Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Check it! A blooper in the Naruto manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Check it! A blooper in the Naruto manga

You bet your ass-donkey! I don't know how many genuine Kishimoto-committed bloopers there've been to date, but I just found the first one I've ever seen, so take a gander...

Spoiler: Chapter 293 show

If anyone else knows of any genuine art bloopers in Naruto, do tell.

Added spoiler tags... - Gold Knight

Meijin no Kori

Re: Check it! A blooper in the Naruto manga?! Well, I never!

Moved to Naruto Toshokan. Naruto Discussion is only for chapter discussion and prediction threads.
    Anyways, good catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch. It looks as though his arm's only halfway there; instead of fingers, Orochimaru's right arm seems to simply end in a jagged stump.
    [img width=282 height=170]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/devomania/smallfingers.jpg[/img]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

from what I remember reading, starting from volume 7, the initial sketches are done by kishimoto, but all the actual manga panels are done 100% digitally, which is why I guess the art style has changed. So would it still be a kishimoto error?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... well yes. Yes, it would. What would it matter that he doesn't draw the panel squares? How does that relate to bloopers? Why is your sig and avy so provocative?

Meijin no Kori

I made a thread on a mistake that I caught a while ago (June of last year). I'll repost it here. Not sure if the images and links still work, though. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Master Hitsugaya_Kun
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I'm posting it anyways. If it has been brought up before, then just delete this thread. Anyways, here I go.

Okay, I just checked this again and I noticed something interesting and I believe it was the root of some misunderstandings about the similarities and differences of the seals on Sarutobi and Naruro...
    Spoiler: LARGE IMAGE show

In the above image, Sarutobi's seal is going one way. However...

If you look closely at this image, you can see that the seal is going in the opposite direction (I got these two pictures from http://www.msnusers.com/NarutoMangaReturns/chapter123.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2614 and http://www.msnusers.com/NarutoMangaReturns/volume16.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8195 )

This is a mistake on Kishi's part and this inconsistency on the seal on Sarutobi leaves us unable to tell whether the two seals are the same or if they are different. Because of this mistake, we cannot tell if the seals Yondaime and Sandaime used are the same or if they are different. What do you guys think of this?

EDIT: It seems Kishi did this with Naruto's seal too. Compare the following two pictures.

and

Notice that the two seals are yet again going in opposite directions. This is yet again Kishi's mistake and it leaves us unable to tell if the seals are supposed to be the same or not. Oh, and I got these two images from http://www.msnusers.com/NarutoMangaReturns/volume6.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=7413 and http://www.msnusers.com/NarutoMangaReturns/chapter91.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1946 .

Discuss what you think of this mistake on Kishi's part.

EDIT 2: The reason I posted this is so to point out the mistake so that people don't rely on these pictures too heavily as evidence when they're making/evaluating theories that involve both the seal on Sarutobi and the one on Naruto.

EDIT 3: I checked and they don't show Naruto's seal again after Oro uses the five part seal on Naruto. Because of that (until Kishi explains it) I can't tell if the Naruto thing is intentional or not.
    However, there's still the same problem with Sarutobi. I think those two pages were 13 chapters away from each other, but there shouldn't have been such a change in Sarutobi's chakra system that it would reverse the direction of the seal. I think the Sarutobi part is a mistake made by Kishi and because of that, we still can't tell if the two seals are supposed to look the same or not.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

these are really interesting catches. wow!!! i never noticed and will have have bothered to even notice. Great job guys!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

im not convinced, it looks like its his hair going over where the sleeve would have been. look at his right arm and you see a very pronounced sleeve before you see arm.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member antukecik's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

How can I don't even notice this?? lol

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for future reference, whenever we're discussing recent chapters in a thread (ie. Chapter 293), please include a spoiler tag.

The one blooper that always bothered me was a flashback from chapter 122:

Note that Orochimaru has no forehead protector there:

And then here he does:

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A propos forhead protector, i remember that one from the last page of Chapter 65.
    Where Oroshimaru is diguised as a Sound instructor or Jounin and is actually wearing the leaf's forhead protector

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warsaint777
    Well... well yes. Yes, it would. What would it matter that he doesn't draw the panel squares? How does that relate to bloopers? Why is your sig and avy so provocative?
    you said it was a genuine kishimoto blooper, so yes, its still a blooper, but not genuine kishimoto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure it's a genuine blooper since that arm was consciously drawn by Kishimoto himself. There's no computer program that can just draw an arm in any way you want.

And those vanishing headband bloopers are just awful. Not even subtle. I hate that crap.

The one about the different spiral direction doesn't bother me; all you need to know is that a spiralling circle is the symbol for the fourth Hogake's clan. The Konoha flak jackets have them to honor his memory and Naruto has them all over his outfit because he's so obviously his son.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warsaint777
    all you need to know is that a spiralling circle is the symbol for the fourth Hogake's clan. The Konoha flak jackets have them to honor his memory and Naruto has them all over his outfit because he's so obviously his son.
    Going off topic here, but I can't be certain if the spiraling circle is the symbol for Yondaime's clan. However, in the flashbacks of Dan and Tsunade (chapter 160) she already has the spiral on the back of her flak jackets as well as the rest of her teammates. Even in the Kakashi's Gaiden series (chapter 242), when it shows Yondaime and some of the troops, they have it on their flak jackets. So I very much doubt they have them on the flak jackets to honor his memory.

Otherwise, interesting find on the blooper.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

It may not have been a blooper committed by Kishimoto in that one of his assistants may have been guilty (he has about five-six), so you still can't be quite sure that it is a "genuine Kishimoto blooper". But in the end the staff was still guilty of these bloopers.

But we shouldn't be so hard on Kishimoto and his staff. Look at all the detail they have to keep track of in the series on a weekly basis. It's quite amazing that in the 294 chapters so far that they haven't committed 100 more bloopers than we already have seen.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast