Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whitebeard pirates fame after "Edward betrayal"?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard pirates fame after "Edward betrayal"?

Sengoku planned to throw Whitebeard pirates allies against him. Although Whitebeard perdon Squad, and Sengoku plans failed.

But because of Buggy, the entire world believe (while Eustass Kid was skeptic) that Edward Newgate sold his allies for the sake of Ace and the Whitebeard pirates.

The New World crews have been annihilated by the Pacifista, while the Whitebeard pirates were not targeted (as Squad commented), and Ace is now free and alive at least for now. This cohoborate the betrayal that the broadcast show.

What will be of the name of Whitebeard from now on? Won't Ace, who is already hated by good people for being the son of Gold Roger, being hated by all pirates of the world, since his life was in exchange of 43 pirate crews?

Does, in the end, Sengoku "wins"?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Spaceman-Spiff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whitebeard pirates fame after "Edward betrayal"?

Although Marco, Joz and Ace seem to be the top commanders and have the most appearances so far, I don't think any one of them is good enough or have the charisma & leadership to replace Whitebeard.

I'm guessing the crew will break up. Each one of the commanders are more than qualified to be captains of their own crews.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though you are right ^ that's not what he is asking. >.>'

You brought up a good point foxes. I'm going to have to think about it now =/ lol
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace has more than eough clout to keep the crew together. Evidence of that is how devoted everyone is to save him. Oars, Doma, all of those guys aren't here for whitebeard, they're here for Ace.

Under Ace WB's armada will grow, not shrink.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd expect that WB would ask his "sons" to continue on, however I'm not sure it's all that simple. During the escape some of WB's crew or allies could fall... We still don't know about Jozu...

But I expect Ace will carry on the WB banner in his honor...
    Still not sure that his influence would be enough to hold the islands once protected by WB.

Shanks has made reference of a rampaging age... That's what I expect..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sengoku will win in only one way and that is that Whitebeard dies.

However, Ace and the others get away to continue their journey. Because it was Whitebeard's wish to make Ace Pirate King, he will become the new Captain (Doesn't matter he might not be the strongest).

The pirates will succeed over the Marines, but the latter still gets Whitebeard down. Since there is no broadcast of the event anymore, the World Government will show that they killed the world's strongest man Whitebeard, when in fact they didn't win over everyone.

In the end, it might seem that the Marines will overpower the pirates, and they will. But the pirates only wanted to get Ace back, and will do so in exchange of Whitebeard's life (and some other pirates).

I would say, that Sengoku wins the important things, but not everything.
    That's what I think and I have a hunch that I am completely wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The World Government won't declare that they killed Whitebeard. That would looks like they break up the deal they did (people of the world believe they did). It will just looks like they exchanged Ace and the Whitebeard pirates for the 43 captains, and that Squad killed Whitebeard.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the story is actually reported.

The Gorousei (people I assume would control the media) could, from what was shown to the public, end up saying that the pirates ended up squabbling amongst themselves and they all wiped each other out with little marine intervention. Thus highlighting the dangers of a pirates temprement.

Then again, it depends on who gives the death blow to Whitebeard (if it exists), and how many people escape in the end. If only WB and a couple of nobodies die, they might go with a squabble story. If A LOT (and I mean a shitload) of pirates get captured + killed, then the marines will probably release a story showcasing their strength.

Dunno, I just hope Oda actually does show a media aftermath now that he introduced us to some sort of media for the first time (as far as I'm aware, unless you count papers Nami used to receive).

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think now that my theory is pretty much correct.

There is all that speech about New Era, and they afirmed a lot of times this is the event that would bring the New Era.

Remember what the New Era is? According to Doflamingo, a time which pirates will stop dreaming and only the strong will survive.

What could be better to bring the New Era than this situation? Whitebeard, the greatest living legend, selling his allies (43 pirate crews) for the sake of "his pirate king"? Ace's execution is nothing compared to this!

Also, in the last chapter Doflamingo comments "let them go, it will be even more fun!" what was that supposed to mean? If the marines let them go, nothing happen, doesn't? Well...
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks made reference to a "rampaging age" in which i'd suspect far more lawlessness. For sure this event is the marking point of a New Era. But within those ranks are pirates who still dream, both good and evil... Luffy, Teach, Kid, Ace...
    The age Doflamingo speaks of, is indeed accurate in many ways... but skewed.
    But is the result of his particularly dark outlook on the world.

At this point common belief would be WB sold out his allies to save Ace.
    But I really think WB will need to be captured or killed if the Marines can "spin" this in their advantage...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ace can easily replace Whitebeard as a Yonkou. He has one of the more powerful logias like Aokiji and Kizaru. And both of those admirals would arguably be Yonkou if they had pirate crews.

I'm still banking on my prediction that Blackbeard became a Schichibukai to get some renown before making a move big enough to catapult him into Yonkou status, because if a nobody like Blackbeard was did something major he wouldn't become yonkou.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that it makes more sense for Marco to take over as leader at first. He's got 20+ years of seniority/experience, and is probably the only crew member stronger than Ace.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZenoArmani View Post
    I think that it makes more sense for Marco to take over as leader at first. He's got 20+ years of seniority/experience, and is probably the only crew member stronger than Ace.
    i agree 100% even though WB wants him to be PK, his recklessness is what got them into this mess in the 1st place. if WB does die, he indirectly had a hand in him dying, as well as countless pirates. i dont think ace would want to lead unless the others really backed him, but yea marco is the logical choice, he is a bit of a cooler head.

i still think they will be a force, but they will no longer be the strongest crew in the NW without WB.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

out of pure logic, marco- with more history with the crew, possibly stronger, all point to him taking charge...but story wise, ace becomin the capt. then facing luffy after simillar to whitebeard vs. roger, will be more epic.
    thus, emotion over logic, and ace gets the vote

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superman97 View Post
    I think Ace can easily replace Whitebeard as a Yonkou. He has one of the more powerful logias like Aokiji and Kizaru. And both of those admirals would arguably be Yonkou if they had pirate crews.

I'm still banking on my prediction that Blackbeard became a Schichibukai to get some renown before making a move big enough to catapult him into Yonkou status, because if a nobody like Blackbeard was did something major he wouldn't become yonkou.
    I honestly doubt ace has what it takes to be a yonkou. He certainly is powerful even when compared to people who matter but IMHO he simply is not there yet. The WB pirates also seem to have a few more senior members who seem to be far more up to the challenge. Marco seems to be a veteran member and has been shown to be an even match for an admiral. Jozu also seems to be a good match for an admiral and vista seems to be quite powerful considering he matched mihawk blow for blow in their short battle. Most importantly, ace is young and reckless, a more mature leader is needed.

Personally I think the WB pirates are either gonna separate or join up with another yonkou. After seeing the war, none of them seems to have the caliber to be captain of such a huge force. If someone takes the lead it probably is going to be marco though (he lacks a certain something which I can't really place though)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast