Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Lingwe Thread - I got this extra bit on the end cause njt said I could

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lingwe's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lingwe Thread - I got this extra bit on the end cause njt said I could

Alright so it's been a bit late but I've finally got a translator thread which you can use to talk to me and I can talk back, which I like to do so please do so.

I'll start off with a little introduction about myself. I go by the internet handle Lingwe (also I also use Lingwei sometimes so you might know me as that person if you played Oblivion and downloaded my mods...which you can find in my signature...you should try the Blackwood Company if you haven't. It's got over 10,000 downloads :toot toot). My real name is Dave though.

I'm from Australia, Canberra, which is the capital city of Australia, rather than Sydney. Went to school there for 13 years including kindergarten. Spent 4 years at Canberra Grammar School including 2 years in the boarding house. Which is actually kind of funny since my parents were still living in Canberra. So when I came into the boarding house I got to tell everyone I was from Belconnen (north Canberra). But the bus trip usually took an hour and half to get home anyway since my school bus would pull into the bus interchange like two minutes after the bus going near my house would leave and then I would have to wait there for half an hour, which in winter time just killed me.

I've been going to university since 2006 studying a Bachelor of Languages and International Business. I technically should be finishing at the end of this year, but since my course rules changed at the end of last year I now have to take on even more units and some earlier units are now usless. Plus I have to go to China for 6 months study to complete the course. And if I want to do that then I need to pay for it myself, cause I'm not going to get another $5000 scholarship this time since I didn't hand in the reflection piece from getting the scholarship last time. But reflection pieces are so pointless. I mean who really writes a 1000 word reflection piece? So anyway I need a job, which I'm hoping to get at the Hyatt Hotel starting in late July or early August. Then I'll have to work for all of next year to afford to go to China in 2011. So I somehow have managed to turn a 4 year course into a 6 year course.

I study Japanese and Chinese, although at the moment my Japanese reading and writing is better than my Chinese, although my Chinese speaking and listening is better than my Japanese since I've spent more time in China. I've been to China twice, once in 2005 and once in 2008. In 2005 it was for a GAP year project in which I taught english to highschool kids in a Chinese school for 6 months (years 7,8, 10, and 11 - I couldn't teach 9 or 12 because they were too important I mean too busy studying for exams). God my heart broke every time I say them studying all lunch time, I of course being a aussie school student who wouldn't do an assignment until the last night if I could pull it off that way. The other time in 2008 was for 6 months study at Nankai University. Meet a lot of nice people there, lots of Koreans. I have to learn Korean someday.

I've also spent 6 months in Japan on a working holiday. I was working at a hotel/ryokan in the mountains of Nagano province in a little town called Yamanouchi (though the suburb or whatever it was, was called Yudanaka Onsen). There I worked partly in reception and partly in food and beverages (basically acting as a waiter). I would of course be given the entire responsibility of taking care of the foreign guests whenever they stayed there, although I think we only had about 30 or so in the time I was there. Also went all around Japan on a holiday for a month, Tokyo, Nagano, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Wakayama, Kobe, Nara, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, and Nagasaki.

Currently translating a couple of fairly new manga series. Defense Devil is my favourite at the moment. I'm also working on Gamaran with Ju-da-su and competing with Bad Karma (someone please do a scan with his translation - it deserves to be scanlated - but I mean do one with mine too...uh...). I'm trying to catch up on Buster Keel and Akatsuki but they are both monthlies and once you fall behind trying to catch up to a 50 page a month manga is kind of difficult. I've also translated the first volume of The Four Kuzumoto Siblings, although since I need to scan the raw of it I've been making the scan group wait for a long time. I definitely don't think I could be a dedicated raw scanner. Finally am translating Rosario to Vampire season 2, which is the oldest of the series (only one I haven't translated since the beginning not including Gamaran). I'm thinking of possibly picking up Kagijin from Weekly Jump when it comes out...but I'll wait a few days to see if anyone else wants to try it first.

