Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 310 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 310 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by shouryuujo View Post
    i have been with beserk since vol 12ish. We were in flushing and i was at a comics store and this clerk recommended me Berserk (and love hina..). I have all the volumes except last 2 and when i am bored i still go back and read specific arcs for epic fight scenes. It is frustrating that the mangaka sometimes doesnt have enough "meat" in his chapters - like those chapters where we just see some scenery and that's it. Claymore is better in that the mangaka wastes no time on scenic stuff but gets straight to the fight/story so i am never dissapointed - plus the length of the chapter in claymore is like double berserk...
    Well I still don't see how you can compare. Claymore is nice but Berserk is just on a whole other level when it comes to depth and detail. Ya some of the chapters have very little progressive content but they do their job of conveying the epicness of that scenary.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

berserk has it's thing, but it's not the ultimate, just the ultimate in it's own vibe.

I don't consider it the best, personally i like gantz and the walking dead more. Muira tries so hard he succeeds in whatever; gore, detail, style. never loved it, but always respect it. in the end, berserk will be cool, by sheer will.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Does some1 have a chapter achievable by something else other than torrent?? =(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a [Random Series] vs. Berserk thread guys, try to keep it to Berserk discussion guys...even though there wasn't much to talk about in this episode

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad we will see the next chapter in a few days, and for claymore, it will take longer.(To see the end)

we still have to see a lot, such as the mainland, since most of us know about the twist, but i will not mention anything, so i won't spoil, but yes, I don't see it near an end yet.

As for berserk i think we're getting almost there. unless something unexpected happens.

My theory it's the fallowing:

Next 5 chapters the will get to the elf island, and caska will probably regain her memorys if she stays there. and probably the king will grant guts a overwhelming power, and the final phase will start from there.

just a MAYBE, who knows.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gcd's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic, as always, need more berserk chapter, ((( .
    Quake World Team Fortress Player - Since 1997
    BiB

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ameya730 View Post
    IMO this fight is a nice way for miura to involve the elfs and wizards of elfhelm island. i would like them to come and assist guts and company in defeating these creatures. it would be a nice way to not only introduce them but also show how powerful they are.
    An interesting idea, but unlikely to happen now, given the situation. I mean, Guts is barely awake and already the enemy is severely wounded, perhaps fatally. With Schierke, Serpico and the others in reserve, there's little they shouldn't be able to contend with as a group.

Unless the Sea Horse is damaged, or something otherwise unexpected occurs in the coming episodes, the band should make it to Elfhelm without assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by shouryuujo View Post
    i have been with beserk since vol 12ish. We were in flushing and i was at a comics store and this clerk recommended me Berserk (and love hina..). I have all the volumes except last 2 and when i am bored i still go back and read specific arcs for epic fight scenes. It is frustrating that the mangaka sometimes doesnt have enough "meat" in his chapters - like those chapters where we just see some scenery and that's it. Claymore is better in that the mangaka wastes no time on scenic stuff but gets straight to the fight/story so i am never dissapointed - plus the length of the chapter in claymore is like double berserk...
    It's true that Miura likes to detail surrounding landscapes and architecture—providing each location with a distinct feel—but whole episodes are never "wasted" in this way. Besides, the setting itself often has a role in connected battles and events (e.g. Doldrey, Albion, and more recently, Falconia), which justifies the attention given to detail. The surroundings are sometimes used symbolically, too, or to convey a certain mood or atmosphere for a particular scene, giving them a purpose beyond just the "place of battle x".

Scenery is important, and it shouldn't be overlooked to hasten an episode's release. Still, I guess the simple truth of the matter is that Miura is a perfectionist; thus no detail, however small, is ever neglected, regardless of its purpose (or lack thereof). As such, the world appears seamless and expansive—and real.

Despite the long waits between episodes, I appreciate Berserk's intricacy; it's just one of the many things that distinguishes this masterpiece from the crowd.

As for Claymore (and Gantz, for the matter), well... I can't speak for the quality of its story, but Berserk is vastly superior where artistry is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Does some1 have a chapter achievable by something else other than torrent?? =(
    [CLICK].
    Last edited by SparkHunter13; January 25, 2010 at 03:54 PM.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that the crew was going to run into some mythical sea monster, but since they just fought a sea beast the probability of that happening has taken a huge dive.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well I hope the gang don't run into anymore obstacles, I wanna see Caska's return dammit!! Maybe Miura is delaying this on purpose to write out that part better. I'll be so pissed if the elves can't help her either X_x

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes!! Gut's killed something!! seems so long since he killed something.
    Its going to be a shootout so that will mean the ship could sink, but this pirate apostle is weak im surprize his still talking, guts will jump on their ship and one slash and they all die.

It will be interesting on how they are greeted at elfheim

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

can't wait for Elfhelm... i wanna see why Puck was so reluctant to go back to his homeland... imagine the posibilities: either he`s done something to really piss off his fellow elves or he's nobility... but until the releases get there, these are supositions... o_O

it was good to see Guts slicing something with the Dragon Slayer and kicking some monster's a$s again... remember that battle is an important part of the Berserk universe... but, on the other hand, i wonder if this fight will extend, as we've seen that the pirates are quite resourceful...

can`t wait for the next one, which is right around the corner... >_>
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse1989 View Post
    can't wait for Elfhelm... i wanna see why Puck was so reluctant to go back to his homeland... imagine the posibilities: either he`s done something to really piss off his fellow elves or he's nobility... but until the releases get there, these are supositions... o_O
    Puck has shown no reluctance in returning to Elfhelm—it was he who suggested they seek sanctuary there, after all—though he has been vague about leaving, and in describing his homeland. Elfhelm is a wondrous place, by all accounts, yet Puck claims to have left because of boredom. Was it really "too much of a good thing", or are the tales and legends misleading? Or... did Puck leave his homeland in disgrace, as some have speculated?

I know many of you dislike him, but Elfhelm will be Puck's time to shine. I'm hoping for a throwback to earlier days, where he would lighten the group's (er, Guts') mood—rather than act simply for the reader's comic relief—yet add insightful and meaningful comments at the same time. If he did leave in disgrace and was thus confronted with adversity upon his return, perhaps it would be a good opportunity for Ivalera to show support and act kindly towards him for a change; perhaps they might strengthen their bond and develop a, er, relationship... ?!

So much could happen in Elfhelm—including Puck, that is—it's mind-boggling. And considering the possibilities, I'm quietly confident that it will, not only live up to the hype, but exceed it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

none of the links are working... does anyone can upload it to senspace or megaupload or something else which is working?????

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaseee!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SparkHunter13 View Post
    So much could happen in Elfhelm—including Puck, that is—it's mind-boggling. And considering the possibilities, I'm quietly confident that it will, not only live up to the hype, but exceed it.
    yeah, i didn`t know how to exactly word it, but there are millions of things that could happen, from Guts to Caska, *maybe* find out more about Skully, and Puck and Ivalera... (relationship, lol... i`m not such a pervert as to ask of their way of reproduction... i mean, wtf, elves?) i think Miura is kind of taking his time in getting there, just so he could cause our minds to implode with greatness... Puck included, as he is not just a "walking first-aid kit" for Guts when he was alone, he helped him keep his sanity and bring a few laughs to a heart filled with hatred...
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OH NO!!! i don't want to see some jar-jar-binks storyline here!.

But what if, when the crew arrives at Elfheim or shortly after debriefig with the King, Elfheim is under siege. Griffith wants to kill anyone who could be a opponent to him like the witch in the forest. And he would send a little army for the witch he'd surely send an armada to invade Elfheim.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast