Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Yoruichi vs Byakuya

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoruichi sama

23 79.31%
  • Byakuya kun

6 20.69%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yoruichi vs Byakuya

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi vs Byakuya

Master vs pupil

Battle of speed and wits
    both know what each other are capable of doing

all out of battle

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yoruichi vs Byakuya

I believe that the goddess of flash, Shihouin Yoruichi would be victorious here, without using a zanpakutou or anything. She could take Byakuya out with her shunko.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I believe that the goddess of flash, Shihouin Yoruichi would be victorious here, without using a zanpakutou or anything. She could take Byakuya out with her shunko.
    Simply put-no. She said herself that she could not defeat him on the bridge which is why she fled with Ichigo. If she uses a Zan and a bankai then probably she can but we dont know what it is, what the hell is going on with it etc so until we do I'm giving this to Byakuya.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Youruichi is very speedy, true, but is she fast enough to do laps around byakuya? I don't think so.
    Byakuya has shown he is skilled in all forms of combat and he has shown much more than youruichi. That is given lol. I think byakuya could actually win. Youruichi's only ace over byakuya is her speed, but that can be negated

Also, it is not exactly "master vs pupil" since she never trained him. They were just friends

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

byakuya is my favorite character and i always support his prowess but this time i have to go with yoruichi. i honestly just see her blasting right through senbonzakura kageyoshi with shunkou and then delivering the finishing blow before byakuya can react with more from his arsenal.

i also do remember her comment on the bridge but i highly doubt she would have considered using shunkou in that situation given the circumstances.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    byakuya is my favorite character and i always support his prowess but this time i have to go with yoruichi. i honestly just see her blasting right through senbonzakura kageyoshi with shunkou and then delivering the finishing blow before byakuya can react with more from his arsenal.

i also do remember her comment on the bridge but i highly doubt she would have considered using shunkou in that situation given the circumstances.
    Agreed. I was about to post my reply to mifune taichou, but you basically just answered for me.

Oh, and Raizen, considering that Byakuya couldn't even keep up with Yoruichi while she was carrying Ichigo, I would say she is indeed "fast enough to do laps around Byakuya."
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; January 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Youruichi is very speedy, true, but is she fast enough to do laps around byakuya? I don't think so.
    Byakuya has shown he is skilled in all forms of combat and he has shown much more than youruichi. That is given lol. I think byakuya could actually win. Youruichi's only ace over byakuya is her speed, but that can be negated

Also, it is not exactly "master vs pupil" since she never trained him. They were just friends

Are you kidding me?

If yoruichi hadn't trained him, then he would'v died in many situations without that speed of his

BTW, just to remove any confusion byakuya is in a sense yoruichi's disciple if not now , she's not only much older to him, but if it wasn't for her he would'v never managed to become so proficient in speed himself and never managed to learn that cicada something speed technique that saved his life many a times

This is exactly why I titled it as "master vs pupil" because this whole fight will be in a major way decided by each other's speed tactics

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is yoruichi relies a lot more on her speed than byakuya does. Yoruichi uses speed, hand to hand combat and probably kido to fight while byakuya uses swordsmanship, kido and decent speed. I think the swordmanship part would be an advantage for byakuya. I also do doubt yoruichi could just run around byakuya without the guy being able to attack one way or another. Senkei would limit the space along which yoruichi could move around making her superior speed less useful.

Yoruichi is faster than byakuya but this match won't be decided by speed along. Both fighters -specially byakuya- have a lot more going for them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i just want to point out some examples of what yoruichis shunkou is capable of. its not all close range.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/158/19-20/ long distance attack with very explosive quality.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/01/ aftermath of the same attack, and if you look at the ground you can see that yoruichi choose not to blow soifon away with it.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/02/ extreme speed, easily closing what loooks like a one hundred foot gap instantly.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/17/ literally leaving behind a trail of destruction as she moves.

so to me yourichis shunkou is a bankai in of itself and she clearly sparred soifon in that fight, also we still dont even know what kind of damage a simple strike from it does since she never actully hit soifon, but im guessing she can put holes in people.
    Last edited by conn-man; January 18, 2010 at 05:58 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. Usually I don't participate in vs. topics involving "mystery characters" like Yoruichi/Urahara/Retsu etc, because they are pointless due to lack of info. But, out of all the mysterious characters, Yoruichi has the most solid evidence for being very strong. She dominated Soi Fon (the latter's own words mind you) despite being 100 years out of practice, and not trying to kill her the whole time. Whilst Soi was going all out with what most of us can agree is her best skillset. And as much as some would love to think otherwise, Byakuya can't be that far above Soi Fon. Furthermore, look here: http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bl...aximum7/-106/6. "The clan which possessed superior abilities as Shinigami among the four Noble Families".

