planetes by Makoto Yukimura, (here the thread for that reading) and now we are reading Nausicaä from the great Miyazaki (here the thread for that reading).

We have discovered some few things. First, schedule are not necessary; with spoiler tags and clear rules the collective reading can find its way without spoiling events (as it was suggested by phio_chan), and giving to each of the participants the freedom to chose the pace of his/her preference. Second, moderators seem to be not necessary; at the moment we haven't required any mod's intervention, and if it happens, probably the report button and your permanent revision could solve

At this moment I have edited the first post of the original thread of the Collective reading project, to make of it a permanent thread were to find people to read old good comics. Personally I think it's an interesting initiative. But it requires of some advertisement to become more popular among the members of the site. At least half of the participants are members I use to talk to in the sections I use to visit. There are also some participants I just meet in the threads of the project. I suppose if you guys give a hand to this initiative by making it wildly known the initiative could become in an interesting new section for the whole site. I would appreciate to know your thoughts about it.

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic Manga/Anime Thread.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need permission to start a thread. Otaku Cafe is the appropriate forum.

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My mistake:
    I meant Classic Manga/Anime Section.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic manga does not need it's own forum.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4