I also do the interviews for Mangahelpers. You might have seen them sometime.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Lingwe Thread - I got this extra bit on the end cause njt said I could

Competing with BadKarma...? .-.

Ummm...but yeah, someone should start scanlating using his translation...I mean, I never read it, but I bet it wasn't that bad. I feel kind of sad for him since it's already the seventh chapter into the manga and his translations still are not used for scanlations...

I LOVE YOUR INTERVIEWS, LINGWE~ They're all lovely~ I think someone better give you an interview as well, but again...

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I feel pretty bad seeing them not get used. Although on that note this weeks chapter got colour pages woot!

Glad you are enjoying the interviews . I'm going to get around to asking you to do it someday (sooner rather than later I think). Hope you won't turn me down. As for someone giving me an interview...maybe later on...there's still dozens of people who I could give one to before then.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

The color page wins~ <3 Love it so much...and of course, love Rena even more for scanning it and you since you're about to translate it~ <3

I won't turn it down...but no guarantee when will I finish it though, since I'm a forgetful person...>___<"

Plus, after what happened with BD, I don't think that much people would want to know about me anyway, so...>___<"

Regardless, continue doing it, Lingwe~ I read all of them~ They're all lovely and fun to read~ XD

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Or you could use it as a chance to explain what happened, and I think people would actually support you rather than attack you.

Anyways chapter 8 of Gamaran is done - just had to eat some dinner before I started on it before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

i would use badkarma's translations for gamaran... though i may not do chapter 1, i will do all the others and try to continue along the way ^_^. and yeah when are you gonna do an interview of yourself and ju-da-su?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

<3 <3 <3

Thanks for the awesome translation~ XD

...I don't know if it's just my pessimistic thought coming into play, but...I got the feeling that instead of it being a chance for me to explain thing, it would seem to others more like a chance for me to make an excuse...>___<"

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    i would use badkarma's translations for gamaran... though i may not do chapter 1, i will do all the others and try to continue along the way ^_^. and yeah when are you gonna do an interview of yourself and ju-da-su?
    I've got two more coming up soon (one is for a person called CassiusOS from NCIS and the other is Strangerataru). After that I want to give an interview to Finestal and Heiji-sama since I've been planning to do the Raw Hunters sometime. Then after that I might do one more scanlator (or if anyone has sent in a request) and then try asking Ju-da-su. As for when I'm going to be interviewed? Can't say, there's still heaps more people who have done more stuff here than I have.

Quote Quote:
    <3 <3 <3

Thanks for the awesome translation~ XD

...I don't know if it's just my pessimistic thought coming into play, but...I got the feeling that instead of it being a chance for me to explain thing, it would seem to others more like a chance for me to make an excuse...>___<"
    Bad pessimist, down! Just kidding. It'll be up to you if you want to talk about it or not so we'll talk about it at the time.

I went in for a first interview at the Hyatt Hotel yesterday. With any luck they will have an opening within a few weeks and then will pass my second interview. It would be sooo nice to work there. It's like the nicest hotel in Canberra.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

*will be waiting for your awesome interviews*

>___<"

Sorry...my bad habit...>_>"

But again, it's up to you as the interviewer what you want to ask in the end though...-_-"

HOPE YOU GET TO WORK THERE~ XD

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be really sweet if I do get a job there. I'm currently rather unemployed and want to get back into the workforce since I've only got about $200 in the bank at the moment...

Luckily I've been able to leech off my parents for the past few months, but I really want to start earning money so I can start buying some things myself and so that I can move out and rent a place (perhaps with some friends). Plus I still need to buy a Nintendo DS to play my new pokemon game.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AkumaShizoku's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm aussie too!But I'm in Sydney
    Anyways can I use your translations for an Akatsuki project?
    I intend to start the project soon.
    Oh and by the way I hope you get the job!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey mate, I was up in Sydney about a month ago - so much warmer up there.

Feel free to use any of my translations unless there is a specific disclaimer written giving it to another group.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AkumaShizoku's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    Sorry for the delay.

New Reply