To me that says that the Shihouin clan is the strongest Noble family (ie: >>> Kuchiki). And Yoruichi is the leader. First woman in charge no less, which must have been extra difficult to achieve. Do the math!

Regardless of anything else, there is just the common sense notion that in this genre, mystery characters are almost always freaking strong, whilst weaker ones show off all their powers first. We have already seen many examples in BLEACH, the latest being Kaname going before Gin/Aizen. So its clear to me that Yoruichi-sama will be far above Byakuya-kun. Actually I expect the Urahara group to be the strongest people after Yama-jii for the good guys. >_>

As for the whole master/pupil thing, its pretty obvious she was Byakuya's mentor. Certainly not near the extent that she was to Soi Fon, but it doesn't have to be spelt out by Kubo. Byakuya made it clear against Zommari that he's too proud to use her teachings, unless he has no choice.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kalik2k's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a tough one to call. I'm actually leaning towards a stalemate on this bout.

Yoruichi is indeed unbelievably fast, she knows all the black ops step techniques that she tought Byakuya in his younger days and has probably invented a few of her own, being a former Captain she should have a Zanpakuto, Shikai and Bankai. In speed and hand to hand combat she would dominate Byakuya, however if Byakuya used Bankai would Yoruichi be fast enough to evade all the blades like Ichigo had trouble doing when he first used Bankai after Byakuya started using his hands to direct his Bankai?

Like I said, I'm leaning towards a tie. I can't see Byakuya catching up with Yoruichi and I can't see a way for Yoruichi to inflict serious damage on Byakuya.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, I still kinda see byakuya having a few more advantages here.

Byakuya would start a fight using his sealed sword and yoruichi would use hand to hand combat. Serious danger for good old yoruichi. It is one thing to run away and another completely different thing to have to run into byakuya to attack. In such conditions yoruichi is in a lot more risk than byakuya. Releasing his shikai would only mean even more trouble for yoruichi. I know it's release can be stopped but keep in mind that was done when byakuya wasn't looking. Would it be so simple in a fight where byakuya's guard isn't down?

Once yoruichi uses shunko (which will be an absolute must if she intends to have a chance) byakuya's shikai will be as useless as a shikai against a bankai. He will definitely need bankai in this situation. In this situation yoruichi will slowly but surely be surrounded by millions of blades. She might have enough firepower to simply break through though. The again byakuya can go for senkei. Senkei would do wonders in this battle.

1.- Limit the space where yoruichi can use her speed.

2.- Provide byakuya with unlimited severely powerful swords. He can also use them to surprise attack yoruichi at any time.

Byakuya could even just keep concentrating petals and eventually get back to square one of the battle. Yoruichi would have severe amounts of reaitsu concentrated on her limbs which would enhance her close range combat while byakuya would have a number of swords with high concetrations of raw power. In a extreme byakuya would use shukei hakuteiken which is nothing but all of byakuya's raw power concentrated in a single blade. In this situation the whole blade vs arm thing would play an important part and IMHO byakuya would have the edge.

Yoruichi is no joke but also neither is byakuya. I think it is kind of too close with byakuya having a tad of an edge over yoruichi due to using an actual sword and apparently being more versatile.

Also, byakuya having learned shunpo from yoruichi would probably mean he has a clear grasp of what her weaknesses and strengths are. Considering yoruichi was already a matured fighter when byakuya was just a kid odds are byakuya has a better grasp of yoruichi's abilities than what yoruichi has of byakuya.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Senkei would do wonders in this battle.

Limit the space where yoruichi can use her speed.
    i love senkei but one thing about it i hate it that it doesnt have a roof and isnt all that tall, maybe fifty feet at most. i see very few characters being able to do this, but i think yoruichi would be one who can simply jump out of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think all you guys, regardless of who you support, are going down the wrong line. Statements like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Dunno, I still kinda see byakuya having a few more advantages here.
    ....have no merit. More advantages over what? This fight is basically Byakuya vs Shunko Yoruichi, and we don't even properly know what Shunko is capable of since it wasn't shown off. Its pointless to use "battle stats" here, since there is virtually none for one of the combatants. Thats why my post was pretty much all circumstantial evidence.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus View Post
    I think all you guys, regardless of who you support, are going down the wrong line.

....have no merit. More advantages over what? This fight is basically Byakuya vs Shunko Yoruichi, and we don't even properly know what Shunko is capable of since it wasn't shown off. Its pointless to use "battle stats" here, since there is virtually none for one of the combatants. Thats why my post was pretty much all circumstantial evidence.
    now your getting it arceus lol. thats all these vs threads ever boil down to, and honestly no matter how intense the arguments become, its all for fun.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast